InFlight Kitchener Reviews

1. "Awesome internship!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Intern - Marketing Coordinator in Kitchener, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

The best internship I’ve ever had! My team was extremely welcoming and supportive. I worked on a lot of interesting projects and I felt like my work made a real impact.

Cons

There were no negatives working here.

2. COVID-19

"Great co-op experience with a talented team"

Former Intern - Software Developer in Kitchener, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at Inflight was very welcoming and was always happy to help out. The work was challenging and provided an opportunity to learn new ways to approach and solve problems. Due to the pandemic, the experience was remote so the company made sure that the incoming coops had all of the equipment and technology needed to work comfortably and efficiently from home.

Cons

The co-op experience was remote so it was not as easy to really get to know all the amazing people at the company.

3. COVID-19

"great learning experience"

Former Intern - Software Developer Intern in Kitchener, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

One of the benefits of working for a small company like Inflight is the opportunity to meet many people doing different roles. From chatting at the coffee machine to eating lunch everyday in the dining room people were friendly and cared about each other. When COVID hit, without me having to ask, they bought and shipped me a webcam so I could feel more involved in standups. Senior management really cares about all of their employees and actually announced their work from home policy earlier than the Ontario government and Canada did. The UI team was great in assigning me meaningful and challenging work and were always available if I had questions or to bounce ideas off of even once everyone was remote. Everyday I looked forward to standup and their company. Working in a former house turn office was interesting in that it wasn't open concept and it was nice to have fewer conversations to listen to.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that the basement can be kinda cold in the winter.

4. COVID-19

"Fun and caring company"

Former Intern - Developer in Waterloo, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture - Actually cares about their employees (even interns) from the CEO all the way down to the developers During my time at Inflight I was taken care of very well. Whenever there was something wrong whether it be a mouse not working well or wanting new monitor stands an Amazon order was sent out right away. I was working here when the state of emergency was announced for Canada and the company's immediate response was to make sure that employees were safe and sound. Inflight made sure that all employees were able to work safely from home. Before COVID hit the office would eat lunch with each other daily including a weekly catered lunch. Everyone I met in the office was very welcoming to me and easy/fun to chat with at work.

Cons

- Lack of diverse work

5. COVID-19

"A company that cares about you"

Former Intern - Software Developer in Kitchener, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

- Everyone is super friendly and willing to go out of their way to help you adjust to the workplace and new projects. - Upper management will go out of their way to get to know you, even as an intern. - Libraries are often being updated and improved to stay up to date with the newest and most efficient technologies. - Great work-from-home infrastructure, which has made it an easy transition during the covid quarantine right now. - Unique cozy office in an old but well kept house. - Company lunch on Thursdays, and team events throughout the year.

Cons

- Before the quarantine, having half the company work from home made it slightly harder to reach people at times. - Work can get slightly mundane/repetitive.

Continue reading
  6. "Very good experience"

Current Intern - UI Developer in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

- very helpful and friendly work environment - useful experience on the front-end development - a lot of skills and tech abilities can be added to the resume

Cons

- should have open more options for team lunch selections

7. "Great learning experience"

Former Intern - Software Developer Co-Op in Kitchener, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

As a co-op I learnt a lot! The people are great and supportive and truly love what they're doing which fosters a very positive environment.

Cons

Office is a little cramped...but cosy!

InFlight Response

October 9, 2019Managing Director

Thanks for the kind words. The office space is cozy for sure as it's a 100-year old home that has been modernized for office use (a nod to our own software platform which modernizes aging web systems).

"Work here if you got burned by a large company"

Current Employee - Product Designer in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at InFlight part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a really great place to work with a no-BS attitude. If you're on the engineering side then there's some really great things we've built and it's only possible because of our strong senior engineering leadership. I used to work as a co-op but continued with InFlight after a really great term. The team has been extremely supportive of my career goals and I've had a chance to work on meaningful projects. I'm very happy that we all work hard to win as it's important for me to stay motivated. It's great to come in each day with a clear goal in mind. I've worked for a much larger company before and I can definitely say that InFlight is unmatched with how much people care about you. Policy-wise, we are above-average for tech in Waterloo. You will be delighted, but not necessarily spoiled. There's a good balance between keeping everyone happy and setting realistic expectations for a smaller and leaner company. You'll love the down-to-earth attitude and the work-life balance here. It's very sensible and practical.

Cons

I can't really think of any problems. But if I had to *really* criticize, we have a great design-oriented stack but it's not always given its full potential.

Continue reading

"Great Company to Grow Professionally At"

Former Intern - Project Coordinator Co-op in Waterloo, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

- Everyone is very friendly and welcoming at InFlight. Everyone made a clear effort to get to know new people to the team and help them navigate through on-boarding. - The team is very knowledgable and willing to share that knowledge - always down to answer any questions you may have! - Overall, great company culture.

Cons

- Receiving work as an intern is sometimes slow.

InFlight Response

October 9, 2019Managing Director

Thanks for the feedback- the Project Coordinator role was new at InFlight, it took us a term or two to dial it in . We have taken steps to improve the assignment of work and even assign work items/projects that span the entire term.

"Outstanding Place to Work"

Former Intern - Software Developer in Waterloo, ON

I worked at InFlight for less than a year

Pros

-Great tech. Not one of those companies that stubbornly sticks to older architecture, but instead one that welcomes newer, smoother technology and tries to integrate it when possible. -Talented team. Filled with people who know what they're doing and welcome questions from other developers, who won't shy away from providing quality feedback on code. Even beyond the Engineering team, each person is polished in their role and as a result the whole company meshes together so smoothly. -Seasoned management. Tasks are delegated well and fail to feel monotonous or repetitive. As a developer the scope and complexity of work given is continuously elevated in accordance with familiarity and proficiency with the stack. Projects are engaging and provide an open-ended challenge to refine design and implementation finesse. As champion of your own work management never fails to give thanks and encouragement. -Culture that other companies aspire to foster. Everyone is open, enthusiastic, and, something other many other companies lack, understanding. There aren't any unreasonable expectations set on work results and, thankfully, the people are humans who can relate to complications that come up in work or outside life and accommodate accordingly. -Cozy office. Never thought I'd have the opportunity to get paid while working in slippers.

Cons

-May end up having to work with other people who work remotely. So there might be hiccups in communication or inconveniences if written messaging isn't a strong suit. Personally never had an issue with this, however.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 English Reviews