InVision App Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Rating Trends Rating Trends
InVision App CEO Clark Valberg
Clark Valberg

Pros
Cons
  • Working from home isn't for everyone (in 9 reviews)

• Working remotely has its differences from the office dynamics you take for granted (in 11 reviews)

1. "Dream job"

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at InVision is a privilege. The people are talented, intelligent, fun to work with and know how to get things done. No project is too big or ambitious. Resources are supplied to get great ideas off of the ground. The flexibility of working remotely is a huge bonus. Opportunities for growth are given to those that show ambition and deliver results. I can't recommend working here enough.

Cons

Onboarding could be standardized and use some improvement. The company is constantly growing (which is positive), but it inevitably leads to constantly evolving processes/structure which can be difficult to keep up with at times.

Advice to Management

Keep putting belief in employees that deliver results. Keep pursuing the challenging ideas that no one else will.

"SDR"

Pros

You can work from anywhere in the world

Cons

Don't get to meet team members face to face

3. "Hot company, great product. Rare opportunity."

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The company is growing quickly and is in a really hot space. Great product, people, and customers! The love for our brand is unparalleled. The work we produce is top-notch and the potential to be $100 million+ business is on the horizon.
    - Wonderful CEO, very humble and down to earth, yet has high expectations of others. I only wish we saw/heard from him more.
    - Working from home has its pros and cons. It allows for lots of flexibility and it's great for those with children, but makes working and collaborating across teams quite difficult.
    - Opportunities to move into different teams and functions if you're looking for something new.
    - Good health insurance and benefits.

Cons

- Definitely some growing pains, which is expected of a fast-growing company (means we're doing something right!).
    - Few women at the executive level and none on the board. Seems that there is more appreciation/recognition/favoritism for male colleagues (in most cases, subconsciously) and women are pushed out.
    - Working remotely can make you feel isolated. The leadership team seems to be against team-wide retreats and doesn't appear to value face-to-face interactions as much as they should.
    - We appear to hire more from the outside, instead of investing more in the people we have already. I don't see many promotions outside of Product and Engineering unless we just don't know of them, which brings me to...
    - Major communication issues. Very difficult to know what everyone is working on and what the long-term vision is. Lots of duplicating efforts across the org and people spinning their wheels. Information lives all over the place and is difficult to find.

Advice to Management

- More regular communication from CEO/COO and leadership team within the company.
    - Exposure to the board would be great.
    - Would love to see more opportunities for learning & development, such as management training, learning new skill sets, etc. Very little is done in terms of investing in L&D.
    - Invest more in the culture, and even define what we want that to be.
    - Would like a 401k match.

"InVision is an amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the biggest pros working at InVision is that you always get opportunities to make an impact on the organization outside of your daily responsibilities. You need to work hard to get them but should you be willing to they are yours for the taking. You are also surrounded by so many smart amazing people that are always willing to provide assistance. The Company is on a rocket-ship trajectory right now so the entire team is working extra hard and rallying around our goals in order to continue to hit them. Management is always checking in and open to hearing the teams ideas. In fact, the people that are hired are sometimes specifically chosen for the unique ways that they can make an impact. Working remote is also amazing as you are trusted and have freedom to work how and when you want for the most part. Work hard and you will be rewarded.

Cons

It is sometimes easy to get isolated working remotely so you need to be disciplined and make sure that does not happen. You have to learn to "toot your own horn" a little bit but It is worth it. Honestly its not that big of a con.

Advice to Management

Keep being the way you are. The vision for the company is amazing and I love where we are going. The one thing to improve upon is as we continue to grow at such a fast rate is make sure that the exchange of ideas stays the same and we continue to have open communication.

6. "Great Solution for a Niche Market"

I have been working at InVision App full-time

Pros

Smart, creative, fun people to work with.

Work from anywhere that has internet!

Decent salary, especially considering costs saved on commuting!

It's pretty great to read about us in such a positive light in the world.

