Indeed Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 25, 2021

4.3
Indeed CEO Chris Hyams
Chris Hyams
Pros
  • "The work life balance is great especially in the sales team as there are strict hours that you can be online(in 138 reviews)

• "amazing people, free food, fun events(in 127 reviews)

Cons
  • "No structure in how a week would look just what is your sales number as it needs to be brought to senior management(in 24 reviews)

• "Lead generation - the replenishment of leads is sub par(in 21 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pay is very good - Benefits and culture is awesome - Very flexible work / life balance - 9 to 5 are the hours they expect work to be done

Cons

- Nothing - work hard and you will be rewarded!

"Employee Morale in the Negatives"

1.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Snacks, work life balance, labtop

Cons

I have worked at indeed for a year and a half. Things were amazing when I first started. I saw a bright future for myself here at indeed to expand on my current skills and to learn new sales, and business skills. But then…things took a turn at the end of 2018, headed into 2019…. Reps at indeed will no longer hit green BREAKING NEWS! I have create da lifestyle around the pay structure I was used to. That lifestyle is now gone. I find it hard to manage my lifestyle, take care of my family, and take PTO. I had planned on building my career here at indeed and now I feel as if I am “sticking it out”I feel discouraged, and ashamed coming into work everyday. The morale in the office is beyond down, and it is somehow the reps fault? How does upper management except reps to hit targets that do not even mathematically even make sense to hit due to the current spenders, and new spenders coming in. We are being set up for failure. They are better off letting people go, or being transparent in what is going on within the organization so that we CAN be positive and have a better hope for tomorrow.

Continue reading

April 30, 2019Program Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about working at Indeed in Toronto. Your feedback is invaluable and we are listening. Our leadership is constantly reviewing sales targets and we appreciate you providing us feedback, we also recommend reaching out to your direct manager or provide feedback through our employee engagement surveys and manager performance feedback. This provides us insights on the employee experience, and we take it seriously. Once again thanks for your feedback!

3. "Account Executive"

5.0

I have been working at Indeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Pay Good Holidays Good Work life Balance Good culture Free lunch Mondays Good Benefits Down to earth mentality of work life balance

Cons

Things can be unfair Not much room for career growth

March 28, 2017Director, Employer Brand

Thanks for sharing your feedback as an Account Executive! We're constantly striving for a balanced work environment with opportunities for productive employees to grow inside Indeed. If you're up for sharing additional details about your experience, we'd love to hear them - inside@indeed.com.

4. "Great Job - My time to go"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Indeed full-time

Pros

I loved working at indeed right out of college for about 3 years. The culture is perfect for a transition out of college as well as great compensation as a sales rep for hitting your quarterly quotas. The training is unmatched with Dale Carnegie training as you progress in your career at indeed. The work life balance is great especially in the sales team as there are strict hours that you can be online. However, if you are looking to get ahead by putting in extra time this is not possible.

Cons

You can progress quickly to Senior Account Exective however, after this there are fewer opportunities to grow in your career for someone who was looking for a more complex sales cycle it was time for me to move on. Management is young so is great at selling indeeds product but does not have a lot of experience outside of that. I found that it was difficult for them to assist outside of their selling style.

January 20, 2021Senior Employer Brand Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for your positive and constructive feedback. This is really helpful for any job seekers that may be looking to join Indeed in the future. We wish you all the best in your new role.

5. COVID-19

"Great organization with a mission and focus on career growth"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Indeed full-time

Pros

- Indeed serves a basic human and economic need for all kinds of people - Best tech employer in Austin, good opportunities to stay long-term or grow career - Engineering has high hiring standards without dogmatic rules or fanatic expectations - Clear leader in job search but still innovating and looking for new opportunities - Transparent and competitive salaries and finally switching to equity compensation - Culture puts emphasis on sustainable work-life balance over heroism - No employee layoffs at all when COVID hit, which shows good character - Opportunity for nearly all roles to work remotely without need for manager approval

Cons

- Business-driven, pragmatic focus to innovation means few research opportunities for academic backgrounds - Although talent is reliably in top 5%, talent in top 1% is much more rare than at big-N tech companies for some reason (location? recruiting?). - Amazing office spaces, in-office catering, amenities and events now mean nothing - Still unclear what new normal will be like after COVID

"I WISH I COULD RECOMMEND Indeed , BUT I CANT"

2.0
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work-life balance was fantastic. Met lots of other employees during my time here who's advice I still seek out from time to time. However, times have changed and we are no longer having such an opportunity.

Cons

Career progression and rewards and recognition would need to improve. Zero budget put in for training, upskilling. People leave and do not get replaced. Senior management leaving bad sign of a sinking ship. New technology could be improved. Salaries also could be improved. Most of the management I was exposed to had been field promoted. Because someone had some technical skill does not make them a good manager. Time served and who you spent time with in work seemed to matter most. If you worked hard and did well in your job, you would never leave it.

Continue reading

October 26, 2020Senior Employer Brand Specialist

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your current experience working for our Sales team in Dublin. We are saddened to read your comments and would like to take an opportunity to address your concerns and to learn more. Training and development for employees is paramount and we believe that adequate training is provided for employees alongside an extensive online learning platform that can also be accessed outside of the sales training offered. We believe our career progression structure has been established over the past few years, and paths to promotion should be discussed with your direct management team or HR if further advice is required. In this instance, we would ask for you to reach out to your local HR Business Partner to discuss your comments confidentially so we can address accordingly and hopefully provide you with the support you require.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Client Success Specialist in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Indeed full-time

Pros

Benefits, work life balance, culture

Cons

Pay could be higher and more competitive

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Indeed full-time

Pros

Good company culture, great work life balance, great leadership

Cons

Not the best career movement

January 14, 2021Senior Employer Brand Specialist

Thanks for leaving us a review about your experience working for our HR department. We're thrilled to read you're enjoying the culture, work life balance and leadership!

9. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Indeed full-time

Pros

Good pay and culture. Great work-life balance.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities. Internal server errors often.

January 21, 2021Senior Employer Brand Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for leaving us a review about your experience working for us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

10. "Amazing culture with a truly innovative senior leadership team"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good work life balance - Quotas are manageable - Strong senior leadership team - work from home options - great compensation

Cons

With a company that has consistently grown as much as Indeed, the year over year increase in business expectations can be a bit daunting.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 138 Reviews