Intelex Technologies Employee Reviews about "lay offs"

Updated Nov 13, 2019

Found 6 of over 179 reviews

3.3
Intelex Technologies President  Justin McElhattan
Justin McElhattan
Pros
  • "Great People that are motivated(in 12 reviews)

• "Great emphasis on work-life-balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company is growing by burning out their current employees(in 9 reviews)

• "Many lay offs of some really great hardworking people over the years because of this(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "lay offs"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Run and don't drink the Kool-Aid! Culture is toxic and leadership undermines each other!

Nov 13, 2019 - Customer Service in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

General staff are nice and try to support each other, they still have some group events but only to show they are doing something small for staff..

Cons

Leadership is not authentic,also you have to always be mindful of not showing any disagreement of your managers. Otherwise they will go to HR to get help removing the person from the company. Many lay offs of some really great hardworking people over the years because of this.

13 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun work environment, very unstable and frequent turnover

Aug 23, 2019 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the culture and setup at the office, games room, activity clubs, cake etc. Got to work on some interesting projects which added to my career. Salary was competitive.

Cons

Very frequent org changes, which affect your role at the company drastically. Lots of turnover and lay offs affecting morale. Redundancies : multiple people in different departments trying to do the same job. Evaluation criteria for performance was vague, you saw people getting promoted very rapidly in some departments, while others who were equally performing well were not.

12 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work Oppurtunities

Oct 22, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment, friendly colleagues, good work-life balance

Cons

Sudden lay offs without notice, treating employees like criminals during layoffs.

18 people found this review helpful

Intelex Technologies Response

Corporate Brand Specialist

We’re actively enhancing our employee experience and appreciate the feedback from our employees. Your feedback and concerns have been noted and brought to the attention of the team.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

not a bad place if you have a can-do attitude, experience, and skills

Feb 5, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of good people who are fun to work with. This is a small and fierce software shop that strives to innovate, improve processes, and find new niche markets

Cons

They have a practice of hiring people without experience cheap in big numbers and then execute massive lay-offs. Typically, they let go those people who do not perform well or do perform well but raise their voice. Read: keep your verbal filters up with managers and colleagues. Also, work is way more important than people - there were situations when management insisted on employees coming to work in the office with broken AC during extremely hot days

10 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Use your 3 months probation

Jan 13, 2014 - Project Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefit package and company perks. Friendly colleagues that help you as much as they can. Great experience across a variety of industries

Cons

Frequent Lay offs and organization re-structure. Long hours without overtime or bonus pay. Senior Management isn't in touch with the rest of the company.

13 people found this review helpful

Intelex Technologies Response

Intelex

Thanks for your feedback, we are always looking to improve how we operate as a business. As a growing company there is always going to be change, but it is really important to us that our Management team has a pulse on what is happening within their team and the company. We are constantly looking for new ways that we can ensure our employees are heard and that our Management team is equipped to support change and continual improvement.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Poor leadership, oppressive work environment

Oct 20, 2019 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

A majority of the employees are capable and professional people who are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

There is a very dysfunctional "in group" centered around the C level. Communication between the in/out group is poor and generally one way. Leadership will periodically announce sudden changes including large scale lay offs without any previous communication. Employees working under these conditions tend to either lean into the company culture or back out which is why you see such dramatically differing reviews. People who do not lean in or speak out against the leadership are quietly removed without notice. I have a sneaking suspicion that the "anonymous" polls and surveys they conduct are not so anonymous. Pay is on the low side for the industry. In short, working at Intelex is a microcosm of what I imagine it is to live under an authoritarian government. If any current employees are reading this, know that it can be difficult to accept or even perceive these cons. When I left for a new employer it came with a significant salary increase and a more objective view of how bad of an employer Intelex is when compared to its peers.

4 people found this review helpful