Informatica Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jul 6, 2020

4.2
Informatica Chief Executive Officer Amit Walia
Amit Walia
Pros
  • "Provides a great work life balance(in 247 reviews)

• "work culture is very good in terms or team-wise as well and management-wise(in 103 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "great company to work for, one of the best in Toronto"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance People Get to see relaxed work culture - in other teams too Best location in Toronto - it does matter free snacks, drinks and free lunch Fridays - for some it may not be that of a perk, but for most it is Socials ( alcohol, cheese, people interaction ) Get to learn such a complex product

Cons

Work life balance is different for 1-2 teams so do check with ex-colleagues/friends Salary is okay - definitely not bad but should be better for senior folks Tech stack - after working for several product companies, in my opinion tech stack is kind of outdated.

December 20, 2019Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all of the feedback that you've given. We're always evaluating the latest technology, and do our best to determine what will help push us to the next level. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

2. "The place to be in if you are seeking challenge & work-life balance"

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-multicultural - fun - interesting & challenging projects - innovative - company is well-placed in the market & is a leader - work-life balance might depend on your team & manager

Cons

More than enough to do at all times. No downtime ever.

January 24, 2019Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

"Your mileage will really vary"

I have been working at Informatica full-time for less than a year

Pros

- work life balance - compensation is competitive - work can be rewarding if given the right opportunities which there are depending on product group and role

Cons

- shotgun performance incentives with no options etc means lack of incentive for go-getters - there are coasters - no career growth and lack of recognition for my particular position in my particular group - some management have a very unbalanced upward management vs downward management strategy

4. COVID-19

"Warm onboarding and a work culture to long for!"

Current Employee - Director in Bangalore

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In spite of the Covid situation, the onboarding was smooth. Happy to see the helping hands all around (May it be IT, HR or colleagues in RnD). I find profound inclusiveness which in turn talks a lot about the mature culture at Informatica. Technical excellence, Clear and transparent communication from the top, Leadership (Being #1) in the business are some of the Pros at the business level. On the employee side, unmatched work life balance, utmost attention to employee well being are pros!

Cons

None, so far (I am too new as well)

July 7, 2020Global Employer Branding and Recruitment Mktg

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

"A great company to start"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

very flexible timing work load is distributed great work life balance salaries come in on time

Cons

not enough team bonding. People are helpful, but there is no unity as such

June 24, 2020Global Employer Branding and Recruitment Mktg

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Yes, we acknowledge that team bonding can be challenging, given the circumstances behind the pandemic. Our global team is working hard every day to provide a remote atmosphere that promotes unity and a strong team bonding experience. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

"Pay check credited on time .worst work life balance"

2.0
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Few managers are good at unblocking tasks and Making sure work is ready to be taken up

Cons

No knowledge source available about the product I'm working .no one keeps information about the work they have done when we need to look into it no know shared it .team is pathetic no knowledge sharing ,new joiners and beginners have issue Work load is horribly more Weekend work in release end and keep throwing work when your already filled Horrible work life balance No time to improve on new technology and invest in yourself to learn new things

July 10, 2020Global Employer Branding and Recruitment Mktg

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. I'm sorry to hear that your experience is not going as well as anticipated. At Informatica, we pride ourselves in working together as one team, providing great work-life balance, and valuing all employees, regardless of their positions at the company. I'll make sure this gets directly to the local HR representative for your group and the management team. These are all important items to address in order to maintain and improve on our work culture and environment.

"A great place to start your career"

Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Bangalore

I have been working at Informatica for less than a year

Pros

1. Extraordinary work place. 2. Provides a great work life balance. 3. Team members and managers are always encouraging. 4. Great technologies to work on. 5. Provides immense opportunity like InternShowcase Event to display you work to the larger Informatica audience and also got the chance to learn about the work of my peers.

Cons

Nothing I can think of now.

8. "Great company to have a rewarding career"

Former Employee - Senior Development Manager in Bangalore

I worked at Informatica full-time

Pros

Talented people Very stable company Decent work/life balance

Cons

Technology stack is not that latest

June 24, 2020Global Employer Branding and Recruitment Mktg

"Not recommended"

1.0
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Informatica full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid bus and cab services

Cons

1. Team environment is negative 2. No work life balance 3. No proper KT session given to the new employee 4. Doesn't value employees life

July 10, 2020Global Employer Branding and Recruitment Mktg

"The best place to work in Banglore"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at Informatica full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Flexible timing 2. WFH 3. Helping and encouraging colleagues 4. Hardworking culture 5. Work-Life Balance 6. Free lunch and dinner 7. Office cab service (if you are leaving late from work) 8. Gym with trainer's guidance 9. Bored at work? Play indoor games like - Foosball, table tennis, chess and PS4 10. Yoga

Cons

No non-veg food is served (except Friday Lunch) anyways you can get it in the cafeteria, Ground floor

May 12, 2020Global Employer Branding and Recruitment Mktg

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. Thank you for the feedback as it helps us make Informatica a better place to work at and best of luck to you.

Found 288 reviews