InVision Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 171 reviews

3.9
InVision CEO Clark Valberg
Clark Valberg

"Great company, amazing culture!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great culture - the International team is amazing -Exciting time in the company; great foundation and lots of potential for growth -Remote work -Autonomy -Perks and benefits -Fast paced and nimble --> ability to influence change

Cons

-Remote life not for everyone. Need self discipline and ability to balance (eg remember to get outside the house!) -Otherwise, anything that's a con can be fixed and with time our leadership is open to fixing it

Advice to Management

Keep working towards an ambitious growth plan and continue to invest in the development of our people!

InVision2019-10-03

"Wouldn't want to be anywhere else!"

Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

I absolutely love working for InVision, great company with a great leadership team. Pros - Great health benefits - Cafe card for coffee/snacks - Work from anywhere!!! - Career growth/development opportunities

Cons

Remote work environment isn't for everyone !

InVision2019-10-02

"Perhaps the mighty will fall"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your colleagues will make this great. I can't describe the amount of great relationships I built at this company, and the tech stack is fun -- albeit implemented poorly. Great transparency-- Clark has a positive aura around him, and you can see why InVision has become the company it has under his direction. You won't necessarily feel "jailed" to work on the same thing you always do-- the openness and acceptance of... work across the platform is relieving from a typical corporate atmosphere. Some of the benefits are great-- InVision uses Bonusly and Pex, and it creates a great way to recognize fellow colleagues.

Cons

The product has essentially stalled over the past 3 years. Poor technical leadership and recent partnership with Atlassian hasn't helped reboot the company to be the leader it once was. Numerous products continue to cause growth to slow substantially, as well as a (seemingly) high attrition rate. Product and design are constantly at odds, while some people are extremely overworked, some aren't worked at all. I feel... their personnel growth over the past 2 years has caused management issues that they are still struggling to figure out. Culture issues out the wazoo make it constantly feel like they're pouring effort and time on the wrong thing, as they constantly cram "people" issues down our throats instead of tackling the issues with their own products instead. They're fighting an internal war, and are slowly figuring things out, but there are plenty of management that are going to cause friction until they're finally seen for who they are. They do shake things up a bit, and aren't afraid to move managers, or fire entire teams that aren't doing well, but that's probably more an issue with senior management falling down onto teams. Don't refer people to this company, it's a waste of time. Their internal recruiters play a terrible game and are incredibly rude, even when you're an employee. I've referred half a dozen people with more years of experience than half the people I worked with, and many of them weren't even given a phone screen. Contacting the recruiter/hiring manager never gave any insight outside of fake responses.

Advice to Management

All of the pros of this company are great, InVision continues to pride itself as a great startup.. but heads up, this isn't a baby startup. This company is huge, and InVision falls over and over into the traps of big companies, excusing the falls as "startup pains". That's gotta go, your competitors are relentless and aren't playing around. Going from 50 -> 200+ engineers seems like less is produced now than... before you were big. I'd highly recommend taking more time reviewing upper management as to why this is happening, because I personally know your engineers love to work (and those directors really should be held accountable for their actions). Unfortunately, the cons made my personal experience horrific, and while I had some great pros, the cons were too much to keep pushing. Instead of appealing to your lowest common denominator, and promote/recognizing employees for doing things terribly, you really need to focus on finding outliers, and the top talent this company has that can be tapped (and properly compensated).. otherwise they become another fish in the sea until they give up and head for fresh water.

InVision2019-09-17

"Remote is the future - but it is not for everyone"

Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote-fully. This creates a great culture of trust, freedom and accountability. We value human connexions much more and whenever we have a chance to meet our colleagues and clients, we make the most out of it. It requires for the company to be a lot more efficient and communication to be a key part of everyday - you can't see what is happening, so you have to ask and respond. Really enjoy this condition and... probably wouldn't be able to go back to an office job.

Cons

It requires a lot more from you - the day doesn't end when you leave the office, the office is your house. So often times you'll work long hours and the work/life balance can be a bit blurred. Also with the company being primarily based in the US, us in EMEA sometimes have to adapt to plans and processes that were not entirely designed to fit our market and needs.

