Indeed Employee Reviews about "lead generation"

Updated Jul 26, 2018

4.3
Indeed CEO Chris Hyams
Chris Hyams
Pros
  • "The work life balance is great especially in the sales team as there are strict hours that you can be online(in 138 reviews)

• "amazing people, free food, fun events(in 127 reviews)

Cons
  • "No structure in how a week would look just what is your sales number as it needs to be brought to senior management(in 24 reviews)

• "Lead generation - the replenishment of leads is sub par(in 21 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "lead generation"

Return to all Reviews

"Sr Account Executive"

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice financial compensation for an inside sales job, great perks, insurance, benefits, and nice office. Great team events when we have them once a qtr....happy hours are OK

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. For starters if you CAN NOT make 70-80 calls EVERY DAY NO then do not work here. There's a lot at this company in Sales that is flawed behind the scenes...... Do not let the big brand name fool you. I know it's great working for a big name company but you need to be prepared for what the job entails. They want an army of people. If that is not you do not work here you won't be happy because of the stress of trying to follow suit. You have an hour to hour schedule. You have task after task. They "try" to not micromanage but they will forever hover bc how they have designed their sales process to be inefficient. People walk around here looking stressed. People barely talk throughout the day because of all the issues in sales that burn them out. 1)CRM is archaic 2) Lead generation is archaic and completely unorganized The metrics are not designed to solely help you sell. They are designed to show productivity fake it until you make it productivity. It could be a lot more simple and effective. Leadership does not fix issues that are ongoing, they are not willing accept people who inquire for improvements and are capable to question things to implement change. Again, they want you to be robotic and if you can't do that you will not be happy. Indeed seems to be focused on culture, well not sales, they do not encourage culture in sales. They do not care about budgeting for events they want you to hit your 70, 80 dials and do all the backend work in spite of how noticeable it is walking by someone and see their face burnt out. We should budget for sales to feel more connected to one another after all the hard work that only sales people understand.

August 8, 2018Director, Employer Brand

Thanks for sharing your experience on the sales team at Indeed. We want to make the world’s #1 job site one of the world’s #1 places to work, so it’s great to hear your positive feedback on our benefits, compensation and the perks we offer. However, there are a couple of points that we’d like to address. The number of expected calls for an Account Executive, is 60 per day. If you’re being asked to hit more than that, please share your information via inside@indeed.com so we can research further. You’re correct that our Sales team are the frontline of our business and therefore a vital part of our success. We’re committed to evolutionary change, and we are implementing a new global CRM to support sales. We want to foster an open feedback culture at Indeed through our quarterly feedback and manager effectiveness surveys. We also have our internal ‘Indeed Feedback’ system which you can use at anytime to provide feedback. We care deeply about the welfare and wellbeing of our employees, providing yoga and meditation options, as well as a confidential employee assistance helpline. But we do welcome further feedback from our people so please use the email address above to give us more details.

"Sales got harder. Commission was decreased then cancelled."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Stamford, CT

I worked at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started in sales in 2014, got promoted after a year. The first 12 months or so were great, they paid really good commissions. Was easy to get first promotion that came with a nice raise. 40 hour work week. Don't ever have to come in early or stay late. CEO seems very bright and has a nice plan for the company. Benefits are solid and relatively inexpensive for employees. Free food, snacks, drinks, happy hours. Stamford is also a really cool office.

Cons

Zero lead generation. You will find all of your own leads. Structure of sales teams changed, became impossible to find leads, but quotas got higher, commission and bonuses were unreachable for many reps. Company started offering other services, which were sold by different teams, and the different teams called on the same opportunities, often causing competition for a sale. Being micromanaged is a part of the life (how many calls, how many minutes those calls were, what times you should be making calls, how many emails, ratio of calls to demos). 60 call per day minimum regardless of what you have scheduled for the day. Managers send emails in all capital letters when the team doesn't hit goals. Recently completely changed the compensation structure. Took monthly commission out and replaced it with quarterly performance bonus. Stamford office isn't very diverse, they hire alot from a particular college in Connecticut that leads to a lot of bro-culture. Unlimited paid time off sounds cool but you'll hear "not good to take time off in the beginning/middle/end of the quarter".

June 7, 2017Director, Employer Brand

We appreciate your insight on sales in Stamford and plan to share it with the right people. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to send us a message at inside@indeed.com.

