Informatica Reviews

4.2
Informatica Chief Executive Officer Amit Walia
Amit Walia
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great people, great culture, innovative products"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Principal Solutions Consultant, Presales

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Executive leadership actually leads! People and culture are second to none

Cons

None! I left and came back. I wish I would have stayed

November 3, 2020Global Employer Branding and Recruitment Mktg

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. First and foremost, welcome back! While life at Informatica has changed a bit with COVID-19, we want to continue to support and empower our employees during the pandemic and afterward. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees.

2. "Great Company to work"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Healthcare Covered, Life Insurance given, Spectacle Cover, Pension Scheme

Cons

Tight deadlines & work pressure

January 7, 2020Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

"Good company but a stressfull work environment"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great product and learning opportunities. - Convenient office location. - Flexible working hours.

Cons

- No work-life balance, you'll be working long hours and many weekends, especially when there are project releases. - Low pay when compared to the long working hours and multiple project tasks. - Getting promoted can be a challenge - Micromanagement.

November 11, 2020Global Employer Branding and Recruitment Mktg

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees, current and former, to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. Our employees are our number one priority, so we'd like to address some of your specific concerns: * Work-life Balance - We pride ourselves on having a healthy work-life balance, however, it can be challenging when there are project releases. * Low Pay - Based on our market studies from our Compensation Team, we feel that we offer a salary that is higher than the norm for the Inside Sales role compared to our competitors. * Promotions - We pride ourselves on internal mobility, as we feel that our people are the best industry. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

4. "Great place to work and great people"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* A lot of learning oppurtunities * Great people, everyone looks out for each other

Cons

* The Toronto office can sometimes feel isolated from Cali headquarters

April 14, 2020Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees, current and former, to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all input as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you, and good luck to you in your future endeavors!

5. "Good solid company"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MDM is a product that sells well

Cons

Releases sometimes got delayed. Promotion is difficult.

January 20, 2020Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees, current and former, to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you and good luck on your future endeavors!

6. "great company to work for, one of the best in Toronto"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance People Get to see relaxed work culture - in other teams too Best location in Toronto - it does matter free snacks, drinks and free lunch Fridays - for some it may not be that of a perk, but for most it is Socials ( alcohol, cheese, people interaction ) Get to learn such a complex product

Cons

Work life balance is different for 1-2 teams so do check with ex-colleagues/friends Salary is okay - definitely not bad but should be better for senior folks Tech stack - after working for several product companies, in my opinion tech stack is kind of outdated.

December 20, 2019Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all of the feedback that you've given. We're always evaluating the latest technology, and do our best to determine what will help push us to the next level. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

7. "Great Culture with Challenging work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at Informatica are all very smart, friendly and hardworking which makes for a great culture where people not only work hard, but also like to socialize and have fun together. Additionally the work can be challenging, which is great for learning new skills. The hours are flexible as well and you can work from home.

Cons

With such a large complicated product you have to know who to ask for which help, which can make the development process longer. Additionally requirements can change a lot which can make it more stressful.

September 5, 2019Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

8. "Love this company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing like crazy. Great products. Happy customers

Cons

Steep learning curve - very technical

March 21, 2019Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

9. "The place to be in if you are seeking challenge & work-life balance"

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-multicultural - fun - interesting & challenging projects - innovative - company is well-placed in the market & is a leader - work-life balance might depend on your team & manager

Cons

More than enough to do at all times. No downtime ever.

January 24, 2019Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

"Super Bad.."

1.0

I worked at Informatica

Pros

Benefits were ok though premiums were high. I heard it’s been stripped even worse since the PE.

Cons

Pretty much everything imaginable. Everyone I speak to in my professional network does not want to apply to INFA .

December 18, 2018Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees, current and former, to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you for the feedback as it helps us make Informatica a better place to work at and best of luck to you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,525 English Reviews