InVision App Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.5
InVision App CEO Clark Valberg
Clark Valberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very flexible- we all work from home (in 19 reviews)

• Remote work is a huge plus - although not for everyone (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home isn't for everyone (in 10 reviews)

• Working remotely can make you feel isolated (in 15 reviews)

"Dream job"

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at InVision is a privilege. The people are talented, intelligent, fun to work with and know how to get things done. No project is too big or ambitious. Resources are supplied to get great ideas off of the ground. The flexibility of working remotely is a huge bonus. Opportunities for growth are given to those that show ambition and deliver results. I can't recommend working here enough.

Cons

Onboarding could be standardized and use some improvement. The company is constantly growing (which is positive), but it inevitably leads to constantly evolving processes/structure which can be difficult to keep up with at times.

Advice to Management

Keep putting belief in employees that deliver results. Keep pursuing the challenging ideas that no one else will.

"Definitely a "Best Place to Work""

Current Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where to begin? When I started, I wondered if InVision could live up to the hype because everything just sounded too good to be true. Having been here now for a few months I can say with confidence that expectations have been exceeded! The people within the company are super smart, collaborative, and humble. Management shows an active and genuine interest in growing each individual to their fullest potential. I am trusted to do my job but my direct manager consistently is there to support me and help if I need it. Since I started about four months ago, I have already met my team in person and been involved with committees and projects outside the scope of my day to day role.

InVision is also very generous by investing in things that aren't necessary, but make a huge impact. In addition to the investment the company makes to an internal appreciation program where employees can dole out micro-bonuses to each other, they are also matching donations in our annual charitable giving program. Also, the entire company from around the world is getting together in a few months to meet in person.

It's also exciting to be a part of the growth! Not to mention an awesome product that is creating a huge buzz in the design world. It's easy for a company to drop the ball in some respect while in hyper-growth mode but it's really impressive that InVision puts such active and consistent efforts into the product, clients, and employees at once.

Cons

As expected with the remote nature of the company, clear and open communication can be challenging. It can be frustrating when information or changes that affect my day-to-day job gets communicated to some people involved but not to all. The latest Employee Engagement survey was overwhelmingly positive but this was one aspect that was addressed and the company is actively working to fix.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! In my experience, upper management has been very transparent and inclusive of all departments in the all-hands conversations. Continue to allow employees to be challenged and grow within their roles in the company. Make sure to maintain the integrity of the awesome culture that's been created as the company continues to grow at such a rapid pace.

"I feel truly blessed!"

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with InVision for over 6 months now. Each day reinforces my appreciation and admiration for my peers and this company I am so proud to work for. In my entire career, I have not experiences working with so many people who "show up" every day, who lead by example, and are truly dedicated to a common goal. While we are experiencing rapid growth and are not exempt from the growing pains that come with this, the manner in which issues are resolved is professional and efficient.

My top list of amazing things that I appreciate:
    1. The dedication that is so evident from every single person of this rapidly growing company.
    2. The effective, professional and kind style of communication that the teams maintain, even in our remote work environment.
    3. Amazing leadership team that is truly invested in their teams.

Cons

One area that I consider a con is cross functional socialization which likely has more to do with the remote nature of our work environments. However, the company does make efforts to improve this for us with frequent off-sites and introduction apps that have been integrated into Slack.

Advice to Management

I think you guys have hit a home run around culture. Keep doing what you are doing: keep communicating, keep leading, and keep hiring amazing new team members :)

5. "Amazing company, culture, and product!"

I have been working at InVision App full-time

Pros

Everyone at this company is extremely warm and friendly. The company is fully remote (including executives), which is awesome because you can work from home or from cafes.

Cons

If you're someone who needs to be motivated by face time with your coworkers, this might not be the best fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep making the magic happen!

6. "GREAT for where we’re at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Currently buzzing with the anticipation of new releases and opportunities, InvisionApp gives employees a sense of excitement to be a part. This is especially important, since remote work can be seen as isolating in some ways. The flexibility offered by a remote position is nice for many, but rest assured, teams still collaborate and kick butt like nobody’s business.

Cons

Given the adolcent state we are in, some things get done in the blink of an eye, and some things need to be reworked and recommunicated several times. Although not always time efficient, working out kinks within the organization and practices (for the better) seems appropriate, and worth it.

Advice to Management

The management I have personal experience with are interested in the success and happiness of their teams. Given the remote and salaried nature of most of their employees, they should try to be aware of the amount of time they are asking their employees to put into projects. (“After hours”, weekends, etc.) While this is not a issue where people are frequently asked to do these things, Invisioners tend to overwork themselves because that’s how we do.

"Terrible Leadership"

I worked at InVision App full-time

Pros

I cant think of one pro.

Cons

InVision was by far the worst place that I've ever worked. Toxic management, and terrible culture. So thankful to not be employed by this company. They act like they have everything together, but the entire company is falling apart. Don't be fooled by their enchanting "work from home" set up. It's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Find better leaders.

