JetBlue Reviews

Found 1,593 of over 1,679 reviews

4.2
JetBlue President/CEO Robin Hayes
Robin Hayes
Pros
  • "Flight benefits flexible leadership Core Values(in 236 reviews)

• "Travel benefits are great for those that like to travel(in 113 reviews)

• Cons
  • "management need to be more open with crewmembers(in 50 reviews)

• "Don’t fly as many direct places as the top 4 airlines but still enough to have plenty to do(in 49 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

General manager

Dec 6, 2015 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that always took care of there staff, very fair and a lot of room for growth

Cons

Pay structure is not as competitive with the majors, but if you exceed expectations this is made for with your bonus

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun company to work for

Jul 31, 2021 - Flight Attedant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Regardless of your work hours you are guaranteed a certain pay of hours, so this is good when months are slow.

Cons

Unfortunately this company is yet to become a union. So therefore there is a lot of room for improvement. There should be more reserves.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

JetBlue is the definition of overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated

Apr 27, 2021 - Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flight benefits were pretty good, coworkers were nice and helpful

Cons

For a relatively young company, the office environment at HQ is so old school and toxic which is due to the way of thinking by senior leadership. Senior leadership team also micromanages to the extreme. Company culture is nearly nonexistent at HQ in Long Island City. During COVID-19 pandemic, JetBlue was the only company that I knew of that actively forced its employees back into the office in October-November 2020 (before there was a vaccine) while only giving employees a 2 weeks notice about return to office. Because senior leadership is very old school, they don't believe you can get any work done remotely; very much "butts in chairs" mentality. The majority of initiatives for career growth is all smoke and mirrors. JetBlue also tends to only promote people who hardly do any actual work (analysts and senior analysts are the backbone of the office). Many people left the company in 2020 due to opt outs and finding jobs elsewhere leaving the rest who stayed to pick up the extra work while also receiving questionable (unethical) pay cuts in 2020. Also, senior leadership team could not assure job security for employees at Support Centers during 2020/2021. All of these actions resulted in burned out, overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated employees who are leaving the company at a rapid rate. Finally, JetBlue pays severely less compared to other airlines (even though they claim they pay competitively).

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I had to leave the company due to lack of career opportunities in South Florida.

Aug 2, 2021 - Ground Operations in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers free flying benefits for you and your family, 5 % 401K match, flexible schedule, decent health, vision, dental insurance.

Cons

Upper Management is horrendous (LSC), low starting pay, not enough adequate staffing, parking situation is the worse.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Flight benefits

Aug 2, 2021 - Associate Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flight Benefits, PTO, opportunities to grow within company. Great people to work with. Constantly changing environment.

Cons

Political atmosphere makes it difficult for advancement if you do not have good people skills. Schedule can be horrible for this role.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun

Jul 25, 2021 - In Flight Crew Member in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good, easy training. Only lasts 30 days. Easy trips to pick up. Florida has great team leaders. Get to see all Caribbean islands.

Cons

Routes don't change much. Company will take customer side over staff. If you go on medical leave you may not come back.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great benefits

Jul 17, 2021 - Reservations Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, can pick up a lot of hours and OT

Cons

Mandatory overtime during irregular operations which require agents to be on call if they require mandatory OT

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

True

Jul 23, 2021 - Customer Service in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

good company to work and

Cons

a lot of physical work

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Went from being the best to being the worse company to work for.

Jul 21, 2021 - Flight Attendant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Travel benefits, co-workers, self managed for the most part.

Cons

Where do I begin? Flight attendant management has gone from bad to worse over the past two years. Management has done a very poor resource planning job where we are flying too many routes without adequate staffing. They are pointing fingers at us for getting sick. When people are constantly pushed to work 16+ hour duty days, they will get sick. Jetblue also decided it was a wise move to expand out of places with chronic operational and delay problems without proper resources. There is a reason why Southwest pulled out of EWR; it ended up not being cost-effective. We are also expanding out of LGA; I can’t wait to see that circus. These two airports are constantly causing us downline issues. There have been several threatening emails to our workgroup from our management; we are being punished with extra dependability points for being sick. The airline industry has become very popular with hostile passengers, which creates a hostile work environment. Instead of offering us resources to cope with it, they are sending us threats. A lot of my colleagues are having anxiety going to work as a result of poor treatment by management and a hostile work environment. Also, I question their corporate social responsibility. We were and are still not required to test for Covid after a close exposure. They just tell us to monitor the symptoms, as if it was not determined that people can be asymptomatic. We could be flying around positive super spreading the virus because JB does not want to remove and pay their flight attendants to get tested. All the corporate social responsibility is for show and is definitely not intrinsic. Other airlines ensured you tested negative before allowing you to return to work; that seems to be more responsible.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

It’s ok

Jul 29, 2021 - Customer Support Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Schedule flexible Easy to move from dept to dept

Cons

Pay sucks Flight benefits were amazing at one point Management sucks now

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,593 Reviews