"Account executive"

5.0

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Attainable and rewarding bonus quarterly Brand new kitted out office Internal progression and career coaching Colleagues

Cons

Crm - it is dated however Salesforce is being brought in just no definitive date as of yet Lead generation - the replenishment of leads is sub par.

4. "Account Executive"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Indeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Atmosphere! The team I am on is very cohesive. Everyone works well together. Great reward for meeting sales goals and quotas.

Cons

It is hard to find a con here but, If I had to pick one I would say better lead generation. Learning to prospect well is very vital.

September 25, 2016Director, Employer Brand

Thanks so much for your feedback on the sales environment. We appreciate your belief in our mission, to help people get jobs!

"Weigh your options carefully"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of training HUGE potential to make a lot of money Somewhat relaxed environment

Cons

Quotas can grow to become unrealistic Lots of Internal politics and directors don/t really know what theyre doing Constant changes, not always bad but you MUST be able to adapt to them Lack of proper lead generation

"Cult Cult Cult"

1.0

I have been working at Indeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food on Wednesdays Decent bonus structure for the (very few) high achievers Good central location in the city. Nice office

Cons

Where to start. I wouldn't wish the treatment here on my worst enemy. When I was first indoctrinated into Indeed I was super excited about the new job, as is everyone. This quickly wears off once you're sat at your assigned desk in the open office. The tech start up vibes are well and truly a thing of the past, and what's left is a phoney culture of "helping people get jobs", maximising profit by hook or by crook. Which ever director you get sent to when you join the business will decide your fate. I can agree with the other reviewers here that if management don't like you, you are done. You will be bullied. They all attempt to cloud the call centre atmosphere on the sales floor with fake banter, hitting the gong etc and then shove numbers down your throat. There is also a tradition of pushing people out of the company by sheer bullying tactics and It is DISGUSTING to see. All Account Executives get given leads. These are employer accounts that have been created for free and who are posting jobs. Our job is to sell the premium package. Easy right?! You cannot prospect leads or search the CRM for accounts. On the direct employer acquisition teams certain individuals will get better leads than others and some will receive nothing but fast food takeaways on Bournemouth beach. This is literally no joke. Sadly this is only one of the many issues with the lead generation. I'm sure it's company wide. Another seriously frustrating problem with the lead gen is that you will find that many of them you call are being worked by other AE's under different duplicated accounts and confusion is stirred over who gets to keep what etc If you make comments about the lead gen, you will be dealt with. The business deny that any favouritism goes on and insist that we are being randomly assigned them but everyone knows there is something more sinister at play. At the end of the day if your leads are bad then you will not do well or even hit target. This is how Indeed manage their staff if they want them out etc. The directors will also take spending accounts from individuals and give them to others if they think that the individual will not get more out of them. This may sound fair enough but when they cannot prospect their own leads and rely on incompetent lead generation, this leaves people short and hits them in the pockets. Cowboys. The product of PPC sponsored jobs/ featured employer that we are selling has to be one of the biggest scams I've ever seen online. It's all a completely overpriced gamble. If you want to be absolutely rinsed as a client, then sign up. The free service works just as well if you repost the ads once a week/month and there is no way to flag users that do this. Frustrating because 90% the main users do this and we are powerless to stop it. No body wants to use the sponsored jobs and very few clients get a decent return on their investments. There is no contract either so the clients that do spend money can stop at anytime. And they do eventually, they all do. To combat this your director will demand that you have a back up plan, obviously. But inevitably the churn wheel just goes around and around. It's unsustainable The directors simply regurgitate orders from senior management (who haven't hit target all year) and make themselves look busy. They have no experience in management outside of Indeed. Many of them are narcissistic and arrogant and will micromanage your every move. Micromanagement is a big big problem here. It gets to the point where you will literally be looking over your shoulder. Expect to make 60 calls and 120 minutes of talk time as a minimum KPI. This is achievable but unnecessary. You will be shocked to see that again some individuals, regardless of circumstance, will be able to skimp on these and others will be reprimanded for not hitting them everyday. Unlimited holidays is another giant lie they tell you to brew excitement at interview stage. This is just not true. I have taken less holidays here than any other job I've had. Reason is that you simply do not have the time and the targets are a stretch to say the least. Your dictator will not approve holidays if you are slightly behind or if in their humble opinion have not given enough notice. Squeeze squeeze squeeze. I'm currently seeking other employment as I cannot bear to work here anymore. Between the sickening favouritism and the micromanagement, I think..... I'm sure I will be happier somewhere else and you will be too.

