InVision App Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.6
InVision App CEO Clark Valberg
Clark Valberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very flexible- we all work from home (in 21 reviews)

• All remote work - Yes, you can really work from an airbnb from a different country every month (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Not everyone loves the work from home environment and you do need to make an effort to be visible to those you don't interact with daily (in 11 reviews)

• Working remotely can make you feel isolated (in 17 reviews)

"Hands down, best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Design
    Current Employee - Design

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company vision
    - Some of the best people I've met
    - Distributed team: it's great to work with such a high bar of diverse talent and interact daily with team members from around world
    - Great perks and benefits

Cons

- Remote work isn't for everyone, communication at times can be tricky.. But some of these challenges have made me develop skills that I would not have picked up anywhere else!

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring your teams do great work. You've created a strong culture and are building something amazing!

2. "Remote working FTW!"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly motivated intelligent folks to work with.
    Also enjoy the benefits (and meeting the challenges) of all remote work.
    Growing fast but are scaling well (so far)

Cons

Takes dedication and buy-in to work remotely as a team.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency in company meetings!

"Dream job"

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at InVision is a privilege. The people are talented, intelligent, fun to work with and know how to get things done. No project is too big or ambitious. Resources are supplied to get great ideas off of the ground. The flexibility of working remotely is a huge bonus. Opportunities for growth are given to those that show ambition and deliver results. I can't recommend working here enough.

Cons

Onboarding could be standardized and use some improvement. The company is constantly growing (which is positive), but it inevitably leads to constantly evolving processes/structure which can be difficult to keep up with at times.

Advice to Management

Keep putting belief in employees that deliver results. Keep pursuing the challenging ideas that no one else will.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at InVision App (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging, exciting work on an industry-defining product. Very good engineering tools and deployment processes. Working remote is the best perk. Strong work/life balance; management is understanding of day-to-day family time and family leave.

Cons

Little communication between teams -- but you can make an effort as an individual and it's welcomed. Roadmaps are sometimes unclear because we're in such a high growth phase.

Advice to Management

Clark and David are awesome, as is the engineering management. Keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Lots of potential!"

I have been working at InVision App full-time

Pros

Amazingly talented people and great work/life balance

Cons

Culture is taking a backseat to needs of rapid growth

"Don't get on the wrong side with upper management"

Current Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible working hours
    Individual people (specifically engineers) are great to work with

Cons

Upper management can't be trusted.
    Inexperience leadership team.

Advice to Management

I was highly encouraged to give a good Glassdoor review but I can't hide the weird things happening at InVision, especially with upper management.
    I work in engineering and love working with my peers. However I'm not a fan of engineering upper management and there is severe trust issues.
    Engineering leadership's lack of experience is apparent - just look at their Linkedin profile. It's created an environment where people have to say the right things or fear getting "gently" exited from the company.
    InVision can be an amazing company but you need trust to build a great company.

""Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, InVision has been a fantastic place to work for the last four months. Does it feel like eight months? Yes. However, I have never felt more supported in my life. The first couple of days/months are always stressful but having leadership around you that genuinely tries to set you up for success is an incredible feeling and does not happen everywhere.

InVision has an excellent benefits package- including a “flexible” PTO policy, 1/2-day Fridays year-round (if you managed your time efficiently), monthly gym reimbursement, continuing education support, phone reimbursement, 401K (No match at this time) and super competitive health care plans. Plus, InVision has a 100% distributed workforce, and they try to give us every resource possible to make sure we can properly work from "anywhere”- Yup, anywhere. Everyone receives a $500 stipend to help create your home office, and a $100 InVision Café Card that gets filled up monthly. These all work great for me, as I am traveling around in my RV. “No Internet access? …Better stop by S-Bucks, and get some work done..” ..It's almost too easy.

Diversity seems to be a focus of InVision and is quite prominent already. This diverse talent brings fresh ideas, perspectives and views to our culture, and products. Plus, different approaches are the recipe for creating better products, and experiences for our customers. You're encouraged to be as authentic as possible, measured by the work you put in, which in turn, pushes you to be the best version of yourself and introduces new challenges..

