Investigo Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Investigo Reviews

Updated Sep 19, 2019

Found 174 reviews

4.5
Investigo CEO Nick Baxter (no image)
Nick Baxter
Pros
  • "Senior management are very approachable for all types of day to day recruitment advice(in 17 reviews)

• "Excellent commission scheme - Probably the best in the London market(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Excellent people - great opportunities"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- hiring policy is excellent - so you'll work with down to earth people who don't have egos - lots of opportunity to work independently - they don't micromanage anyone - great board who care about the culture of the business and are very positive about where the business is going - the company has a lot of integrity - in the way they treat clients, candidates and staff - Trusted as an agency

Cons

Difficult to share any - I loved working here It was tough when I left and I'd still be working here, if I hadn't moved so far away from London

Advice to Management

The communication across the business is great - in terms of where the company is going, the growth plan etc... maybe more could be communicated regarding new areas of the business you want to explore (i.e. new desks you might be keen for people to consider opening) Don't change your hiring policy. Don't stop caring for your staff. Invest in a comedy course for Stuart Bonner, his material lacks imagination!

Investigo2019-09-19
  2. "A business that listens..."

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working for a corporate agency that felt like school with their approach, I could recommend Investigo enough. You are respected in your space and given the opportunity to truly prove yourself. - Great sales working culture - Always listened to by senior management - Treated like an adult - Flexible working culture - Good incentives - Commission structure clear and motivates to perform well -... Incredibly talented consultants in the business - makes you strive to become better. - No rigorous KPI's, but more tailored to each consultant - Clear career path - Exciting growth at Investigo

Cons

- Promotional targets are the same across the whole business. Each sector recruit very different levels and can daunting getting to the target.

Advice to Management

- Keep listening to the staff and do not lose the 'Investigo culture' as we grow!

Investigo2019-09-17

"Great company that's really going places"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good brand in the market, very senior relationships with a number of well known brands. Love the culture and feel of the organisation, grown-up but fun.

Cons

Not really a con, but perhaps more of a heads up to people thinking of joining here. Realistically you've got to be billing over £200,000 to make the commission structure work, but that's what they only hire strong recruiters and put them in good markets. if you're not prepared to work hard to make it, don't bother coming here.

Advice to Management

Keep going

Investigo2019-07-29

"Annual Summer Conference"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- The Investigo diary is full on great events from Charity days, through to family days and many more, but The Grove is definitely one of the highlights throughout the year! - The day time was very fun with sports day style games including sumo wrestling suits which provided lots of laughs - Great to get involved with the regions and meet other people in the business by having them on your team - We had the pool... area booked out with a DJ playing for the rest of the afternoon making it feel like an Ibiza style event - We are generally very lucky to be able to stay overnight at a venue like The Grove and make full use of the spa the next day for free!

Cons

- Often the excitement throughout the day means that people don't stay on their table for the 3 course dinner, so it might be nice to have a more relaxed dinner scenario No Cons though - this is a fantastic day and night

Investigo2019-07-10
  5. "7 weeks in, thoughts so far..."

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is brilliant, everyone is treated with respect regardless of seniority. Employees best interests genuinely seem to be at the heart of most decisions. Summer conference was unbelievable, a fantastic perk and also a big motivator to do well and achieve great things with this company.

Cons

Induction day felt a little disjointed but that feedback has been given internally already.

Advice to Management

Naturally focus on retaining your culture as the business continues to exceed all growth targets

