Internet Identity Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Lars Harvey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "former analyst"

I worked at Internet Identity full-time

Pros

The work was quiet and easy. If you got a late shift, 2nd or 3rd, all of the corporate folks were gone and things were quiet for the most part.

Cons

One dysfunctional clique. Very little opportunity. Management was a joke more or less. Spent a lot of time and money flying the corporate folks to conferences and whatnot, rather than paying a decent salary to keep people. Anyone with skills or ambition left.

Advice to Management

Grow up! Take the money you talk investors out of and actually create something.

2. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Internet Fraud Analyst in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Internet Fraud Analyst in Tacoma, WA (US)

I worked at Internet Identity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free soda. They're really are no other pros for Analysts. You may get perks if you work on the right shift, but it's no guarantee.

Cons

Terrible management team. Easily the worst I've ever worked for. If you choose to work for this company as an Analyst, be prepared for the most inefficient systems you've ever seen.

Advice to Management

Start listening and stop deflecting. You wonder why no one speaks up? It's because you never listen.

3. "6 years and still not past start-up mentality."

I have been working at Internet Identity full-time

Pros

A reasonable paycheck to start.

Cons

The implementation of a system that promotes employees back-stabbing other employees.
    Limited advancement opportunity and raises that do not even meet cost of living.

Advice to Management

Your system destroys quality of life at an otherwise survivable job.

"The fat lady is warming up"

I worked at Internet Identity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am entirely unable to conjure a single positive thought about this organization. This is just meeting the word count requirement.

Cons

Zero integrity, ethics, or goals by executives. The few talented people have realized this and are leaving fast. It is a sinking ship, and the fat lady is about ready to come on stage.

Advice to Management

Sharpen up your resumes. Everyone is starting to see your incompetence and you're not fooling anyone any longer. Maybe try your hand at used car sales, you would fit better.

"Very unprofessional. I am not sure how they have any customers as much as they lack integrity."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tacoma, WA (US)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Antiquated management with no forward thinking and a lack of integrity forced me to write this review.

Advice to Management

Retire then get some new blood in there.

"It's Been Interesting"

Current Employee - Software-related in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software-related in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at Internet Identity full-time

Pros

I've been asked to solve some interesting problems and research a lot of different technologies. Cybersecurity and law enforcement is different than your usual politically correct maximizing click stream social media gig. A LOT different. Big egos (here as well as partners, competitors, etc.), but by and large I think people want to do the right thing. I haven't gotten in trouble for pushing back.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, poor use of employee skills and feedback. Not just me, I've seen other people leave for this reason and move on to much better things. Overall I would have said satisfied/very satisfied a couple years ago, but it's getting old. Nothing I can put on a resume that people outside the company would know about. Growth doesn't seem to be helping, being optimistic about change is starting to seem foolish.

Sure, work here. But plan on figuring out your own career development path.

Advice to Management

Get some real middle management, and empower them to help employees grow... even if that means they're going to move on to positions outside the company.

"Worst Job to Date!"

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at Internet Identity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Very flexible re: "When you're late to work" - you have 15 minutes.....to "clock in" b/4 you're considered late! 2) They provide a parking pass so you don't have to pay for parking 3) You have no reason to ever be thirsty they provide more drink options via soda, juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate!

Cons

1) Management has no knowledge of how to provide "constructive feedback"; therefore don't expect management to take any notice of what you do right. They only acknowledge what you do wrong and thus feedback only compounds the negative moral of the present exponentially. 2) Internal customer service is void of respect; no one values each other as fellow fraud analysts are too busy throwing one another under the bus and plotting to get another employee fired on a different shift. 3) Unprofessional work environment; excessive use of profanity, pressure to find tasteless comedy amusing - "talking about what was left in the toilet" or playing a very offensive performance from a comedian with no awareness for how someone's bigotry could be offensive to a fellow co-worker who might be gay or of a known ethnicity other than white. 4) Human Resources will do nothing to help remedy a valid complaint with management or help to improve the working environment of today.

Advice to Management

Man up and not be so intimidated that a Fraud Analyst might have a potential solution to a very on-going problem - i.e. - How office moral is totally in the toilet! Consider "catching people at their best" vs. "only acknowledging them when they make a mistake" & consider investing in a proper training program......the current total lack of one only lends itself to the animosity of the current workers who loath mistakes made by others. Some employees like to be a part of the solution vs. a part of the problem.

"Growing company = Growing pains, and gains!"

I have been working at Internet Identity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance
    Interesting work, always challenging for those that up for it
    Executives are concerned for employee well-being, work environment, morale, etc.
    Lots of activities (more than just Friday lunch) for camaraderie
    Room to grow - this industry and company are expanding, lots of hiring here and in cyber security in general...anyone that doesn't walk away with more skills than when they started is not paying attention or lacks initiative

Cons

Working at a small company means you will wear many hats and fill many shoes, doesn't always mean you will look good doing the job, but you get the flexibility to go with it.

Advice to Management

I'll share this privately, thank you.

"Cybersecurity isn't for everyone"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at Internet Identity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of these other reviews are way off base from my perspective. The company is growing and changing and opportunities exist for those willing to ask for and go for them. There have been zero layoffs and the company has covered 100% medical for years -- that might even be used to help heal sore muscles from some of the amateurish carping I see on here. People listen and work through issues that are brought up. Written policies were put into place in part to address people's complaints that there were not enough policies and standardization. So that gripe is basically a red herring, too. Take ownership for your career or don't, help your manager or don't, but don't blame all your problems on your employer is my take.

0 layoffs
    100% medical/dental
    Free lunch with the owners weekly to discuss work related matters

True, it's not for everyone.

Cons

People complain and throw up their hands and don't do anything constructive about it.

11. "Great company to work at"

I have been working at Internet Identity full-time

Pros

It's a great company to work at. Very laid back environment and people are friendly. You get free lunch on Fridays and company provides great benefits

Cons

Company only uses MacOS which will limit you to certain applications.

Advice to Management

N/A