InVision2019-09-11

"Great Company to Unleash Your Creativity"

Current Employee - Program Specialist

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely collaborative and team-focused environment. Positive culture, that nurtures creativity and self improvement throughout all departments. Flexible work schedule and unlimited PTO provide great life/work balance. Management (even at the highest levels) ensures your voice is heard and provide plenty of opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the company.

Cons

None so far. I had anticipated that working remotely may be a challenge but the infrastructure of the company is set up in such a way where it was a very easy transition from a traditional office culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

InVision2019-09-04

"Sad to read these recent reviews"

Former Employee - Business Operations

I worked at InVision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People love our blog posts and events with free drinks and apps. There's a free coffee credit card. Some dude in a company in Idaho told me he uses our product still

Cons

Well pretty much all of the negative reviews on Glassdoor are accurate. There's nothing I can say that will top those. Really it all makes me sad. What an example of hubris that will be studied for ages You know those movies and TV series about quintessential screwed up startups? I feel like they'll make one about a company similar to InVision. Took way too much investment, made engineers (the people who actually... make the thing you want to buy) third caste, hired based on background (university and former company) that even the CEO can't live up to personally, slighted the original employees, threw money at marketing as if that will make up for the problems, and talked about snacks - snacks! - for 20 minutes of every company meeting

Advice to Management

Know how smart VCs transition the founder/CEO to chief product officer? Do that and get someone with experience in there

InVision2019-08-23

"Run from the people and talent acquisition team"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition

I worked at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

InVision is a great product, the sales and marketing people are talented and easy to work with, you can see they are passionate about what they do. Remote working is a great perk. Nice perks like Bonus.ly (giving bonuses to colleagues) and really great SWAG and good brand name in the Design space.

Cons

When I joined the talent team it was really great- collaborative, with a good goal and strong team working and good managers in place. However, once we had new leaders join the team everything went downhill and it became a highly toxic environment. Imagine how bad it was that you could even feel this toxicity in an ENTIRELY remote company... Collaboration was not encouraged, certain members of the team were... not given opportunity to progress or expand their roles - instead being asked to work like robots and constantly micromanaged. It became an environment of distrust, and of backstabbing and two-faced answers from leadership. A 'new leader integration' workshop had been organised and clearly this individual did not want to hear any constructive feedback. Ultimately, in this team it became that you could only have your job if you said " Yes Sir" to everything regardless of boundaries or if you disagreed. Lots of overworked colleagues (expected to work weekends) who were punished for even taking a week off to recharge. Terrible management and very sad to see an HR and Talent team be so terrible. Complete lack of transparency and lack of accountability & respect of people on the team. Right before Christmas a bunch of people were let go and the excuse was that it would "give them more time to find new jobs' but it was probably so that their shares would not vest and also due to lack of respect for employees. I feel sorry for those who are still stuck in the team due to financial obligations.

Advice to Management

Hire actual leaders into the HR and People team. Not authoritarian people who are only looking out for themselves.

InVision2019-08-16

"Don't fall for the hype"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Typical remote tech pluses: Flexible schedule, work from anywhere with WiFi, unlimited vacation, etc. Plus a well-known name that looks great (for now) on a resume. If you can put aside the stress and chaos, there's a good amount of work-life balance.

Cons

Leadership is just unbelievably bad. There is no strategy coming down from the top. The marketing department has so many different activities going at any given time that all of it comes out a little half baked. From a work standpoint, goals aren't clear, campaign performance isn't clear, what success looks like isn't clear. From a career standpoint, there is no career path, no clear idea of how to get promoted (or... sometimes even noticed by upper management). Middle managers aren't given the training they need to actually be managers and support teams, which results in turnover and demoralized employees.

Advice to Management

Develop strategy at the top and work with the channel owners to flesh it out and implement it down. Stop promoting and hiring high-performing ICs as leaders and instead hire leaders to lead.

InVision2019-08-12

"Not for everyone"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fully remote, easy to interview for next job, people are generally nice

Cons

Awkward "pledge of allegiance" at IRL, compensation is low, remote work requires heavy documentation, might be too large of a company for fully remote, animosity between sales and product because of under-delivering, required to create too many videos (waste of time) rather than effective real time communications

InVision2019-07-19

"Amazing culture, great opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Operations

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love working here. Lots to learn. Great impactful opportunities. Leaders are attentive and care

Cons

You need to be comfortable working remotely (home/coffee shop/wework) as we don't have office space

InVision2019-07-01