Influitive "fast paced" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Influitive Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated May 9, 2018

4.6
Influitive CEO Dan McCall
Dan McCall
Pros
  • "Catered lunches twice a week and snacks available all the time(in 25 reviews)

• "The work environment is great for work life balance (they care about their people)(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "The nature of a start-up is stressful and fast-paced, so it takes getting used to and work loads can get pretty big(in 14 reviews)

• "no cons great experience all together(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Dynamic"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Influitive

Pros

Real responsibility and high expectations. Dynamic and fun work environment. Smart, talented and hard working colleagues. Compelling product vision.

Cons

Not always highly structured, but the fast pace makes up for this.

Advice to Management

Offering better training programs and plans for interns would be great but isn't a necessity. Facilitating industry learning in a more structured way would help interns get up and running faster.

Influitive2018-05-09
  2. "Awesome people, but high work load"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Influitive

Pros

The team is great, very helpful and approachable. Good company culture. I learned a lot in a short time.

Cons

The nature of a start-up is stressful and fast-paced, so it takes getting used to and work loads can get pretty big. Somewhat high turnover, which can be hard when it's on your team.

Advice to Management

Better communication between teams, and between managers and interns. Projects should be more focused and well-defined so everyone knows what they're responsible for.

Influitive2018-03-27

"Great environment for a flexible internship and opportunities to learn."

Current Intern - Customer Success Intern

I have been working at Influitive

Pros

I had the opportunity to work in two different positions with the company. In one position, I was remote and in another, I was in office. In both cases, I had a great experience! The workplace is very flexible if you are an effective worker. As an intern, I learned a lot about different business processes and felt comfortable in the workplace. - Win as a team, collaborate and learn together - Let's you go beyond your job description to grow yourself professionally - Positive energy, encouraging new ideas from employees of all ranks - Departments mingle and do not work in silos, it is truly a team environment - Modern open concept office space, sufficient seating, lounges, standing desks - Great perks and fun environment like food, drinks, snacks, ping pong

Cons

- At times it can be fast paced which depending on your personality can be super exciting or it may be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!

Influitive2018-02-28

"I love my job!"

I have been working at Influitive full-time

Pros

I always feel like what I do has an impact on the business, there are so many companies where you could work on a huge project for a long period of time and it wouldn’t make a visible impact. The things you do are recognized and appreciated. There is always opportunity for growth, whether it be moving up in the company or learning something new. Doing something out of your scope isn’t seen as a bad thing, it’s viewed as a learning experience.

Free lunch two days a week is amazing, as well as the snacks. You will never go hungry working here! But my favourite is Friday afternoons after working super hard all week, you can walk to the fridge, grab a beer and relax. This gives you time to feel good about what you accomplished this week.

Cons

Things happen fast, so it might be hard to adjust for someone not use to a fast-paced/changing environment.

Influitive2017-05-23

"Best co-op experience"

Marketing Intern

I have been working at Influitive

Pros

This has been one of the best co-op experience ever. Everyone at Influitive is friendly and welcomes you with open arms. Catered lunches 3x a week as well as unlimited snacks are just one of the many perks Influitive offers. If you love being challenged and the fast pace environment, I would highly recommend you to apply!

Cons

With the fast pace environment, be prepared to work overtime and around the clock.

Influitive2016-12-05

"A positive work environment across the board"

Current Employee - Support Magician in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely hardworking cast and crew in the office. Excellent communication between employees and managers. Teams are tight-knit and open team communication. Open-concept office means you'll be a part of your team, and feel included in the larger overall-team. Generally speaking, it's just a pleasure to come into work. It's a nice place to be.

Cons

Fast-paced work environment (More of a warning than a con) - If you aren't willing to put your head down and work, this may not be the place for you. Fast moving management means you need to set your own schedules and timelines in many cases (Again, not necessarily a bad thing).

Advice to Management

Honestly, just keep doing what you're doing. There is rarely a time when a choice is made that doesn't seem like the "common sense" approach, and that's so refreshing in the current corporate climate.

Influitive2016-04-20
  7. "Support Magician Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Influitive

Pros

Awesome culture and working environment. People there are very friendly. Lots of opportunity to make an impact! There are free lunches, many socials events and outings. I had an great co-op term there.

Cons

Very fast-paced environment. They expect you to be learn quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Influitive2016-01-28

"Couldn't ask for more"

Current Employee - Events Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and work environment. Incredibly smart peers. Everyone is onboard because of their on merits, no BS. Incredibly transparent organization, too. In our town halls, for instance, the CEO and other C-Level executives openly answers all sort of questions. Lots of opportunity to grow and to make a real impact on the business. Business that, by the way, you're also an owner. Lastly, the company is truly worried about your career and professional growth and will give you full support to achieve that. Passionate clients, cool offices, cool perks and all that was said on other reviews.

Cons

Fast-paced environment, to say the least. You'll play hard, but will work hard, too. Some processes are still not in place or being developed as we grow, so there's some trial and learning.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing great. Love the transparent approach and the culture you've built. Keep doing what you're doing.

Influitive2015-11-22
  9. "Best co-op experience yet!"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

-Actual responsibilities that matter (no coffee runs, or running errands for execs) -Everyone treats you like you are a part of the team, right from the very beginning! -No corporate hierarchy. Everyone celebrates individual successes as team successes -On my first day my supervisor asked me what I wanted to accomplish during my time here and how they could help me achieve those goals-to make sure I'm getting the most out of my time here -Amazing company culture -Catered lunch 3 days a week, beer Fridays, and a cozy hoodie to wear– what more do I have to say?

Cons

-Like any start-up, Influitive is a fast-paced work environment. This can definitely be a pro (you never have to worry about being bored and will accomplish a lot over the course of your internship), but some find this type of environment to be overwhelming. If you feel like you don't work well under pressure and prefer a slow and steady workflow, this may not be the place for you

Advice to Management

-Continue working on improving the onboarding process. While it's great to be welcomed as a full member of the team right from the get-go, some additional training may still be required. -Contact co-op students earlier. I started to get worried when I was the only one of my friends to still be waiting on their employer. I also missed out on a summer trip with my family because I had no idea when I was starting and didn't want to make any plans

Influitive2015-10-05

"Great people, great culture and an amazing product"

Senior Designer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive

Pros

People really love working here, and it shows! It's an amazing open working environment with friendly people. Everyone takes the time to help you out and is super supportive. The interview process may take a bit long, but it's well worth it, on both sides of the table. If you love what you do and want to work for a company who acknowledges and supports that, look no further.

Cons

Can't say too much about this besides the typical growing/fast-paced working environment. Be ready to hit the ground running!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Influitive2015-08-11