InFlight Kitchener Reviews

184 Comments

Tech

36.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=InFlight~1013608
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, Great work environment

Oct 1, 2021 - Engagement Manager in Kitchener, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Good people. Meaningful solutions.

Cons

Nothing to share for this

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Workplace, Providing Autonomy and Flexibility with Challenging Goals

Oct 1, 2021 - Engagement Manager in Waterloo, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

InFlight Integration is a wonderful workplace. They offer autonomy to get the job done and trust their team to deliver. Everyone on the team are truly that - a team - all working together, propping each other up and understanding work/life balance. There's a lot of flexibility, with the focus on meeting end goals. And those end goals are wonderfully satisfying! Management communicates regularly and in a transparent manner, which is a refreshing change in the corporate world. Everyone at InFlight has a voice that's heard and incorporated into the company's goals.

Cons

Remote workforce during pandemic can be challenging, although management at InFlight have gone above and beyond to reduce as many remote hurdles as possible. More so than any other employer that I'm aware of.

3. 5.0
    Former Intern

Impactful co-op with great mentorship and skill development opportunities!

Aug 27, 2021 - DevOps Coop in Waterloo, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can honestly say this Coop term has helped me develop my skills and get ready to enter the workforce. The company culture is great, motivating you to make contributions while also having fun. You are also given many opportunities to learn and build upon your existing knowledge base. It is a great place to help progress your career and develop new skills such as responsibility and innovation working on new and interesting projects.

Cons

Only con that I could think of was lack of networking opportunities outside of your team as a result of the term being remote due to Covid.

4. 5.0

Extremely, Extremely Good Company To Work For

Apr 30, 2021 - Software Developer in Kitchener, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are very friendly. They (including upper management people) really care about you. They always said You come first, InFlight comes second. I worked as an intern and the mentorship is just amazing. We have weekly coffee chats and lunch on Thursday. We also have two days of offsite where we just got together and had fun (no work at all, getting paid and play games). It has been really fun. They have built something really amazing and the work is challenging. A good place to grow professionally and fun place to be!

Cons

Sometimes work can get repetitive.

5. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

A company that truly values and cares about their people

Apr 29, 2021 - UI Developer in Waterloo, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- my team provided me constant support to learn and help whenever I reached out - I felt valued like a full-time team member so I could take on key tasks and projects that challenged me - was always encouraged to share my input and ideas for important decisions AND have them actually considered (not just asking you out of courtesy) - was given the autonomy to work on and initiate projects that I'm interested in despite them being out of scope of my initial role - amazing company culture, everyone is super friendly and approachable (even if you're shy!) so it feels like a big caring family instead of WORK WORK HEADS DOWN WORK

Cons

- sometimes people are too nice when giving feedback, so you're not sure if they're just withholding any criticism? This definitely depends on your personal feedback style, but maybe some would prefer to hear more bluntly what they're doing wrong.

6. 5.0

Awesome internship!

Oct 9, 2020 - Marketing Coordinator in Kitchener, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best internship I’ve ever had! My team was extremely welcoming and supportive. I worked on a lot of interesting projects and I felt like my work made a real impact.

Cons

There were no negatives working here.

7. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great co-op experience with a talented team

Sep 19, 2020 - Software Developer in Kitchener, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at Inflight was very welcoming and was always happy to help out. The work was challenging and provided an opportunity to learn new ways to approach and solve problems. Due to the pandemic, the experience was remote so the company made sure that the incoming coops had all of the equipment and technology needed to work comfortably and efficiently from home.

Cons

The co-op experience was remote so it was not as easy to really get to know all the amazing people at the company.

8. 5.0

great learning experience

Aug 27, 2020 - Software Developer Intern in Kitchener, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the benefits of working for a small company like Inflight is the opportunity to meet many people doing different roles. From chatting at the coffee machine to eating lunch everyday in the dining room people were friendly and cared about each other. When COVID hit, without me having to ask, they bought and shipped me a webcam so I could feel more involved in standups. Senior management really cares about all of their employees and actually announced their work from home policy earlier than the Ontario government and Canada did. The UI team was great in assigning me meaningful and challenging work and were always available if I had questions or to bounce ideas off of even once everyone was remote. Everyday I looked forward to standup and their company. Working in a former house turn office was interesting in that it wasn't open concept and it was nice to have fewer conversations to listen to.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that the basement can be kinda cold in the winter.

9. 5.0

Fun and caring company

May 25, 2020 - Developer in Waterloo, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Actually cares about their employees (even interns) from the CEO all the way down to the developers During my time at Inflight I was taken care of very well. Whenever there was something wrong whether it be a mouse not working well or wanting new monitor stands an Amazon order was sent out right away. I was working here when the state of emergency was announced for Canada and the company's immediate response was to make sure that employees were safe and sound. Inflight made sure that all employees were able to work safely from home. Before COVID hit the office would eat lunch with each other daily including a weekly catered lunch. Everyone I met in the office was very welcoming to me and easy/fun to chat with at work.

Cons

- Lack of diverse work

10. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

A company that cares about you

Apr 30, 2020 - Software Developer in Kitchener, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is super friendly and willing to go out of their way to help you adjust to the workplace and new projects. - Upper management will go out of their way to get to know you, even as an intern. - Libraries are often being updated and improved to stay up to date with the newest and most efficient technologies. - Great work-from-home infrastructure, which has made it an easy transition during the covid quarantine right now. - Unique cozy office in an old but well kept house. - Company lunch on Thursdays, and team events throughout the year.

Cons

- Before the quarantine, having half the company work from home made it slightly harder to reach people at times. - Work can get slightly mundane/repetitive.

1 person found this review helpful