Cons

Senior management gets involved in the details too late in the process. Show up during review stages or stay away.

Working from home isn't for everyone. Feedback is infrequent, especially when you don't work in the same space.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect and trust the people you hire.

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a relatively recent hire at InVision, but I already love my job and the company. Everyone here is very friendly and supportive, and we have a clear mission to empower the future of product design. The work I do is fulfilling, and working from home allows me to have great work/life balance.

Cons

InVision is fully distributed, which comes with the typical pros and cons of remote work. It can take some effort to get to know colleagues outside of your immediate team.

Advice to Management

Would be great to find a way to get together different teams in person more often.

"One of the best jobs I've ever had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented, friendly coworkers. Supportive employers who respect our personal time (they even have a Director of Employee Happiness whose job is exactly what it sounds like). 100% remote work (no more commute!) Great perks like unlimited free drinks at Starbucks and $50/month toward a gym membership. Also, as a west coast employee who loves to start early and finish early, I love that we're on east coast time. My day begins at 7am and ends at 3pm. Plenty of time to walk the dog and go grocery shopping while everyone else is still at work. I'm also a huge fan of half-day Fridays.

Cons

On-boarding was rough. A lot of information in a lot of different places. This is something that management is aware of and actively working to improve, though. The local dev environment is finicky and fragile, and the legacy code is tough to work with. But again, these are things that are known issues and are being resolved.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of providing a comfortable environment for your employees while also actively working to improve deficiencies.

"Amazing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An amazing product with a great list of industry leaders as customers.
    Amazing team
    Great management
    100% remote. You can work from anywhere on the planet.
    Flexible hours
    Unlimited vacation policy

Cons

Can't really think of any. The only thing I would say is being remote and working from home is not from everyone.

"Challenge Accepted"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging and engaging work
    An amazing team
    Tech management listens and are easy to approach
    They care, sending you gifts on your birthday, flowers when a loved one passes, and even house warming presents!
    Unlimited Starbucks!

Cons

Some people can't handle WFH
    They don't track vacation days and if you don't use them... well you don't ever get vacation days so remember to take some time off!
    The benefits provider isn't super awesome price-wise if you want more robust coverage, but they're really nice and helpful

Advice to Management

It would be nice to hear from Clark a little more often... when I hear him talk I remember the earlier days and just how good of a person he is.

"The best job I've ever heard of, let alone had."

Current Employee - Video Producer in Laguna Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Video Producer in Laguna Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where to start?

The team is made up of the most amazing and talented individuals worldwide and somehow everyone is extremely friendly and easy to work with. At previous jobs, especially creative, talent has come at the price of ego. But not at InVision. People are more willing to help here than anywhere I've been and their work is fantastic. It's also extremely easy to stay excited when your company makes such fantastic products for designers, who are a group of people I come from and care about.

Having a remotely distributed team is brilliant for 2 reasons. The first being that we hire the most talented people around the entire globe. I think it's very optimistic for other companies to assume that folks will all be willing to uproot their lives and relocate just to come work for them. Secondly, we are extremely organized and lines of communication are always clear and deliberate. If a question has ever been answered, it's easy to find the answer. And even easier to find and ask the right person. You're never left in the dark.

Between the extremely competitive salary, working from the comfort of your own home (or anywhere else for that matter), getting unlimited drinks from Starbucks, top notch medical benefits, and a team that makes you feel like your contributions are truly meaningful... I can't imagine working anywhere else and I don't think there's a company on the planet who could afford to lure me away.

Cons

If you don't like your home, working from home could be a con. Also healthcare premiums are a bit high for families.

Advice to Management

Management is absolutely fantastic and my biggest hope is that it stays that way. Continuing to cultivate the "small team" feel will be increasingly important as we grow. I've been part of teams in the past which grow to suffer from "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome and my best advice is to continue hiring talented individuals and keeping feedback loops tight.