InVision App Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

InVision App CEO Clark Valberg
Clark Valberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Working remotely can make you feel isolated (in 15 reviews)

• Working from home isn't for everyone (in 8 reviews)

"Dream job"

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at InVision is a privilege. The people are talented, intelligent, fun to work with and know how to get things done. No project is too big or ambitious. Resources are supplied to get great ideas off of the ground. The flexibility of working remotely is a huge bonus. Opportunities for growth are given to those that show ambition and deliver results. I can't recommend working here enough.

Cons

Onboarding could be standardized and use some improvement. The company is constantly growing (which is positive), but it inevitably leads to constantly evolving processes/structure which can be difficult to keep up with at times.

Advice to Management

Keep putting belief in employees that deliver results. Keep pursuing the challenging ideas that no one else will.

"Amazing Company & Amazing CEO"

Pros

Working at InVIsion was by far the most important step I could have ever taken in my career. The company grew from this little startup to one of the most recognizable brands in the startup world, and especially the design community. Saying that users love the product and the company would be an understatement.

The company moves at an incredibly fast rate, projects can go from a conversation to reality in just a few days or less. This is normally a pretty difficult feat at most companies, but InVision, under the direction of the CEO, has really brought together a group of world class individuals.

From engineering to design, sales, and marketing, everyone is incredibly driven to get the job done. The company and it’s crazy awesome product is what really attracts you to work there, but it’s the people that make all the difference. I can really say I’ve made lifelong friends over the course of my time at InVision, and thats not a culture I’ve experienced at other companies I’ve worked at.

The CEO is a true visionary, a kind, heartfelt guy who will straight up called me during the middle of a work day, even with his busy schedule, if there was something I wanted to talk about strategically, or just get off my chest.

He has really created a strong culture that makes your co-workers feel like family, with strong support to always do your best work coming from all sides. InVision is really a place where anyone, from top to bottom, has their opinion heard and can be a big part in taking the company to the next level.

Cons

None, loved every second of it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Best job with the best company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Great teamwork and support
    Remote work so you can actually work from anywhere
    Trust in you and your work ethic - no micromanaging!
    Great coworkers and great culture

Cons

Wish we could get together more often since we are remote - but when we do get together it's the best!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and the company wide meetings! It's great that we are in the know!

"Great company- can't think of anywhere I'd rather work"

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brilliant teammates and management
    Exciting product
    Rapid growth creates great career opportunities
    Very challenging
    Very flexible- we all work from home
    Flexible vacation policy

Cons

Communication and team management can be a little tricky in a remote environment.

"High performance team tackling ambitious vision"

I have been working at InVision App full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Impressive team of top notch people across all areas of the business, with a seasoned leadership team steering the ship.

Tackling an ambitious vision to transform the way companies produce digital products and run their design departments.

Amazingly positive workplace culture. Everyone is incredibly friendly, helpful and ready to pitch in. (True story: when one employee’s house burned town, the team raised tens of thousands of dollars in a matter of hours to help the employee’s family).

Remote workplace brings unparalleled flexibility. Tools like Slack and Zoom make it easy to adapt to remote-work and connect with colleagues. Until I worked for InVision, I never realized how great it is to have NO commute.

Cons

Rapid growth breeds some growing pains that are common in many startups. Communication could be better across departments, new employee on-boarding can be challenging, and information and projects are distributed across many tools. Luckily, internal initiatives are being discussed to address these areas already.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting the mission & vision. Keep the team laser focused on the goals at hand and remove distractions wherever possible. Keep highlighting and praising the culture of iteration and improvement that has made this such a special place to work.

"Favorite job of my life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a ton of perks, that's for sure, but that's really not why I like working here. I love the fact that people are encouraged to explore and improve constantly, people are treated fairly, leadership cares about you as a person, and yes, the working from home aspect really does put the final nail in the coffin. I've been able to shift and grow here in a way that you don't find at many other jobs. It's fantastic.

Cons

Although we're outgrowing the "startup" size and definition, we still operate like a startup in a lot of ways. This can really not jive with people who want to just make a decision and stick with it. If you can't go with the flow and aren't willing to be flexible, this is probably not the environment for you. (i.e. you've been working at a thousands-strong company and love the way that operates) Also, you might not like working from home if you need more face to face interaction during the day, but I'm also surprised by the depth of the relationships I've formed with people I've never met in real life—just talking over Slack and video chat.

