Iovate Health Sciences Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Iovate Health Sciences Reviews

Updated Oct 6, 2019

2.5
Iovate Health Sciences CEO Paul Gardiner (no image)
Paul Gardiner
Pros
  • "Great gym and free product every 2 weeks(in 15 reviews)

• "free gym facilities for employee use(in 13 reviews)

Cons

"Change creates Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Iovate Health Sciences full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee centric, lots of employee events, open dialogue and cross functional interaction and exposure

Cons

Sometimes too much change and too much going on but this is being addressed

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage two way communication, listen to the feedback that you are asking for - recent changes are a great start!

Iovate Health Sciences2018-10-30
  2. "Mostly Good and Enjoyable"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Iovate Health Sciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am a bit unsure of some of the reviews on here as I have had a pretty good experience thus far. I do enjoy my work, feel fairly compensated and rewarded, but I can see some other departments/managers struggling, so I guess it really does depend on who you work for in the organization. I feel challenged in my work most days and as though I am continually learning new things. There are some issues here, but... there are issues at every place you can work. Iovate has been good to me and there have been some rough/bad times but no worse than you would possibly experience anywhere else.

Cons

Workload can sometimes be overwhelming, but there are tough times in every job/organization. I do see some people present themselves as a "yes man" and move forward within the company quicker than I would have imagined, but again I feel there are politics in every workplace. No real work from home policy - although it does appear as though they are working towards developing some flexibility on this and I hope... it increases in frequency/develops into a proper allowance.

Advice to Management

Expand manager training so that all departments are treated equally - I feel that if everyone had a manager/director that treated them like mine does then everyone would be quite happy. Review employee performance for a greater period of time (for example, the whole year) rather than focusing just on the current as I've recently seen some people get rewarded just because they have performed well recently.... Develop a work from home policy. Work on minimizing the politics within the office as much as possible.

Iovate Health Sciences2019-07-10

"high energy and rewarding workplace"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Iovate Health Sciences full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fast paced and high energy environment, that pushes you to keep learning and improving your results. Innovative and creative environment with talented people working toward a common goal. Lots of opportunity for cross training, and career growth. Great perks include gym, supplements , professional training opportunities

Cons

High volume and tight deadlines, which is not for everyone. However, this is also what makes is a rewarding atmosphere that many thrive off of.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and refining flexible working policies.

Iovate Health Sciences2019-06-26

"Sales"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Iovate Health Sciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None, sinking ship, terrible environment to work in

Cons

HR team is out of this world. You’ve been warned...

Iovate Health Sciences2019-07-27

"Feeling so disconnected from developed world"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Oakville, ON

I worked at Iovate Health Sciences full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Some few innocent civilized people who stuck/surrounded by rude, uncivilized crowd in the ''Land of Nowhere!'' - The chance of meeting with those few innocent, civilized, hard worker, lovely people if they are still there!

Cons

- Feeling completely disconnect from Canada/Civilized world - Severe bully and rude behavior -Unhealthy work environment - Toxic competition - Chronic stressful - No work direction - Team work completely dead - Respect completely dead/Respect Free Zone - Far behind civilization - Too much distractions and interruptions (there is not a fair work balance some people do not know how to spend their too much... free time/entertaining themselves, gossiping ... whereas others barely have a 10-minute break chance - Very strange with developed basic human rules; - Signs of how to use properly washroom flush in the washrooms every week - Completely strange with knocking the closed door to get permission - Embracing behaviors - Below the average ''a real middle of nowhere''

Advice to Management

Dear reader, I'm not recommend or discourage you if you've already got any offer from Iovate since its every human right to choose/try but also everyone right to know the right!

Iovate Health Sciences2019-07-20

"good experience"

I worked at Iovate Health Sciences full-time

Pros

good work environment and nice person

Cons

not too much improve space

Iovate Health Sciences2019-05-29

"review"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Iovate Health Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

- gym - on-site cafe -decent experience to learn -free product

Cons

-no work from home or flexibility -old school methods of running a business. put fear and pressure or fire people that make one mistake -heavy process orientated..... takes forever to do something -no trust for employees -hierarchical structure - overworked -do one thing wrong and you'll hear it forever vs. doing great and no one cares -layoffs

Advice to Management

-trust your employees -stop bullying people -let people work from home -hire more people

Iovate Health Sciences2019-05-16

"Life is better outside Iovate"

I worked at Iovate Health Sciences full-time

Pros

Good gym Good cafe Fun industry Decent benefits Big company

Cons

Too many meetings Unorganized decision making Political work environment Promotion is not merit-based

Iovate Health Sciences2019-05-12

"Do not go here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON

I have been working at Iovate Health Sciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gym, standard benefits, enjoy some delisted products that are just returns

Cons

First of all anyone reading this and other reviews, please note that the fake review comments are 100% warranted. Even the CEO has asked senior leaders and HR to post the 5-star reviews. The politics are unbelievable. There is a trust for "yes-men" and no one else. You are not allowed autonomy. The CEO and CMO even review projects as small as shelf-talkers or even wording on a social post. The company does not... focus on quality or what consumers needs are. The focus is their margin, shady practices and low quality products. The turnover rate is unbelievable. Many people are just given glorified undeserved titles in hopes they don't leave. Some managers/directors there have lost over 15 people on their teams yet HR still keeps them around. There are meetings after meetings after meetings and nothing ever gets done as you are not allowed to make key decisions or bring your ideas to the forefront. It has to be approved or "cross-functionally" aligned with execs and directors. If you are below those titles good luck having a voice or getting anything done. The negatives stay the same no matter who is in-charge as its their business model. You have to be part of the "inner circle" or you will go now where. Stay away.

Advice to Management

You're trying to adapt to the real world far too late. You've lost the quality talent that used to be there stop laying everyone else off and focusing on your greed.

Iovate Health Sciences2019-05-13

"Don't work at Iovate."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON

I have been working at Iovate Health Sciences full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Casual dress code -Free parking -Gym/fitness facility on site.

Cons

*Iovate posts numerous fake reviews on Glassdoor. That should tell you all you need to know, but if you would like some details...* -Politics, politics, politics. -Pay compared to work load is terrible. -No true strategic vision. -Slow, overly process focused. Nothing done in an efficient manner or time-frame. -Meetings about meetings that lead to more meetings. - Too much "cross-functional alignment"... which leads to numerous meetings and the squeaky wheels getting all the grease. Usually the most irrelevant issues get more time spent on them than needed. -Out of date work hours and work from home policy (there is no work from home policy) -ELT and SLT reward hearing what they want to hear, and look down on those that try to shed light on where the company is weak. -Iovate is never the problem, everyone else is.

Advice to Management

You've rewarded and protected enough people that hurt your company by putting their own agendas first, while those of us that actually care are pushed out. Get a vaccine for the virus spreading through that building, before Xiwang decides to amputate this limb. Stop trusting the smiling faces that always have a positive spin, and start taking a look in the mirror. No successful company or good place to work has the... kind of turnover Iovate has. Look in the mirror!! The problem is not the people leaving, the problem is YOU!! Industry reputation of being a place you don't want to work! How are you supposed to win in an industry when the industries best don't want to work for you?

Iovate Health Sciences2019-04-18