Continue reading

"Used to be great company - call centre environment now"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Indeed full-time

Pros

- Good Product - Growing Company

Cons

- More micro management than ever, you HAVE TO exceed minutes and dials, no lead generation in place. Treat people like children and........... - The warmest incoming opportunities mis-assigned and undersold. - Poor pension contribution. - 'Unlimited leave' is a candidate marketing tool and misleading. All leave has to be approved by Manager and is often denied.

Continue reading

"Don't be fooled by the positive ratings, they're probably from interns"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Indeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Indeed is a decent introduction into the world of recruitment advertising. The company offers a solid product, and the employees (though ever-changing) probably the best part of working there.

Cons

Where to begin... - 60-call quota every day. - Micro-management of your activity, to the point where it's counterproductive. - A revolving door of new faces, as they're unable to keep anyone for longer than a year. Typical age of a new sales rep: 22. Fresh out of college and ready to attack their first sales role. Somewhat Boiler Room-esque. - No incentives to stay longer than a year, as you realize quickly there's no room for advancement. - The people that have advanced into managerial roles are typically the ones who've been there since the days when Indeed actually had plenty of opportunity for its sales reps. - Oh yeah, NO OPPORTUNITY for sales reps. You create every single lead that you eventually call as there is NO LEAD GENERATION. Every lead you look at, every person you dial has probably been contacted by 6 other reps within the organization. Because you have to fight every other rep for leads and there's no protection of your book whatsoever, good luck trying to nurture a prospect for longer than a few months. - Their homegrown CRM is an absolute joke. For a company occupying the SalesForce building, you'd think they'd actually get with the 21st century and use SalesForce. - Middle management means well, but generally impotent. - Upper management is obtuse, opaque, and downright sluggish to implement any potential improvement. I could on for a lot longer, but I should be fair. If you're considering joining Indeed fresh out of college and have no other choices, go ahead and apply. If you've been in sales for a while, look elsewhere.

"Good experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Stamford, CT

I worked at Indeed full-time

Pros

There is potential to make a lot of money at Indeed. If you play the game and game the system then there is serious income potential. Bonuses are very generous The perks are great. Between benefits and the company outings/happy hours, it's a great environment. Indeed is growing quickly and is very profitable.

Cons

- Every manager is homegrown from within which leads to a "groupthink" mentality. What worked 4 years ago when they were selling may not be the best strategy today but there is no outside influence to tell them that. - Incredible amount of micro management focused mainly on metrics rather than the content - Indeed preaches its perks and forward thinking workplace yet it is an act of god to get permission to leave half an hour early one day even when hitting your numbers - Awful homegrown CRM that is disorganized/always breaks and is not maintained. This leads to garbage lead generation and inefficient processes. Should've upgraded to salesforce long ago and now they are in too deep - Focus on hiring more and more people rather than looking into how they can make their existing AEs more efficient. Investing in sales software to streamline the outreach would go a long way for existing AEs - Successful AEs take a pay cut to move into an enterprise level role or a management role just so they can escape the inside sales environment. - The system that manages the campaigns is designed in Indeed's favor and will manipulate the campaign in Indeed's favor, diminishing the value the client sees. This is done just so AEs and teams can hit their quotas.

Continue reading

"They continue to grow..."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Stamford, CT

I worked at Indeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic product at a fast growing tech company. Fun, young culture. Despite the insane employee churn, Indeed continues to grow at an impressive rate. If you are fresh out of college, this is a great learning opportunity and a chance to make decent money for the short term. Senior management is mostly made up of some smart, talented individuals.

Cons

Indeed helps people get jobs, but they don't take care of their customers. It's truly a boiler-room sales culture. Sales people bang the phones, and are encouraged to be dishonest with their clients in order to squeeze more money out of them. With no lead generation in place (READ: no lead gen function in place) and silly daily activity metrics, reps are expected to spend an exorbitant amount of time outside the office prospecting. This also leads to a lot of heavy competition/stealing of leads from colleagues. Promotion/advancement is a result of favortism; this place is a boy's club. Management is not there based on qualification, but really entering the company at the right time. As growth slows, these windows of opportunity will close, and it will become even harder to retain talented employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 English Reviews