Independent Capital Management Reviews

Updated Jan 20, 2020

4.2
Independent Capital Management President and CEO Drew Marloe
Drew Marloe
Pros
  • "ICM is a Great Place to build a Career and Business(in 17 reviews)

• "ICM has a great training program(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Leads and referrals are what you bring yourself(in 7 reviews)

• "Long hours, but it is recommended for success(in 6 reviews)

1. "excellent entry to financial industry"

4.0
    Former Employee - Construction Loan Officer in Torrance, CA

I worked at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

small office environment, excellent opportunity to grow quickly within the organization or change directions to a financial consultant including training

Cons

can be a stressful environment

Independent Capital Management2020-01-21
  2. "Registered Rep"

1.0

I worked at Independent Capital Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, nice managers and decent office.

Cons

Pressured into wrong contract. Take salary if you’re just starting out

Independent Capital Management2019-11-22

"Not fun"

2.0
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor Management Trainee
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Independent Capital Management full-time

Pros

You are your own boss

Cons

told me I'd be a management trainee and when I was about to sign uop, said I'd have to be a registered representative. Salary is 40% of commisions and you have to bring your own clients. bonuses for performing, but not that great.

Independent Capital Management2019-05-16

August 23, 2019President

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We believe ICM is place where our employees have a great opportunity to thrive and excel. I’m sorry to hear that you had confusion regarding the position and licensing. In order to assist clients with their finances, we require our advisors to obtain the appropriate state registrations. We do have a Management Trainee program at ICM which requires you to gain experience as a Financial Advisor and obtain additional licenses and experience in order to manage others. I am disappointed to hear that you feel our compensation is “not that great.” Please know that our HR and Management teams routinely review our compensation structure to ensure we have extremely competitive payouts when compared to other financial advisory firms. Our registered representatives who are working and hit their performance bonuses are extremely well compensated based on industry standards. I wish you all the best in your new job.

4. "Great to see a company help middle America"

Current Employee - Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Unlimited earning potential while working for an established 30+ year old stable / independent company

Cons

Easy to become comfortable

Independent Capital Management2019-01-22

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Training and Culture. Management goes above and beyond to foster a welcoming environment.

Cons

N/A- well run ship here.

Independent Capital Management2018-04-18

"Division Manager-Registered Principal/Investment Advisor/Board of Directors"

Current Employee - Division Manager-Board of Directors in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ICM is a Great Place to build a Career and Business. We help with getting Advisors licensed and fully Trained to build a Long Term Career in the Financial Services Industry. Our Managers Goal is to help our Advisors. You must be willing to put the time and EFFORT to learn the business. You can find Long Term SUCCESS with our company and industry with Time and Effort. Independence is also very Important to help clients with Non-Proprietary Products and Services.

Cons

You have to pass tests and get licensed to work as an Advisor in our Industry. Must have a good background and Credit history. Once licensed, you must follow through with what you said you would do in the interview process. Phone calling, Marketing, Networking, Constant Training, Compliance, and whatever it takes to learn the business and industry. The Income will follow. Some people take the Salary Option. Most work 100% Commission to make the Most Income! Be your own Business Mentality!

Independent Capital Management2018-02-21

July 2, 2018President

Thank you for taking the time to review! It's because of your hard work and dedication that we have this shared success. Thank you for choosing to bring your talents to ICM.

"Great place to be at!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have regular work hours to be with my family, and there is a lot of opportunity for career growth with this company.

Cons

I haven’t came across any cons.

Independent Capital Management2018-02-19
  8. "Financial Advisor Position Review"

4.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time

Pros

A good training program and enjoyable work environment, lots of help available from an advise perspective.

Cons

Strong reliance on knowing contacts and very much are building your own business, and in that aspect, you are on your own, more or less.

Independent Capital Management2018-02-12

"Great place to work - Awesome co-workers"

5.0

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We have flexible working hours as long as you hit your targets I feel comfortable approaching Senior Leadership when I need advice The managers are always available, engaged, & take employee suggestions seriously Clear path for career advancement Constant, ongoing in-office training Smart & fun colleagues who want to see everyone succeed No product limitations

Cons

This job is not for everyone... self-starters only. Obtaining industry licenses & building your BOB requires self-discipline.

Independent Capital Management2017-10-20

February 5, 2018President

Thank you for sharing your experience at ICM. It's because of your hard work and dedication that we have this shared success.

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in South Pasadena, CA

Pros

Mentorship. The managers always have your best interest in mind, and want to see you succeed.

Cons

Occasionally people are resistant to talk with you about their financial plan.

Independent Capital Management2017-09-05

February 5, 2018President

Wow, such great feedback to hear. Our managers truly are committed to our success. Thank you for noticing!

Found 72 reviews