Intrigue Media Reviews

Updated Jan 7, 2020

4.8
Intrigue Media Co-founder & CEO Rob Murray (no image)
Rob Murray
  1. "Fantastic Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Culture & Team Development Specialist in Guelph, ON

I have been working at Intrigue Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intrigue is a place where you have the ability to grow tremendously. You're surrounded by a group of people that are committed to learning and bettering themselves personally and professionally each day. The work is innovative, dynamic, challenging and fun. I can't believe the number of projects I've been able to take part in since starting here. The team is a great group of people and it is evident that Intrigue is heavily focused on it's culture. This company is truly one of a kind and I'm thankful that I get to work here:)

Cons

If you like repetitive tasks and the same thing everything, I recommend not working here! Everyday seems to be something new:)

Intrigue Media2020-01-07

"More Companies Need To Be Like Intrigue"

Current Employee - Business Development Leader

I have been working at Intrigue Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The Vision and Purpose of Intrigue is embodied in all aspects of the company (Clients, Team Members, Services, Community) - Hard working Team Members that always have your back - Managers trusting their employees and wanting them to succeed - Strong Culture - Creating meaningful work that directly helps clients achieve their goals and make their lives easier - Open honest environment where everyone feels heard - Dogs in the office :)

Cons

- If you are not willing to learn and go the extra mile then Intrigue is definitely not for you (Example: Every week there is Leader Building. This is where you learn something new (Reading, Seminar, Course) and reflect on it

Intrigue Media2019-08-01
  3. "Incredible company, 10/10 would recommend"

Current Employee - Team Member in Guelph, ON

I have been working at Intrigue Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

- competitive salary - excellent leadership - incredible company culture - benefits, team activites, beautiful office, flexible work - the nicest and hardest working team members - meaningful work that you see has a direct impact on the clients you help - Purpose, Vision & Mission that anyone would be proud to get behind and strive for

Cons

- cannot think of any. It is an amazing place to work.

Intrigue Media2019-05-02
  4. "Working at Intrigue"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Guelph, ON

I have been working at Intrigue Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Since working at Intrigue I have grown both personally and professionally WheneverI have concerns or feedback I am able to communicate those concerns and they are addressed in a timely manner. Each team member is treated with respect and given the tools and resources to do what they do best every day. We work reasonable hours and are always encouraged to reach towards our own work life balance.

Cons

We work hard. We want to be improving constantly as individuals and as an organization. Focusing on one thing a week from reading a chapter of a book, to reading a blog, or watching a video and gathering a tangible takeaway to implement is required to be an Intrigue team member.

Intrigue Media2019-04-30
  5. "5 Incredible Years, Many More to Come"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Guelph, ON

I have been working at Intrigue Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at Intrigue for over 5 years and it has been incredible to be part of this growing team and business. Our leaders genuinely care about the team and want to help everyone reach not only professional but personal goals as well. There is a culture of professionalism and fun, and a team that is always there to have your back. We are much bigger than we were when I started, though the family feel has never changed; and while it isn't always easy and there is a lot of hard work, we are in it together. It is also refreshing to be part of an organization that is truly invested in our communities and the businesses we work with to help them achieve their goals.

Cons

It is hard work, so you have to love what you do and want to be a part of a growing business and want to grow yourself. I don't think of this as a negative but I know some might so thought I'd put this here :)

Intrigue Media2017-09-19

"You Gotta Work Here!!"

Current Employee - Finance Controller in Guelph, ON

I have been working at Intrigue Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is positive, team oriented, with a focus on empowerment and growth. Very respectful environment.

Cons

The hiring process took many weeks, to which I did not understand at the time. I agreed to be patient and continue the process of testing and interviews until the time I was offered the job, or rejected as the candidate. Best day was getting the call. Working for this company was definitely worth the wait.

Intrigue Media2017-08-21

Intrigue Media Response

August 31, 2017VP of Sales & Marketing

Thanks for your feedback! :) We really do take the time we need to make sure we find the best people for our team. We're working on speeding up the process and we're so glad you stuck it out!

7. "Amazing Place to Work"

I have been working at Intrigue Media

Pros

Team centered, learning focused, strong culture and values, highly involved in the community, work-life balance, and dogs in the office :)

Cons

I don't think there are really any cons to working here. If you are someone who needs a ton of guidance in your role and doesn't like a learning environment than this may not be the place for you.

Intrigue Media2017-08-31

"Business Development/ Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON

I have been working at Intrigue Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is an organization who is going to push you to grow every single day. If you are interested in looking back after 12 months and thinking 'WOW, I have accomplished so much' then this is the place for you. We work hard and have a ton of fun along the way.

Cons

You will be required to meet deadlines, work efficiently and be pushed to find ways of growing each week. We are required to go through a leader building program which will include reading books or listening to podcasts in an effort to be continuously learning.

Intrigue Media2017-05-31

Intrigue Media Response

August 31, 2017VP of Sales & Marketing

Thanks so much for your review!! It means a lot :)

"Junior Web Developer"

I worked at Intrigue Media part-time

Pros

-Very friendly environment -Very flexible hours -Many talented individuals who are always happy to help each other out -You learn a lot

Cons

-You have to read a chapter from a book and reflect on questions each week. Could be seen as a con if you don't like reading and reflecting.

Intrigue Media2016-05-28

"Great Place to Be!"

Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Guelph, ON

I have been working at Intrigue Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team is dedicated and trustworthy. Everybody is looking out for each other. Personal and professional growth is a weekly focus for everyone.

Cons

We are a small company still finding our way, so there are bumps in the road, but we are making progress.

Intrigue Media2015-05-07