Intertek Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Intertek Reviews

Updated Nov 17, 2019

2.7
Intertek CEO André Lacroix (no image)
André Lacroix
Cons

"Excellent Management based on team work and listening to employees"

I have been working at Intertek full-time

Pros

As employees we are considered and the manager is making a big difference by listenning to us. He is not a boss. He is a good leader. He doesn't give us all we want but he is really listening to us and try to find in it what is going to be goos for the company as much as for the employees. He is a very good team player. Demanding but very fair. He is changing the old bad culture into a great one. He is communicating... very good values for the company. He is a good example to follow. Is is encouraging us to do our best for Intertek and he is demanding on that but he makes us happy to deliver it.

Cons

The company is actually changing with the new branding. More since Mr André Lacroix took over but is message is blocked somewhere between him and our manager who understands the total quality associated to team work a lot better than his director who is only concerned about the month end results without taking care of the employees.

Advice to Management

A culture change goes from top to bottom, not the opposite according to the management people involvement. Mr Lacroix is bringning his very good vison but he should make sure that all the levels of management between him and the Operations Managers understand his message AND have the confirmed capacity of acting as a good leader and motivator. The actual country management style showing that the company doesn't care... about its employees is just killig the branch employees motivation. We are Lucky to have the manager we have in Lachine. Many employees would have already left the company if this man wouldn't be there to be the buffer in between. To rude is never good. This is actually the case.

Intertek2018-01-25

"Harassers get praised"

Former Employee - Client Coordinator in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Intertek full-time for more than a year

Pros

Harassers in this company get praised. And they fore whomsoever complains about I'll behavior of the Managers.

Cons

Please don't do business with them , they harass women.

Advice to Management

Very bad management. You shouldn't harass new employees.

Intertek2019-07-24
  3. "Nice company"

I have been working at Intertek full-time

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

No issues with the company

Intertek2019-03-12

"Manager"

I have been working at Intertek full-time

Pros

good people and meaningful work

Cons

corporate direction is clear but never ever says thank you for a great job - just keeps asking for more. Stay away if you don't want to be in an abusive relationship

Advice to Management

say thank you and don't have US try to manage Canada - the US never understand Canada and it will end badly

Intertek2019-04-10
  5. "Regulatory Affairs Associate."

I have been working at Intertek full-time

Pros

Flexible working schedule. Friendly environment. Valuable work.

Cons

Location is not ideal. Pay is not ideal.

Intertek2019-02-19

"Worst company to work for!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lachine, QC

I worked at Intertek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office, pay not bad, free parking.

Cons

I worked for this company for about a year. I regret it for accepting their offer. If you hate micro management, do not ever accept a position there. I wasNOT an account manager but a salesman. My job was to keep pushing for sales. Managers were not supportive. Basically, I was on my own. Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I had to be in a sales forecast in order to predict how much I will sell in addition to... what I sold. Their goal was to keep increasing our quota on a weekly basis. I was so stressed out by the amount of pressures I had to deal with from the boss. I wore basically all hats from doing cold calling job to go out there meeting clients. I was using a system that was outdated, so poor in quality, very slow and not efficient. When I had trouble with the system, they had no tech support within to help, I had to call to India tech support team which was unknowledgeable with the tools. Typically 4 to 6 hours to try to fix something whereas I had other priorities which I could not meet because of bad computer system. I did not know how many account managers had used the same laptop over and over. Intertek had a high turnover employee rate. Engineers there hate their job and they were somewhat selfish. Because of the managers' sales tactics, customers are pushed away to the competition. Their price to certify a product is so expensive, you will never be able to compete with CSA and TUV. An account manager relies heavily on operation in the US to perform testing and help with quotes that makes the price even higher in USD fund. So think about it. It is impossible to convince customers to buy your services because of prices that are too high. So it was somewhat difficult for me to meet the quota. Even when I was able to meet my quota, they increased it at next sales' call. Are you looking for an account manager job? Do not apply at this company because you will be disappointed. If you do accept any position there, the most you will last is 6 months if you are lucky.

Advice to Management

No advice.

Intertek2019-01-29
  7. "Mediocre"

I worked at Intertek full-time

Pros

Very professional atmosphere and friendly staff.

Cons

Large company, so many things get lost in translation.

Intertek2018-10-04
  8. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Intertek full-time for more than a year

Pros

Major projects and well-known for profit and pay is on par.

Cons

Poor tech and innovation. Very rigid ex-miltary environment. No work-life balance. Very little career path strategy. Bonuses suck large.

Advice to Management

Advance 25 years.

Intertek2018-08-20

"Bottom of Barrel"

I worked at Intertek full-time

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

The staff and management look down on anyone who is an independant thinker.

Advice to Management

Start over

Intertek2018-08-24

"OK"

I have been working at Intertek full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They are always hiring, they grow everyday

Cons

There seem to be lots of workloads

Intertek2018-03-12