Investigo Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 13 December, 2018

4.8
Nick Baxter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fun and positive environment to work in" (in 10 reviews)

• "Senior management are very approachable for all types of day to day recruitment advice" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance could be better" (in 5 reviews)

• "Genuinely there aren't any - as is usual in the recruitment industry, hours are long but they actually don't feel like it here" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Still the best!"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My last 2 years at Investigo has been an absolute blast - the company has provided good learning opportunities, the teams are all very good at what they do and overall employee wellbeing by introducing agile working policy has increasingly become the focus for the company. Via initiatives such as wellbeing days, diversity and inclusion and supporting charities such as the Centre for Mental Health, Investigo continues to grow and learn each year. Excellent leaders at the helm of Investigo have ensured we have consistently been recognised via the numerous awards we continually win. Last but not the least, this is a company that listens to feedback and actions it where reasonable.

To summarise, I am very proud to work for Investigo and am excited to be a part of its future.

Cons

Nothing in particular, however a rethink of the current core working hours could be considered especially since other recruitment firms have done so and have continued their successful reign.

Advice to Management

Fantastic company, culture and vision - I strongly believe this is top-down driven therefore, please continue your amazing work!

12 Nov, 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

Great to see the mention of feedback been given and more important being listened to in your review. We have seen it coming up in a couple of reviews and it is really rewarding to know that efforts... More

2. "One of the best."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, colleagues, atmosphere in the office all amazing. Management are great at setting up events to get you settled in immediately and everyone is unbelievably friendly from top to bottom.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the intensity!

3. "Consultant"

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

Investigo has such a lovely culture and its one of those companies that don't make it hard to get up in the morning. Everyone who works there are lovely and each person has great work ethic which spreads around the office.

Cons

There aren't any cons as such but the life work balance could maybe be improved. a lot of companies finish at 5 which could make a big different on work life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. "Investigo Review"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Investigo is a fun & friendly place to work and like no other recruitment company I have been at prior to joining. The company's culture and its people are its USP. A company that really mirrors its new core values.

Cons

Since the recent changes in ownership structure there was promise of little change, it seems small changes are gradually being implemented which I worry could have an adverse effect on the culture longer term if it continues.

Advice to Management

As the business continues to grow, keep the high standards of people bought into the business (which has been excellent to date).

5. "Best company I have worked for"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and social work culture in an inclusive environment. Best company I have worked for charity and D&I initiatives as well as internal company events and transparency with the senior leadership team. Great management support for employee development and growth.

Cons

As the company grows it would be great to see even more women in senior management roles.

Advice to Management

To be mindful when hiring new starters in the business, ensuring they are aligned to the company's vision, values and culture. To maintain the great work culture as the organisation grows.

6. "18month's at Investigo"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent commission scheme - Probably the best in the London market
    Generally Investigo hire experienced people which adds to the bottom line quickly - the business is very profitable.
    Company trips / summers and xmas parties are amazing
    Very clear promotion structure
    clear commission calculator

Cons

Although 'flexi time' has being introduced, there is more the business could do.
    E.g. Finish at a set time of 5 or 5:30 like other London rec firms.
    8:30-6 is still a long day.
    Pension scheme is only government statutory

Advice to Management

Look at the company benefits in more details
    Maternity / Paternity pay
    Pension
    Working hours

7. "Management"

Current Employee - Management in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Management in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A grown up environment with genuinely talented recruiters and senior leadership

Cons

The culture can be oppressive for middle management

Advice to Management

Consider implementing a more structured development program as alot of staff seem to be lost at the principal / management level.

8. "Rewards hard work and positivity"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Down to earth management, driven but pragmatic. Given how fast the business has grown, the management have done a good job maintaining the culture.

Cons

No plants in the office.

Advice to Management

Make sure you continue to invest in back office functions in line with company growth and expectations.

26 Nov, 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you very much for making the time to leave us a review. Your insight, especially given your tenure here at Investigo, is valuable and much appreciated. We are delighted to see your positive... More

9. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

meritocracy, strong leadership, inclusive environment, well-being of staff considered, well looked after workforce, the business has a strong desire to drive D&I initiatives

Cons

more an observation that on occasion our hiring process doesn't appear consistent and we have potentially had people join who on reflection were clearly not right for the business

Advice to Management

retain the unique culture as best possible as the company continues to grow

10. "Comfortably the best..."

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Genuine people, very refreshing and rare in recruitment but everyone is friendly and crucially also good at their job.
    Fantastic events - high achievers trips, monthly lunches, Summer stay at The Grove, Gig nights etc.
    Great rewards - vouchers, strong commission scheme and good basic

Cons

Pleased to say very minimal if any - potentially look again at the promotion criteria..if people are bringing good value to the business through client wins etc, consider this rather than solely based on billings.

Advice to Management

Maintain the transparency, Keep up the events and rewards (marketing team are excellent at organising these!!!) Always update us of any potential changes but thank you for listening to our opinions aswell

26 Nov, 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with Investigo. The fact that you are enjoying to rewards and events is brilliant feedback but we are always thrilled to see comments about friendly, genuine... More