InFlight Kitchener Reviews

1. COVID-19

"Fun and caring company"

Former Intern - Developer in Waterloo, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture - Actually cares about their employees (even interns) from the CEO all the way down to the developers During my time at Inflight I was taken care of very well. Whenever there was something wrong whether it be a mouse not working well or wanting new monitor stands an Amazon order was sent out right away. I was working here when the state of emergency was announced for Canada and the company's immediate response was to make sure that employees were safe and sound. Inflight made sure that all employees were able to work safely from home. Before COVID hit the office would eat lunch with each other daily including a weekly catered lunch. Everyone I met in the office was very welcoming to me and easy/fun to chat with at work.

Cons

- Lack of diverse work

2. COVID-19

"A company that cares about you"

Former Intern - Software Developer in Kitchener, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

- Everyone is super friendly and willing to go out of their way to help you adjust to the workplace and new projects. - Upper management will go out of their way to get to know you, even as an intern. - Libraries are often being updated and improved to stay up to date with the newest and most efficient technologies. - Great work-from-home infrastructure, which has made it an easy transition during the covid quarantine right now. - Unique cozy office in an old but well kept house. - Company lunch on Thursdays, and team events throughout the year.

Cons

- Before the quarantine, having half the company work from home made it slightly harder to reach people at times. - Work can get slightly mundane/repetitive.

Continue reading

3. "Very good experience"

Current Intern - UI Developer in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

- very helpful and friendly work environment - useful experience on the front-end development - a lot of skills and tech abilities can be added to the resume

Cons

- should have open more options for team lunch selections

4. "Great learning experience"

Former Intern - Software Developer Co-Op in Kitchener, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

As a co-op I learnt a lot! The people are great and supportive and truly love what they're doing which fosters a very positive environment.

Cons

Office is a little cramped...but cosy!

October 9, 2019Managing Director

Thanks for the kind words. The office space is cozy for sure as it's a 100-year old home that has been modernized for office use (a nod to our own software platform which modernizes aging web systems).

"Work here if you got burned by a large company"

Current Employee - Product Designer in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at InFlight part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a really great place to work with a no-BS attitude. If you're on the engineering side then there's some really great things we've built and it's only possible because of our strong senior engineering leadership. I used to work as a co-op but continued with InFlight after a really great term. The team has been extremely supportive of my career goals and I've had a chance to work on meaningful projects. I'm very happy that we all work hard to win as it's important for me to stay motivated. It's great to come in each day with a clear goal in mind. I've worked for a much larger company before and I can definitely say that InFlight is unmatched with how much people care about you. Policy-wise, we are above-average for tech in Waterloo. You will be delighted, but not necessarily spoiled. There's a good balance between keeping everyone happy and setting realistic expectations for a smaller and leaner company. You'll love the down-to-earth attitude and the work-life balance here. It's very sensible and practical.

Cons

I can't really think of any problems. But if I had to *really* criticize, we have a great design-oriented stack but it's not always given its full potential.

Continue reading

"Great Company to Grow Professionally At"

Former Intern - Project Coordinator Co-op in Waterloo, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

- Everyone is very friendly and welcoming at InFlight. Everyone made a clear effort to get to know new people to the team and help them navigate through on-boarding. - The team is very knowledgable and willing to share that knowledge - always down to answer any questions you may have! - Overall, great company culture.

Cons

- Receiving work as an intern is sometimes slow.

October 9, 2019Managing Director

Thanks for the feedback- the Project Coordinator role was new at InFlight, it took us a term or two to dial it in . We have taken steps to improve the assignment of work and even assign work items/projects that span the entire term.

"Outstanding Place to Work"

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

-Great tech. Not one of those companies that stubbornly sticks to older architecture, but instead one that welcomes newer, smoother technology and tries to integrate it when possible. -Talented team. Filled with people who know what they're doing and welcome questions from other developers, who won't shy away from providing quality feedback on code. Even beyond the Engineering team, each person is polished in their role and as a result the whole company meshes together so smoothly. -Seasoned management. Tasks are delegated well and fail to feel monotonous or repetitive. As a developer the scope and complexity of work given is continuously elevated in accordance with familiarity and proficiency with the stack. Projects are engaging and provide an open-ended challenge to refine design and implementation finesse. As champion of your own work management never fails to give thanks and encouragement. -Culture that other companies aspire to foster. Everyone is open, enthusiastic, and, something other many other companies lack, understanding. There aren't any unreasonable expectations set on work results and, thankfully, the people are humans who can relate to complications that come up in work or outside life and accommodate accordingly. -Cozy office. Never thought I'd have the opportunity to get paid while working in slippers.

Cons

-May end up having to work with other people who work remotely. So there might be hiccups in communication or inconveniences if written messaging isn't a strong suit. Personally never had an issue with this, however.

"Good Internship Experience"

4.0

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

- Great people and such a warm culture at Inflight. Everyone is really approachable, so don't be afraid to have a chat - Very experienced members in the engineering team - Great co-op experience, would recommend to anyone looking to expand their web development skill set

Cons

- Tasks consist of a lot of bug-fixes, more feature work would have made the learning experience more meaningful

October 9, 2019Managing Director

Depending on the phase of our client projects, we may be in a feedback or defect resolution period. The nice thing about this, is that the work the employee/intern/student does provides IMMEDIATE and REAL value to the client. But we can appreciate that all defects, all the time is a drag. We have been working to make sure that people have longer term project work to balance out the defect resolution. Thanks for your honest feedback.

"Great COOP experience"

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

Being exposed to cool technologies Fast paced working environment Chance to learn new things beyond scope Smart, bright, talented co-workers Nice friendly working environment, people always willing to help!

Cons

have not thought of any

"Cool place with amazing people"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Waterloo, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

- Core technology is unique, well-designed, and interesting - It was a constant surprise to see how friendly and open everyone was to help out and work together as a team. - Engineering team was extremely talented, you will be learning and growing. - Great management and project managers that I got to work with understood the product as well as the tasks extremely well. - Cool office. How often do you get to work in an office that actually does feel like a home? - Flexible work hours

Cons

A lot of the team works remotely, so you might not be able to see the people you work with. With that being said, the culture is built such that communication was never a problem.

October 9, 2019Managing Director

We have embraced the virtual workforce in a very real way. For as many people that work in the office, we have people working remotely. Remote workers are not treated as second class citizens, we have setup policies, procedures and chosen tools/software to make day-to-day smooth for everyone. And we are always open to new technologies that make things even better.

Found 15 reviews