Advice to Management

Speak more to the "why" behind what we're doing. Give the team something real to rally around, even if that "why" changes every 6 months.

"So Glad To Be Here"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a self-starting, self-directed worker, the all-remote, work-anywhere structure is a dream come true. Work where you are. It's refreshing to be at a company that is really trying to experiment with the future of the workplace in a meaningful and systematic way.

The product is incredible, and aggressive/visionary product development is ongoing. No resting on laurels here!

Employees are welcoming, friendly, and apolitical. Everyone is trying to get things done.

Cons

If you struggle with being remote, it probably won't be your cup of tea. As a rapidly growing software startup, all of the normal stresses and strains are present. Things move fast, and you work hard. Systems are being built in earnest across the company. Nothing atypical for a rocket-ship startup, but, again, not everyone's jam.

Advice to Management

Keep up the devotion to the product and customer experience. Keep up the devotion to doing right by employees. Everything else will follow.

"InVision is truly an amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Product Evangelist in Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Enterprise Product Evangelist in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is full of the most talented, humble and hard working people that I have ever had the privilege to be around. No matter how much we grow in size, InVision still feels very much like the company I started working for almost 3 years ago (when it was a fraction of the size). It's a contagious place to work at. You're always inspired by the work others do and are consistently pushed (positively) to do your best work. Everyone at InVision works hard but they play hard too. People care about one another and the company does too. The best thing... is it's only getting better!

Cons

I honestly don't know of any down-sides here. If you're able to work in a remote company, be a self-starter, adapt to change (in a growing start-up), you'll do great! If you struggle with working in an environment that's consistently growing and need to be in an office setting to feel 'connected', you may find it tough at first.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The recent changes in visibility across teams have been great!

"A great place to work and do big things"

Current Employee - Vice President of Design Education in Athens, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President of Design Education in Athens, GA (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than a year)

Pros

InVision's influence in the software industry is strong. There are many opportunities here to make your mark.

Remote work is humane. Like and work where you're most happy and contribute to a team of smart, motivated people working on a common mission.

Cons

Once you've gone remote you can't go back!

"Who knew a job could be so FUN!?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at InVision App full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where do I start?!? If you're one who is fueled by a challenge and loves to build a company rather than simply optimize one, want to be more than a cog in wheel, work on a disruptive, impactful product beloved by a cult-like community, have your ideas heard and actualized ...then what are you waiting for?!?! APPLY. NOW. You'll hear a lot in our reviews about how remote life is the best life. And it is. The freedom and trust I have to do my job while being a present parent and literally work from wherever I want is pretty unbelievable and a real game changer. But its not the best thing about INV. For me, its the rocket ship ride we are on and the impact we are making on the careers of the community we serve. I'm pushed. I'm fulfilled. I'm empowered. I'm engaged. I'm surrounded by incredibly smart, passionate, all around good people who I learn from every day. Most of all - I'm having loads of FUN.

Cons

Yo - its a START UP. And a hyper-growth one at that. So that comes with some kinks that we are massaging out as we grow and evolve. Things like benefits packages - be sure to sit down with someone who knows this stuff before you make a selection (especially if you have a family). Be ready to be resourceful and seek out the information you need -this is not going to be spoon fed to you. Working remote can put you in a silo - if you let it. But you have to take accountability for getting what you need. This is not a place for the faint of heart who are more comfortable with things staying the same and a "that's not how we do things" attitude rather than taking risks and pushing and evolving at warp speed. This is a place for change agents. Builders. Innovators. People who are ok with a little ambiguity and are excited about having a hand at bringing clarity and direction.

Advice to Management

• Simplify open enrollment or provide resources to help employees make better educated/informed decisions.
    • Continue your commitment to creating face-to-face meetings. This doesn't haven't to go against the grain of being a remote company - it can really only make it stronger.
    • Continue to build trust and provide more transparency into the business – provide context into prioritization of projects, people movement, failures and wins.
    • Continue to be responsive and agile to employee needs. I’ve really appreciated and been impressed with how quickly we’ve moved on making key hires and process improvements when the business case was delivered.