Influitive Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Oct 31, 2020

Found 15 of over 187 reviews

4.6
Influitive CEO Dan McCall
Dan McCall
Pros
  • "Great open-concept office with catered lunches, snacks, and couches allowing you to work in a different atmosphere within the office(in 26 reviews)

• "Really nice people and great work environment(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Things happen fast, so it might be hard to adjust for someone not use to a fast-paced/changing environment(in 15 reviews)

• "Growing company that can experience growing pains(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work with some amazing people

Oct 31, 2020 - Marketing in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Influitive team consists of talented hard-working individuals who work together as a team for broader initiatives. The leadership team encourages collaboration and hearing out suggestions and ideas from employees. The company continues to invest in their product by listening to their customers to ensure the product meets their needs. Its quite amazing to see how Influitive customers raise their hands to be apart of these conversations and also provide testimonials, lead a webinar and so much more. There partnership with their customers is impressive.

Cons

Influitive isn't for everyone. It's a fast-paced environment and at times, you'll be wearing many hats. But you'll learn lots along the way.

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Best co-op experience yet!

Oct 5, 2015 - Anonymous Intern in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Actual responsibilities that matter (no coffee runs, or running errands for execs) -Everyone treats you like you are a part of the team, right from the very beginning! -No corporate hierarchy. Everyone celebrates individual successes as team successes -On my first day my supervisor asked me what I wanted to accomplish during my time here and how they could help me achieve those goals-to make sure I'm getting the most out of my time here -Amazing company culture -Catered lunch 3 days a week, beer Fridays, and a cozy hoodie to wear– what more do I have to say?

Cons

-Like any start-up, Influitive is a fast-paced work environment. This can definitely be a pro (you never have to worry about being bored and will accomplish a lot over the course of your internship), but some find this type of environment to be overwhelming. If you feel like you don't work well under pressure and prefer a slow and steady workflow, this may not be the place for you

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Top Notch Toronto Tech Start-up

Jul 11, 2014 - Summer Intern in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The caliber of executive team, all the way down to those in entry level positions, is extremely high for a Canadian start-up. Full of top performers, and people who have seen and done it before (the company's core comes from CEO Mark Organ's first start-up, Eloqua) - something hard to find north of the border. On top of that a very progressive culture and a management team that endorses decentralized decision making. As close to Silicone Valley as it gets for interns in the Toronto start-up scene, and a great place to develop functional skills, without feeling like you're taking a massive career risk. Also - catered lunches 3x a week, and an awesome office!

Cons

If you don't like to see people get hired and fired all the time, don't work here. Very fast paced. Eight people joined the team and four people moved on (some voluntary, some not) in the first two months of my internship alone. Also despite being well funded, Influitive is a start-up: people are passionate about their jobs, and the executive team regularly spends 10-12h a day in the office - so don't apply here if you're looking to coast 9to5 40hours a week (this varies by department, though). Neither of those are truly cons, depending on what kind of an experience you're looking for, but may disqualify for some.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Couldn't ask for more

Nov 22, 2015 - Events Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and work environment. Incredibly smart peers. Everyone is onboard because of their on merits, no BS. Incredibly transparent organization, too. In our town halls, for instance, the CEO and other C-Level executives openly answers all sort of questions. Lots of opportunity to grow and to make a real impact on the business. Business that, by the way, you're also an owner. Lastly, the company is truly worried about your career and professional growth and will give you full support to achieve that. Passionate clients, cool offices, cool perks and all that was said on other reviews.

Cons

Fast-paced environment, to say the least. You'll play hard, but will work hard, too. Some processes are still not in place or being developed as we grow, so there's some trial and learning.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

I love my job!

May 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I always feel like what I do has an impact on the business, there are so many companies where you could work on a huge project for a long period of time and it wouldn’t make a visible impact. The things you do are recognized and appreciated. There is always opportunity for growth, whether it be moving up in the company or learning something new. Doing something out of your scope isn’t seen as a bad thing, it’s viewed as a learning experience.

Free lunch two days a week is amazing, as well as the snacks. You will never go hungry working here! But my favourite is Friday afternoons after working super hard all week, you can walk to the fridge, grab a beer and relax. This gives you time to feel good about what you accomplished this week.

Cons

Things happen fast, so it might be hard to adjust for someone not use to a fast-paced/changing environment.

Influitive Response

CEO

Thanks for your review! I love that you love your job.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A positive work environment across the board

Apr 20, 2016 - Support Magician in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely hardworking cast and crew in the office. Excellent communication between employees and managers. Teams are tight-knit and open team communication. Open-concept office means you'll be a part of your team, and feel included in the larger overall-team. Generally speaking, it's just a pleasure to come into work. It's a nice place to be.

Cons

Fast-paced work environment (More of a warning than a con) - If you aren't willing to put your head down and work, this may not be the place for you. Fast moving management means you need to set your own schedules and timelines in many cases (Again, not necessarily a bad thing).

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great people, great culture and an amazing product

Aug 11, 2015 - Senior Designer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

People really love working here, and it shows! It's an amazing open working environment with friendly people. Everyone takes the time to help you out and is super supportive. The interview process may take a bit long, but it's well worth it, on both sides of the table. If you love what you do and want to work for a company who acknowledges and supports that, look no further.

Cons

Can't say too much about this besides the typical growing/fast-paced working environment. Be ready to hit the ground running!

8. 4.0
      Current Intern

Great environment for a flexible internship and opportunities to learn.

Feb 28, 2018 - Customer Success Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had the opportunity to work in two different positions with the company. In one position, I was remote and in another, I was in office. In both cases, I had a great experience! The workplace is very flexible if you are an effective worker. As an intern, I learned a lot about different business processes and felt comfortable in the workplace. - Win as a team, collaborate and learn together - Let's you go beyond your job description to grow yourself professionally - Positive energy, encouraging new ideas from employees of all ranks - Departments mingle and do not work in silos, it is truly a team environment - Modern open concept office space, sufficient seating, lounges, standing desks - Great perks and fun environment like food, drinks, snacks, ping pong

Cons

- At times it can be fast paced which depending on your personality can be super exciting or it may be overwhelming.

9. 5.0

Best co-op experience

Dec 5, 2016 - Marketing Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

This has been one of the best co-op experience ever. Everyone at Influitive is friendly and welcomes you with open arms. Catered lunches 3x a week as well as unlimited snacks are just one of the many perks Influitive offers. If you love being challenged and the fast pace environment, I would highly recommend you to apply!

Cons

With the fast pace environment, be prepared to work overtime and around the clock.

2 people found this review helpful

Influitive Response

CEO

Thanks for your recognition of our company. I look forward to learning how we can improve your experience.

10. 5.0
      Current Intern

Dynamic

May 9, 2018 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Real responsibility and high expectations. Dynamic and fun work environment. Smart, talented and hard working colleagues. Compelling product vision.

Cons

Not always highly structured, but the fast pace makes up for this.

Be the first to find this review helpful