Cover image for Info-Tech Research Group
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Info-Tech Research Group Employee Reviews about "info tech"

Updated Nov. 30, 2021

3.9
Info-Tech Research Group CEO David Godfrey
David Godfrey
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Flexible work hours, good work life balance 90% of the year and a fast growing organization with lots of opportunity(in 17 reviews)

• "Info-Tech is a great place to work(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There’s a saying here: Info-Tech is a company that makes stupid money but is run by stupid people(in 19 reviews)

• "This kills your work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

77 Comments

Tech

629.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Info-Tech Research Group~157440
    Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Info-Tech Research Group? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Info-Tech Research Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
    Ask a Question

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Info-Tech Research Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "info tech"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Aug. 19, 2021 - Commercial Director in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Comprehensive training program and management support. I have been here 3 months, and everything they promised in job offer and negotiations has been honoured without question. Al employees just got an extra week vacation, and access to RSP sharing program. Info-Tech is growing, and we shatterred revenue records last year. Great time to start with this amazing company. Work life balance, and employee centric management make this a great place to work. They made mistakes in the past, but have really focused on their employees as they learned form those mistakes. Fun culture!

Cons

I have yet to find any. I researched all of these reviews when I was interviewing, asked a lot of questions, but in over 30 years of IT Sales, I have never seen a company treat its emplyees so well!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Jul. 31, 2021 - Associate Commercial Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great starting salary with many career development opportunities - Positive work environment - Supportive leadership team that's always available to help (even outside of work hours!)

Cons

My experience at Info-Tech has been great. The leadership team has always been quick to address any issues/challenges I've brought to them.

3. Join the Info-Tech Research Group team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great if you’re a self-starter

Jul. 27, 2021 - Associate in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the top of the organization to the bottom, Info-tech epitomizes the meaning of culture driven. Yeah the workload can be heavy sometimes but it’s nothing you wouldn’t expect from a job like this. If you’re a self starter you’ll dominate here. It’s generally the people with misplaced expectations that have a negative experience.

Cons

There were some people I didn’t see eye to eye with. They soured what otherwise would have been a fantastic experience. That said, it was no fault of the company.

Info-Tech Research Group Response

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for providing a review and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strong work culture

Jul. 7, 2021 - Sales Representative in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good company with a strong and focused work culture. If you’re interested in thriving in an exciting and competitive environment where management are firm but respectful and your co-workers are super supportive, you’ve found the right place. Info-Tech Research is hands down the best job I’ve ever had.

Cons

They should pay more attention to employee feedback. Some improvements in this department but they could always do better.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Loved my time here

Jun. 11, 2021 - Sales Director in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely loved my time at Info-Tech, great training, awesome mentorship opportunities. A relay place to grow your career. Good pay, great benefits. A true work hard play hard culture. If your not ready to pull up your sleeves then move on.

Cons

No cons at all. Great place

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

May 16, 2021 - Sales Director in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Info-Tech is a great place to work. There's a fantastic culture, great perks and good compensation.

Cons

There always seems to be a lot of change. An ability to adapt is key to be happy and successful working here.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jan. 10, 2021 - Senior Research Analyst in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

An analyst role at Info-Tech involves an unusual combination of the following: -Research and writing on IT and business topics -Advising clients over phone/WebEx -Facilitating workshops with clients on site or over WebEx -Creating and delivering engaging presentations and web content -Various other internal initiatives and other duties as assigned For recent graduates or early career professionals who enjoy a combination of research, writing, and customer service/advisory, the analyst role provides a great opportunity to work directly with IT leaders and to gain expertise in IT topics. For mid or late career IT professionals, a role in research provides the opportunity to escape the operational and on-call responsibilities of IT, and to share knowledge and work with a variety of customers and organizations, without the crazy hours and travel that are typically demanded by traditional consulting firms. The Research department itself is extremely friendly, laid-back, and collaborative, passionate about helping one another and delivering value to the firm's customers. Analysts have the opportunity to learn a ton from all the smart people in Research, and to build their own brand and area of expertise. Research salaries are quite competitive relative to other jobs available in London, ON.

Cons

The most difficult part of the job is balancing various competing demands and responsibilities: research projects, client-facing duties, and the other duties as assigned. Frequent change often results in additional responsibilities being added to your role, without any reduction in other duties or expectations. Advancement in research may be slower than you like, and after a few years, you may find there is nowhere for you to go in the organization except move laterally.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place for sales

Apr. 9, 2019 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Its a great place to learn sales process from top to bottom. I would especially recommend Info-Tech sales to anyone starting their career and wanting to learn some great life experiences.

Cons

Can be long hours depending on the time of the year.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Great people to work with but questionable management decisions

Apr. 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-One of the friendliest and smartest people I've worked with -Office has cool perks

Cons

-More like a call center (120 dials to sometimes 200) and prefers to be kept this way. All about short term rather than long term relationship building -No real process or strategy in tackling accounts (example --strategy from our management. Here's your region. Find all the accounts within that look promising, cold call 120 dials a day minimum using a script about how many members we have and how fast we're growing instead of talking about real business value we can help drive. Look at Info-tech employee linkedin pages and you will have a good idea how the call script will look like) -Work Environment. Micro-managing 24/7. Execs are on salesforce dashboard more than sharing strategies to enable their employees -Product is targeted towards small/medium businesses that have limited understanding of IT

8 people found this review helpful
    11. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Info-Tech Research Group is a world class organization

Mar. 25, 2019 - Senior Commercial Director in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent place to learn sales skills - Fast paced environment - Great product - Growth opportunities - Ability to move upwards - Fantastic training - So much fun to work there! - The best office in London Ontario - Staff and Leadership are a joy to work with Info-Tech Research Group is growing at a rapid pace - I would highly recommend anyone in my network that likes to work hard and play hard to work there.

Cons

None - I enjoyed everyday working at Info-Tech Research Group

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews