Cover image for Intelex Technologies

Found 220 of over 225 reviews

3.6
Intelex Technologies President  Justin McElhattan
Justin McElhattan
Pros
  • "Great People that are motivated(in 14 reviews)

• "Used to have a great culture before buy out(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The most unprofessional HR department, they are judgemental , critical and the source of most gossip and rumours and then blame others for the chatter(in 4 reviews)

• "Opportunity if you drink the koolaid and join the intelex cult(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

77 Comments

Tech

628.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Intelex Technologies~345066
    Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Intelex Technologies? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Intelex Technologies employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
    Ask a Question

Ratings by Parent Or Caregiver

This rating reflects the overall rating of Intelex Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Oct. 5, 2022 - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance Thorough training Positive environment Pleasant office space Opportunities to

Cons

No cons of any significance to note

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

MASS LAYOFFS - BEWARE

Jan. 25, 2023 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Half day Fridays in summer -Some great people to work with, but not necessarily to work for

Cons

- Work overload - you'll be doing the job of multiple people without a merit increase (but a perfect score on performance) and no recognition - Mass layoffs in January 2023 (second time in a couple years) - This is a tech company without tech culture. Clubs and company-wide events for holidays, etc. are non-existent -Low pay in comparison to other tech companies and competitors -Very "American-centric" company since the Fortive acquisition -All top level positions are held by Americans. They spend a LOT of money on travel and accommodation costs rather than hiring local talent

3. Join the Intelex Technologies team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

A large dumping ground of various projects

Dec. 28, 2022 - Mid Management Level in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good job for people who are experienced in ASP.NET frameworks and have no experience in the cloud - Excellent work/life balance, no need to deliver any work. Top management lives in the dreams of cloud technologies, and employees spend their entire work life discussing endless clients issues - System is so complex that you can always find somebody else to do your job while you "learn" the system. - The company has not delivered a single new product in the last five years. It is 100% dependent on partners and spends 95% of its time servicing applications. - You will be the only employee on the project relatively soon. - 2-3 weeks sprints and 6-9 months deployment cycles

Cons

- There are many technological and business competitors. So that work/life balance paradise should end soon. - The work here is not going to make your skills and experience stronger - You are not going to get the experience of developing scalable cloud-based solutions

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee

not much to say

Nov. 13, 2022 - Software Tester
      Business Outlook

Pros

big company, lots of hype

Cons

need to evolve product with more modern technologies

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It's okay

Nov. 4, 2022 - Application Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not much to say A typical tech company with lots of politics

Cons

Pay does not much industry standards

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pay level needs to be reviewed

Oct. 27, 2022 - Tech Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

The pay was simply below market and when a much higher offer is brought to the table, they barely match it. Employee retention is nearly nonexistent.

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Oct. 7, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great, solid culture

Cons

little participation in the entire sales process

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An amazing place to work with amazing people

Sep. 28, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A great Talent Acquistion team and HR team by extension - Lots of opportunities for growth and development, you will become immensely marketable - Flexibility with hours and time off - Great colleagues, a truly wonderful atmosphere to work in - Fun team-bonding events + delicious monthly breakfasts! While my time at ILX will be coming to an end in the coming weeks, I will look back on my time here with immense fondness. This opportunity turned into more than I dreamed of. I met some of my greatest friends here, I got to learn best-in-class methodologies for Talent Acquisition and most of all, I got to take part in our + ISC's mission to end workplace deaths by the year 2050. I write this review with the intention of telling you, fellow curious applicant, submit your application! Intelex and Industrial Scientific are wonderful places to call home, they will embrace you with warmth and respect your skills. This is the environment in which I learned to truly spread my wings and fly - I learned how to be confident in my skillset and how to apply my knowledge in a variety of projects and tasks. I got the chance to witness the charisma, prowess and pure talent our recruiters possess. While I have made the decision to make a move, it was not easy by any means. The thing that gave me the most pause was the people here; there's just something inexplainable here, somehow the company has struck a perfect balance and hired some excellent, skilled and humble people. I made a move to progress my career and gain a permanent position as I was on contract here but it will always be the hardest decision of my career and I don't say that lightly. I will always, always consider myself an Intelexian at heart and am so greatful I got this opportunity.

Cons

- Fast-paced (I don't think this is a con though, because it keeps you on your toes and you are always exposed to new situations that you can grow and learn from)

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun parties, toxic culture

Sep. 21, 2022 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good parties, good people, free food

Cons

Not a meritocracy, brown nosing gets you promoted over those who work hard and perform

3 people found this review helpful
    11. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Sinking Soulless Ship

Jul. 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Might be a good company to start at right out of school, but leave after 2-3 years Cool downtown office, when people were in it Lots of career opportunities, because many 10+ year employees have left. Lots of great people at the lowest level and some great middle managers.

Cons

Salaries are drastically below market value and management/HR rely on lies to keep people from looking else where No one left at the company to train new hires effectively, onboarding is a disaster now Bad, one-dimensional leaders promoted Seems to be no attempt to retain knowledge/expertise The great culture that used to be there under previous management has evaporated The company doesn't value the services department, yet the product is almost unusable without it.

8 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 220 Reviews
    </>Embed

Intelex Technologies Reviews FAQs

Intelex Technologies has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 225 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Intelex Technologies to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Intelex Technologies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Intelex Technologies. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

71% of Intelex Technologies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Intelex Technologies 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Intelex Technologies Job Seekers