Intrigue Media Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2021

4.8
Intrigue Media Co-founder & CEO Rob Murray (no image)
Rob Murray
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Simply the best

Apr 15, 2021 - Account Manager in Kitchener, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had the privilege of working at Intrigue for 3 years and I can't say enough about the company. There are way too many pros to put but here are the top 5 for me: 1) Team - The team always has your back and are committed to great work 2) Learning - You're always given the opportunity to learn and grow everyday, which is so important in marketing 3) Culture - Positive environment where people never judge you and always accept you for who you are 4) Work - The work is challenging and busy but rewarding. You are able to be transparent with the client at all times which is really nice to have as an Account Manager 5) Fun - Team Lunches, Virtual Escape Rooms, Dogs in the office, Client Appreciation Parties, Personal Wins. They put an effort to always have some fun component!

Cons

The only con would be working hard and always giving it your best shot. If you are looking for a job to just coast and not be involved this is not the job for you.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Summer Sales Representative for Intrigue Media

Feb 28, 2021 - Sales Representative in Guelph, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great team environment 2. A lot of freedom 3. Trust from upper management 4. Work-life balance 5. Room to innovate

Cons

1. Lack of structure 2. No other cons

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great culture and growing constantly

Jan 28, 2021 - Account Manager in Guelph, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great communication from the leadership team. Emphasis on culture within the organization.

Cons

Still growing lots which comes with challenges

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing place to work!

Dec 6, 2020 - Account Manager in Guelph, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture, open and honest communication, caring Co-founders, great team, impactful work!

Cons

Quick changing environment as an industry and business

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Place to Work!

Jan 7, 2020 - Culture & Team Development Specialist in Guelph, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Intrigue is a place where you have the ability to grow tremendously. You're surrounded by a group of people that are committed to learning and bettering themselves personally and professionally each day. The work is innovative, dynamic, challenging and fun. I can't believe the number of projects I've been able to take part in since starting here. The team is a great group of people and it is evident that Intrigue is heavily focused on it's culture. This company is truly one of a kind and I'm thankful that I get to work here:)

Cons

If you like repetitive tasks and the same thing everything, I recommend not working here! Everyday seems to be something new:)

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

More Companies Need To Be Like Intrigue

Aug 1, 2019 - Business Development Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The Vision and Purpose of Intrigue is embodied in all aspects of the company (Clients, Team Members, Services, Community) - Hard working Team Members that always have your back - Managers trusting their employees and wanting them to succeed - Strong Culture - Creating meaningful work that directly helps clients achieve their goals and make their lives easier - Open honest environment where everyone feels heard - Dogs in the office :)

Cons

- If you are not willing to learn and go the extra mile then Intrigue is definitely not for you (Example: Every week there is Leader Building. This is where you learn something new (Reading, Seminar, Course) and reflect on it

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working at Intrigue

Apr 30, 2019 - Sales Representative in Guelph, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since working at Intrigue I have grown both personally and professionally WheneverI have concerns or feedback I am able to communicate those concerns and they are addressed in a timely manner. Each team member is treated with respect and given the tools and resources to do what they do best every day. We work reasonable hours and are always encouraged to reach towards our own work life balance.

Cons

We work hard. We want to be improving constantly as individuals and as an organization. Focusing on one thing a week from reading a chapter of a book, to reading a blog, or watching a video and gathering a tangible takeaway to implement is required to be an Intrigue team member.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible company, 10/10 would recommend

May 2, 2019 - Team Member in Guelph, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- competitive salary - excellent leadership - incredible company culture - benefits, team activites, beautiful office, flexible work - the nicest and hardest working team members - meaningful work that you see has a direct impact on the clients you help - Purpose, Vision & Mission that anyone would be proud to get behind and strive for

Cons

- cannot think of any. It is an amazing place to work.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great organization to start your career with!

Nov 21, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Intrigue is the first company I have worked with after I graduated university and I couldn't be happier with my decision. The whole team made me feel very welcome and did everything they could to ensure that my transition from student to full-time employee was as smooth as possible. From day one I have been given responsibilities and opportunities that have helped me to grow both personally and professionally. In the year that I have been working here I can't believe how much I have accomplished and grown as a young professional and I know that it is thanks to working at Intrigue.

Cons

Team members are asked to push themselves outside of their comfort zones, which can be difficult. However, being pushed to do things I didn't feel comfortable doing has been one of the main reasons I've seen so much growth in myself since I started working here.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee

An amazing organization that pushes you to grow both professionally and personally!

Nov 11, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was a full time employee at Intrigue Media and It was evident from day one that the owners as well as the amazing team at Intrigue want to help grow your industry skill set as well as leadership abilities, everyday. Making sure everything we did would better support our community. Trends within the industry as well as learning materials were constantly brought to the teams attention to help you become a best practice professional. I have never seen employers invest so much time mentoring their employees and genuinely caring for them.. truly a great origination!

Cons

I know typically you at least have to find one con to share, although i truthfully had a great experience and have no negative feedback.

7 people found this review helpful