Informatica Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2020

4.1
Informatica Chief Executive Officer Amit Walia
Amit Walia
Pros
  • "Provides a great work life balance(in 251 reviews)

• "work culture is very good in terms or team-wise as well and management-wise(in 104 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great Company to work"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Healthcare Covered, Life Insurance given, Spectacle Cover, Pension Scheme

Cons

Tight deadlines & work pressure

January 7, 2020Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

2. "Great place to work and great people"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* A lot of learning oppurtunities * Great people, everyone looks out for each other

Cons

* The Toronto office can sometimes feel isolated from Cali headquarters

April 14, 2020Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees, current and former, to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all input as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you, and good luck to you in your future endeavors!

3. "Good solid company"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MDM is a product that sells well

Cons

Releases sometimes got delayed. Promotion is difficult.

January 20, 2020Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees, current and former, to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you and good luck on your future endeavors!

4. "great company to work for, one of the best in Toronto"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance People Get to see relaxed work culture - in other teams too Best location in Toronto - it does matter free snacks, drinks and free lunch Fridays - for some it may not be that of a perk, but for most it is Socials ( alcohol, cheese, people interaction ) Get to learn such a complex product

Cons

Work life balance is different for 1-2 teams so do check with ex-colleagues/friends Salary is okay - definitely not bad but should be better for senior folks Tech stack - after working for several product companies, in my opinion tech stack is kind of outdated.

December 20, 2019Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all of the feedback that you've given. We're always evaluating the latest technology, and do our best to determine what will help push us to the next level. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

5. "Great Culture with Challenging work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at Informatica are all very smart, friendly and hardworking which makes for a great culture where people not only work hard, but also like to socialize and have fun together. Additionally the work can be challenging, which is great for learning new skills. The hours are flexible as well and you can work from home.

Cons

With such a large complicated product you have to know who to ask for which help, which can make the development process longer. Additionally requirements can change a lot which can make it more stressful.

September 5, 2019Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

6. "Love this company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Informatica full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing like crazy. Great products. Happy customers

Cons

Steep learning curve - very technical

March 21, 2019Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

7. "The place to be in if you are seeking challenge & work-life balance"

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-multicultural - fun - interesting & challenging projects - innovative - company is well-placed in the market & is a leader - work-life balance might depend on your team & manager

Cons

More than enough to do at all times. No downtime ever.

January 24, 2019Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

"Super Bad.."

1.0

I worked at Informatica

Pros

Benefits were ok though premiums were high. I heard it’s been stripped even worse since the PE.

Cons

Pretty much everything imaginable. Everyone I speak to in my professional network does not want to apply to INFA .

December 18, 2018Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees, current and former, to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you for the feedback as it helps us make Informatica a better place to work at and best of luck to you.

"Software Engineer"

2.0

I worked at Informatica

Pros

Good work life balance Your opinion is counted

Cons

Poor pay, below the market standard Work becomes monotonous after a time.

July 9, 2018Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees, current and former, to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. Thank you for the feedback as it helps us make Informatica a better place to work at and best of luck to you.

"Your mileage will really vary"

I have been working at Informatica full-time for less than a year

Pros

- work life balance - compensation is competitive - work can be rewarding if given the right opportunities which there are depending on product group and role

Cons

- shotgun performance incentives with no options etc means lack of incentive for go-getters - there are coasters - no career growth and lack of recognition for my particular position in my particular group - some management have a very unbalanced upward management vs downward management strategy

Found 1380 reviews