Iovate Health Sciences Reviews

Found 180 of over 184 reviews

3.2
Iovate Health Sciences Chief Executive Officer Tim Toll
Tim Toll
Pros
  • "Company perks: on-site gym, free product(in 31 reviews)

• "gym free(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "very fast paced which can be good but work life balance can suffer at times(in 18 reviews)

• "I had a boss who allowed me no work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Iovate Health Sciences and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing place to work

Sep 21, 2022 - Art Director/Graphic Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team with a great work ethic

Cons

No cons in my opinion

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Innovative culture

Sep 25, 2022 - Operations in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

substantial progress towards strategic transformation Great products , innovative and purpose driven culture Amazing gym , facility and supplements for employees

Cons

Manual processes that still need to be automated.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good culture from coworkers

Aug 24, 2022 - Brand Manager in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture from coworkers, nice gym.

Cons

Execs controlled everything and very little autonomy.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Turning the corner?

Aug 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative company with great products and a dedicated and passionate team

Cons

Company did not have a clear strategy, and teams lacked autonomy to run their piece of the business. Senior leadership was over-controlling and called all the shots. This created a lot of unnecessary work, frustration, burn out and disengagement.

HR Lead, Recruiting & Professional Development

Thank you for providing your feedback. We also believe we have some great products as well as a passionate team! We continue to work on our business and are always looking for ways to grow and provide our team members with a voice. We do feel we are making great strides towards clear strategies and future success.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Good starting Career

Aug 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gym, benefits, after work teams.

Cons

Poor leadership and directors/managers to coach/lead employee's and teams.

HR Lead, Recruiting & Professional Development

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We are working everyday to improve the business and this includes educating our leadership team through training and open dialogue so we can provide effective mentorship and coaching.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

If you work hard you will be rewarded.. sometimes

Jul 24, 2022 - Sales Manager in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hard work pays off Gym Supements Salary

Cons

Toxic People thriving People out for themselves

HR Lead, Recruiting & Professional Development

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We value your input as a former Iovate team member. We strive to make our culture and benefits consistent with our corporate values, and we’re glad you experienced the benefit of those. We’re sorry to hear that you feel there may be some existing negativity and we will continue to work to ensure all our team members embrace our values. We are especially looking forward to celebrating those who exemplify our values through our Corporate InValueable program (yes spelled correctly!) Thank you.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Do not get in here if...

Jul 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Still has some good co-workers who understand how the sports nutrition business work. The question is, for how long they will stay? As most of the talent have been flying from Iovate mostly for lack of recognition and workload.

Cons

The list may be long: - Leadership is lost and has no previous experience in the category, make decisions based on previous experiences that end up not working - Very toxic environment, leadership (Managers and Directors) is driven by politics rather than talent, so you may end up reporting to someone with no idea what is doing - Some things doesn't make sense, decisions made today may be completely different in a week to how it was before, all due to poor manangement and leadership vision - Communication is broken, so you are playing "broken telephone" most of the time. - People will try to blame you for their mistakes. You need to cover yourself well JIC future battles, as emails dissappear every so on - Unwillingness to work, some people have been in the company for decades and are in the mid leadership, lost the drive of working there, they are just making themselves look busy so they don't have to work in other projects. - Many people leaving the company almost every week like it was the Titanic, includes CFO, CCO. VPs, and other employees. - CEO may have good intentions but their action doesn't represent the intent. It is the same movie than previous years, just different characters

HR Lead, Recruiting & Professional Development

Hello, we are sorry to hear your experience with Iovate has not been a more favourable one. One of our primary goals as an employer is to continually analyze and seek opportunities for process improvement as well as opportunities for growth. Your feedback is appreciated and indicates a need for more communication and a more strategic approach to business decisions. We are focused on this and our Corporate Strategies have been shared with the organization. We know you can never over communicate therefore our focus on corporate communication and clear direction will continue. We very much appreciate the hard work of all team members. Thank you for your feedback – please be assured we are committed to being an employer and a workplace of choice.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Exciting & memorable

Jun 20, 2022 - Accounting
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly work environment, flexible working time tires, good location, good cafeteria and gym,

Cons

system hiccups, imbalanced boss & subordinates ratio(too many cooks spoil the soup), high HR inventory turnover ratio that result always new people

HR Lead, Recruiting & Professional Development

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the team and working environment. We will continue to work on process improvements to ensure the systems we have in place are improving work flow processes.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Honest review

Jun 25, 2022 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good products - some Senior management has good direction - on-site gym

Cons

- communication to consumer is not clear of product benefits -over developed formulas - morale at the company is low right now - no career planning - no growth / career coaching

HR Lead, Recruiting & Professional Development

Thank you for your comments. One of our values is Consumers Drive Us which we are very committed to. Therefore we are disappointed that you do not feel we are clear with our communication to our consumers, we will follow up on this. We encourage team members to utilize our Tuition Reimbursement Program and are very supportive of professional and career development. There is always opportunity to do more and we are well aware that supporting and developing our talent is key to our future success.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Where Brands go to die

Jun 24, 2022 - Product Marketing in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers, gym ... I can't think of any more endearing qualities.

Cons

Senior leadership really has no clue to run a business properly. You would literally need to forget how a successful business is run to work at Iovate.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Lead, Recruiting & Professional Development

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We have been focusing very much on process improvement and driving our Corporate Strategies forward. We understand that this can be a lengthy process and results do take time, however, we are committed to our longer term plans and strategies. We will ensure we enhance our communication of these initiatives. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 180 Reviews

Iovate Health Sciences Reviews FAQs

Iovate Health Sciences has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 184 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Iovate Health Sciences to a friend and 30% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Iovate Health Sciences employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Iovate Health Sciences. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

53% of Iovate Health Sciences employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Iovate Health Sciences 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Iovate Health Sciences Job Seekers