Jaspersoft Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2017

4.0
Jaspersoft Chairman and CEO Brian C. Gentile (no image)
Brian C. Gentile
  1. "Friendly environment but lacks leadership and strategic direction"

I have been working at Jaspersoft full-time

Pros

Seeded well via the open source community and ISV/OEM channels Covers a decent portion of the BI spectrum for a niche vendor Nice people to work with, strong focus on constant community contribution

Cons

Lacks leadership to take it to the next level Flawed sales distribution, not a scalable go to market strategy Lacking general sense of urgency, too much 'community' not enough 'commercial'

Jaspersoft Response

November 1, 2013Human Resources

Hmmm . . . pretty sure this review is about 6 years old. Our current CEO and executive team was brought in to address most of the issues cited here. In the past 5 years, the concerns noted in this review have been completely eliminated; otherwise, Jaspersoft could not have grown as substantially and successfully as it has in that time period. Guessing that this was a very dated comment/post that needs to be time stamped properly.

2. "great CEO"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jaspersoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great CEO leadership with vision

Cons

Concentrated on making money (the fad now!) rather than unprofitable growth (fad then)

Continue reading

3. "Excellent Place to Work"

I worked at Jaspersoft

Pros

Great management team, fun place to work, really respect the people.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I found negative with the environment or the people

4. "thumbs up"

I have been working at Jaspersoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great product, easy to make your positive mark.

Cons

Still eeking past the start-up point, so resources are stretched a bit thin, meaning certain code features become stretch goals, qa plans become stretch goals, etc.

5. "It was a pleasure working with fellow technologists."

I worked at Jaspersoft full-time

Pros

Free coffee. Collegial atmosphere. Market rate salaries. Interesting international footprint. Bright, new office with underground parking. v5 represented a substantial improvement over previous releases.

Cons

Office location was away from the main transit corridors (most execs drove up from the peninsula). Their ETL tool was bloated and not very intuitive.

Continue reading
  6. "Great company - If you want to coast."

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jaspersoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is not a particularity fun, or exciting .. but the pay well, they have investors with deep pockets which will never let the company die and I think they got acquired recently

Cons

I felt a bit like back to the future there. There was a early 2000's sort of disarray. Management was taking the company all over the place, Meetings were pointless with too many people, a blind follow after the managers and worst of all most of the development team is in Ukraine and since they are setting the tone, basically you are their off shore office - weird feeling.

7. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Jaspersoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open, growing great product

Cons

Lots of pressure, old office

"Great, positive, collaborative culture... but some groups could be more motivated and less prone to stagnation"

I have been working at Jaspersoft full-time

Pros

Collaboration Stability Work-life Balance Interesting Product and Market Technical competence of Engineering Professionalism Maturity, Lack of politics

Cons

Insufficient focus on existing customers and renewals Maintenance and stability often take a back seat to new features meant to expand the market "Analysis Paralysis" - even when conclusions are clear, need for more data can be used an excuse to delay changes

Jaspersoft Response

November 1, 2013Human Resources

Great that this review emphasizes some of Jaspersoft's many strengths, including a very interesting market opportunity and a mature, professional environment that is free from politics. Mission accomplished there. During the past 18 months, the Senior Leadership Team has put in place a focused and energetic set of new resources (people) and processes to deeply improve our focus on customer success and product simplicity and quality. This new resource level is just the beginning of our on-going commitment to our customers and community. The strong business results we are seeing so far this year, especially improved customer renewal and upsell rates, are evidence that these resources are having a substantial effect. So, thanks for this solid review and candid dialog.

9. "Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jaspersoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong, competent leadership, transparent culture, open to input and varying opinions

Cons

Very democratic environment, sometimes leads to difficulty in decision making.

10. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Jaspersoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people here are just awesome. Management is really solid and the direction of the company is very exciting.

Cons

I don't know that I can think of any con's - everyone works really hard, the office is really nice, too (we moved a year ago to a great location).

Found 19 reviews