Investigo2019-07-09
  6. "Great company to work for. Best summer conference ever!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultnant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Investigo is a great place to work, with a very high bar on talent. Compared to other agencies I have worked for, the quality of the people here is exceptional. There is also a genuinely fantastic culture, full of really nice, hard working individuals who clearly love working here. As well as quarterly high-achievers trips, Investigo treats all its employees to an annual Summer Conference at the Grove. The day... includes team building activities (which are actually loads of fun), 5* accommodation, breakfast, all you can eat lunch (honestly the best lunch you could ever imagine with the most amazing food of all different cuisines), drinks and a 3 course dinner and magician. This year we also had a pool party, with exclusive access to the pool and even unicorn inflatables :-) Then dancing into the early hours with a DJ and photobooth. The Grove is an absolutely amazing venue, it is so luxurious and you can use the Spa whilst you are there too. Honestly it is pretty amazing that Investigo pay for everyone to enjoy it every year. As well as seeing how well Investigo is doing as a business, it was great to hear from the charity we support, Ability People. It's great to be part of a business that is giving back. Personally as a returning mum I have found Investigo really supportive this year. They are pretty flexible and you are given a lot of autonomy. It's an exciting time to join, with phenomenal growth including expanding internationally, but also being small enough where you can really own your certain market. Investigo have an experienced hire model, but they do also recruit people looking for a career change, and trainee consultants (around 80/20). I would definitely recommend working here. Thank you Investigo :)

Cons

To be honest none really

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and keep communications open

Investigo2019-07-09
  7. "Great business, drive, ambition and clarity"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Surrounded by top performers, strong focus on charity, good at developing peoples careers. Strong leadership.

Cons

I don't feel there are any significant negatives about this business.

Advice to Management

Keep driving forwards whilst also ensuring clear and concise communication to the wider business.

Investigo2019-07-08
  8. "Great company with social culture and career progression prospects"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

With Investigo's open desk policy, the company is highly transparent across the whole business and with Senior Board members. Investigo are great at rewarding hard working staff who deserve recognition with their quarterly high achievers trip abroad. Fun social culture, quarterly internal whole company events allow employees to interact outside of their initial teams. A big charity focus with multiple... fundraising events organised throughout the year for all employees to participate in, which are not only so much fun but also contribute to a great cause. The support teams are fantastic in providing timely, quality support to the consultants as and when required. Fantastic marketing team who go out of their way to support consultant requests. They organise regular networking events and insights from industry experts for clients to the highest quality. Management team will provide great support in developing employees skills.

Cons

Hard to say! Although there are already a number of senior women in the business, it would be awesome to see even more senior women in the company.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, be mindful about maintaining the great culture and the open, transparent working environment.

Investigo2019-07-04
  9. "Great experience over 4 years"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Clear and transparent financial targets and rewards - High quality non-financial rewards including 5* international trips - High quality CEO - Arguably the best offices of any recruitment firm in London

Cons

- Could have moved quicker / been more nimble for a mid-size firm - decisions were sometimes overly slow - Increased focus on KPIs - Usual challenges of any small-mid size business with aggressive growth targets and external ownership -

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow quickly in terms of headcount and revenue, management must take care to maintain the high-performance culture and reward for talent which has brought it its strong success to date.

Investigo2019-06-09

"My thoughts so far"

Current Employee - Strategy Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have spent the last 3 years in recruitment, working for a classic "boiler room" rec firm and I was internally referred by an ex colleague. What attracted me to Investigo firstly was the interview process. The questioning was professional and really tailored around my motivations and career goals. We worked out together how Investigo would be able to develop me as a recruiter and so far the support they've given... me is excellent. I met with 3 senior members initially, which was then followed by a social to meet the wider group and a tour of the sales floor. For me this was a great initial indication of their commitment to hiring the best consultants. Also no other company I interviewed with did this, it's a nice touch. It is a totally grown up environment, you are treated like business owners just guided and advised rather than micromanaged. I've been invited to 5 training classes along with 3 team events all within the initial 4 weeks. The Directors and managers I work with are complete experts in their field. In the first week I learnt more from my manager than I did in 3 years at my old firm. So far it's the best career move I've ever made.

Cons

I honestly can't think of one.

Advice to Management

Keep doing more of the same thing.

Investigo2019-04-12

Investigo Response

June 3, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Fantastic to hear that your move to Investigo has been successful. It sounds a lot like you have found a place from which to grow and develop your career and we hope you do so with us. Always great to get an insight into the interview process from an interviewees point of view and ...

Found 174 reviews