I’m a firm believer that working remotely is not for everyone. You need to be diligent, hardworking, proactive with a strong sense of time management. There is an initial adjustment period and learning to balance home life and work life all in the same environment can be challenging. Our CEO, Clark wants employees to work wherever they want, and he believes giving people that freedom can increase employee happiness and foster communication that’s better than that of many co-located companies. This also enables us to tap into talent from all across the globe, rather than being limited by geographic locations- we can bring on the best and the brightest regardless of where you live!

As you can see, our CEO, Clark is a true visionary, a kind, authentic person. I have heard rumors that some people don’t think he’s real… ha, He is. :) I had a great chat with him, and he was super down to earth, and was genuinely interested in what made me join InVision, and what makes us better than the competition... That doesn’t happen everywhere you go either.

Cons

If you want to call it a Con- InVision is a startup. Or rather, an “established startup”, but a startup nonetheless. Not everything is polished, and sometimes even has a “Wild Wild West” feel to it.. but for me, I love the ambiguity! It's a fantastic opportunity to prove yourself and grow with the company… And we are growing immensely! The determination and enthusiasm from everyone are reflective of the culture they have established. It doesn’t matter what team, or department you are on, everyone has the same passion and eagerness to get keep the company moving forward in the right direction and staying competitive.

Advice to Management

I am sincerely happy to have the opportunity to work with InVision and can’t wait to see what is next on the horizon! More to come!

"A rocketship with a great culture"

I have been working at InVision App full-time

Pros

- Leadership team is incredible - visionary and operationally tuned in.
    - Product-market fit - solving a real problem.
    - Customers love the company for the product & the company's focus designers and design practices.
    - The distributed nature makes it easier to scale & grow the company

Cons

- it's a fast growth environment - company has doubled 2 years in a row.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Never forget the focus on the "hero" in your story - the designer and design team.

"First impressions - 2months in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’m relatively new to InVision and my opinions are based on this initial experience. So far…
    This is the most talented group of people I’ve ever worked with. Thoughtful, smart, and there is a culture of humility and empathy that fits really well with who I am and my work style. Not only is an a-hole culture frowned upon, it’s systemically removed.
    I’ve been with three companies as they went public, but the growth trajectory here is unlike anything I’ve ever been a part of. The excitement and energy is palpable. It really pushes you to be the best version of yourself and introduces new challenges constantly.
    The CEO is just what you want - inspiring, humble, frugal, laser focused on a vision, and willing to roll up his sleeves and help on the minutia when needed.
    Good diversity mix and a real effort to keep improving it. Part of the value of the InVision platform is that it helps bring diverse ideas into the design process. And diverse ideas are the recipe for better digital products. So the focus on diversity in hiring reflects this value.
    All remote work - Yes, you can really work from an airbnb from a different country every month. Or you can move away from the crazy Bay Area and have a work/life balance. It’s not just lip service. No one on my team that reports to me lives in the same state (or is even in the same region of the US), and it works incredibly well. I have a family and it’s a total game changer.

Cons

Remote work is amazing for the right person. But if you have trouble self motivating, this would be a difficult place to work.
    Even at over 500 people, the company is in startup fast-growth mode, so chaos can creep in and your job will constantly evolve as new people are hired. That said, process and stability get better every day.

Advice to Management

I think the biggest challenge is to continue to channel and align the efforts of employees as the business grows. Over-communicate the vision and continue to feed and water this amazing culture of inclusivity.

"Never been more proud to work for a company"

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Communication is a must due to fully remote workforce so everyone makes an extra effort to communicate.
    - We treat our employees great and in the US we have recently upgraded our benefits plans to be more family friendly.
    - I find it is easier for me (not everyone) to stay focused while working from home. My quick breaks of throwing in a load of laundry or running the dishwasher between meetings also helps me in my work/life balance!
    - High & good growth brings lots of room for internal promotions/transfers!

Cons

- Sometimes it is hard (especially in the winter) to feel like you can get outside of your house and see some sunlight. The Cafe Card (coffee card) and gym membership helps though.

Advice to Management

- Make sure that on big, high level concepts it is clear who owns what. With the company growing so fast some things fall into the "I thought that was you" category!