"I will never have work life balance like this in my life again!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started with InVision earlier this year, and when I did, I was sceptical, working from home as an extrovert was hard, onboarding was very stretched to get me started. The accounts were a little scattered, and people that I joined with were trying to find their feet as Europe was a new venture, move forward seven months, and I must say, what a fantastic company to work!

The company has managed to hire some of the best talented, humble and smartest people I have ever worked with. Everyone is innovating new ways to work and develop the business, and the hiring process makes sure that everyone that comes in, is the right fit for them and InVision.

I have the luxury to work at home, in a Starbucks, in the London WeWork, anywhere I feel comfortable, any place I feel comfortable. As a father, I can see my children grow up as I do not have the travel time to an office to battle with because of the work from home culture!

The perks are fantastic too, which include but are not limited to:
    Free Starbucks EVERY DAY
    Free Books from Amazon (convenient)
    Linkedin Learning (excellent for learning new skills)
    Shares in the company (I feel like I own a bit of it too)
    Unlimited holidays (yes that is correct)
    Gym Membership

The product is fantastic, I would in a customer facing role, and I have never sold a product where EVERYONE likes it.

I would highly recommend the company as it is going places.

Cons

As we grow out EMEA, there are natural growing pains, but nothing a startup in a new space doesn't go through.

My advice if you are thinking of working for InVision is, if you are someone who can't work from home, or have a hard time dealing without human interaction, InVision is not for you. Although the company never forces you, you will find yourself working long hours, but this is because you will find yourself exploring new avenues and projects as there are opportunities to progress and be involved with the companies growth is everywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep going! As the company is in a hyper-growth stage, clarify vision and why we do what we do (Simon Sinek methodology) and define what the culture of the business is through set values. Keep hiring great people and make sure that the work from home culture stays forever!

"Toxic leadership organization-wide"

I worked at InVision App full-time

Pros

Some of the team members are awesome to work with. In some roles, you'll have the opportunity to learn a decent amount. And the company's clout looks good on a resume. The fanboys are rabid.

Cons

Leadership is horrible across the board, and it trickles down into everything. No clear roadmap, dictatorial style from the top down (the CEO just does what he wants and forces everyone to do what he wants, no room for disagreement, ever, even if it means ruining people's lives by making them work insane hours, weekends, and overtime for no reason other than a random whim), and any disagreement is seen as being negative.

Salaries are all over the place. No consistency or adherence to market rate.

Total bro culture. If you're not 'in' with the cool kids, you're screwed. They hire their (unqualified) friends behind the scenes without anyone else a chance. Being 'in' means being a puppet who doesn't ever make waves or is ambitious.

Zero professional growth. If you have your own thoughtful ideas about how to do thing, unless leadership agrees, which they probably won't, forget it. Want to move up? Get good reviews, work hard, do good work... and be rewarded with sub-market rate pay and no career path or opps to advance, but you'll get lots and lots of promises about possibilities that never materialize.

For InVision, all that matters is the bottom line. They present themselves as being collaborative, friendly, family-like -- it's a facade. At the end of the day, top level leadership just barks orders and you either do it or you're ostracized.

Like other reviews say, pay attention to the negative reviews here. You'll see a trend about leadership. They padded this account with positive reviews by requesting reviews from newer-ish employees, but if you have ambitions to grow and want to be respected, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Grow up.

"Amazing Company & Amazing CEO"

Pros

Working at InVIsion was by far the most important step I could have ever taken in my career. The company grew from this little startup to one of the most recognizable brands in the startup world, and especially the design community. Saying that users love the product and the company would be an understatement.

The company moves at an incredibly fast rate, projects can go from a conversation to reality in just a few days or less. This is normally a pretty difficult feat at most companies, but InVision, under the direction of the CEO, has really brought together a group of world class individuals.

From engineering to design, sales, and marketing, everyone is incredibly driven to get the job done. The company and it’s crazy awesome product is what really attracts you to work there, but it’s the people that make all the difference. I can really say I’ve made lifelong friends over the course of my time at InVision, and thats not a culture I’ve experienced at other companies I’ve worked at.

The CEO is a true visionary, a kind, heartfelt guy who will straight up called me during the middle of a work day, even with his busy schedule, if there was something I wanted to talk about strategically, or just get off my chest.

He has really created a strong culture that makes your co-workers feel like family, with strong support to always do your best work coming from all sides. InVision is really a place where anyone, from top to bottom, has their opinion heard and can be a big part in taking the company to the next level.

Cons

None, loved every second of it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"The sausage making is ugly"

I worked at InVision App full-time

Pros

The company has a remarkable brand and loads of potential, but it is a mess inside. It is an open-ended question whether it can deliver solid product and achieve the market dominance the company aspires to. Many feel that the answer is no.

Cons

Leadership is terrible. They sew chaos with constant, ill-considered shifts in strategy and roadmap. There is constant churn and frustration. Lack of transparency and communication is the norm. Very little has shipped in last 2 years. There are a few critical reviews here, PAY ATTENTION to them.

Troubling lack of diversity on product team.

Advice to Management

Grow up, embrace honesty.