Intelex Technologies Employee Reviews about "lay offs"

Updated Nov 13, 2019

Intelex Technologies President  Justin McElhattan
Justin McElhattan
Pros
Cons
  • "Company is growing by burning out their current employees(in 9 reviews)

• "Many lay offs of some really great hardworking people over the years because of this(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "lay offs"

Return to all Reviews

"Run and don't drink the Kool-Aid! Culture is toxic and leadership undermines each other!"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

General staff are nice and try to support each other, they still have some group events but only to show they are doing something small for staff..

Cons

Leadership is not authentic,also you have to always be mindful of not showing any disagreement of your managers. Otherwise they will go to HR to get help removing the person from the company. Many lay offs of some really great hardworking people over the years because of this.

Continue reading

"Fun work environment, very unstable and frequent turnover"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the culture and setup at the office, games room, activity clubs, cake etc. Got to work on some interesting projects which added to my career. Salary was competitive.

Cons

Very frequent org changes, which affect your role at the company drastically. Lots of turnover and lay offs affecting morale. Redundancies : multiple people in different departments trying to do the same job. Evaluation criteria for performance was vague, you saw people getting promoted very rapidly in some departments, while others who were equally performing well were not.

"Work Oppurtunities"

1.0

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment, friendly colleagues, good work-life balance

Cons

Sudden lay offs without notice, treating employees like criminals during layoffs.

Intelex Technologies Response

Corporate Brand Specialist

We’re actively enhancing our employee experience and appreciate the feedback from our employees. Your feedback and concerns have been noted and brought to the attention of the team.

"not a bad place if you have a can-do attitude, experience, and skills"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Lots of good people who are fun to work with. This is a small and fierce software shop that strives to innovate, improve processes, and find new niche markets

Cons

They have a practice of hiring people without experience cheap in big numbers and then execute massive lay-offs. Typically, they let go those people who do not perform well or do perform well but raise their voice. Read: keep your verbal filters up with managers and colleagues. Also, work is way more important than people - there were situations when management insisted on employees coming to work in the office with broken AC during extremely hot days

Continue reading

"Use your 3 months probation"

2.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefit package and company perks. Friendly colleagues that help you as much as they can. Great experience across a variety of industries

Cons

Frequent Lay offs and organization re-structure. Long hours without overtime or bonus pay. Senior Management isn't in touch with the rest of the company.

Intelex Technologies Response

Intelex

Thanks for your feedback, we are always looking to improve how we operate as a business. As a growing company there is always going to be change, but it is really important to us that our Management team has a pulse on what is happening within their team and the company. We are constantly looking for new ways that we can ensure our employees are heard and that our Management team is equipped to support change and continual improvement.

"Poor leadership, oppressive work environment"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A majority of the employees are capable and professional people who are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

There is a very dysfunctional "in group" centered around the C level. Communication between the in/out group is poor and generally one way. Leadership will periodically announce sudden changes including large scale lay offs without any previous communication. Employees working under these conditions tend to either lean into the company culture or back out which is why you see such dramatically differing reviews. People who do not lean in or speak out against the leadership are quietly removed without notice. I have a sneaking suspicion that the "anonymous" polls and surveys they conduct are not so anonymous. Pay is on the low side for the industry. In short, working at Intelex is a microcosm of what I imagine it is to live under an authoritarian government. If any current employees are reading this, know that it can be difficult to accept or even perceive these cons. When I left for a new employer it came with a significant salary increase and a more objective view of how bad of an employer Intelex is when compared to its peers.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews