Cover image for Imperial Capital

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the conversation

Oct 30, 2023
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to lower middle market

Cons

High attrition rate due to below market pay, lack of mentorship, poor upper management, lack of quality deal flow, will do a lot of business admin work, majority of deals are a waste of time,

1. 5.0
        Jun 2, 2022
        Investment Banking Analyst Intern
        Former Intern, less than 1 year
        Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great experience working at this firm. Was hired as an intern after just graduating college and knowing very little about IB. Firm was extremely welcoming and helpful in bringing me up to speed. Whole team is very friendly and very motivated. Big focus on good culture all throughout the firm. As an intern/ analyst you get to work on deals from a variety of industries and get exposure to all types of deals (M&A to RX and everything in between). Beautiful office space right next to the Century City mall. MD's more than willing to sit down for lunch/dinner with juniors and share their knowledge/ advice. Great group of hard working people.

Cons

Probably not as much structure as a bulge bracket.

2. Join the Imperial Capital team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 5.0
          May 12, 2022
          Former Employee
          Business Outlook

Pros

Total comp in line with street. Quality work life balance. A lot of responsibility given to analysts. Good amount of deal exposure in all facets of IB, including DCM, ECM, M&A. Landed a job in private equity due to experience gained at Imperial Capital. Growing firm and improving culture.

Cons

Generally smaller deals (lower middle market). Lack of market leading sector expertise outside of Security.

1. 4.0
            May 4, 2015
            Investment Banking
            Current Employee, less than 1 year
            Business Outlook

Pros

- Good actual deal flow, not just constant pitches - Good generalist program, opportunity to work on both M&A and leveraged finance deals - Collegial atmosphere - people generally aren't trying to work to death

Cons

- HR needs a serious upgrade - Better hiring practices, there needs to be a better structured hiring process that is on time with other investment banks - Understaffed at the jr level and HR's hiring abilities don't help

1. 4.0
              Mar 28, 2009
              Current Employee
              San Francisco, CA
              Business Outlook

Pros

Strong interaction with senior management and clients. High learning curve.

Cons

Working in this industry requires long hours.

1. 3.0
                Feb 20, 2015
                Former Employee, more than 1 year
                Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience and lots of exposure

Cons

Lots of corporate politics and big egos

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews
              </>Embed

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Recruiting Coordinator

Hello! I have two interviews, one tomorrow & another one on Friday. I'm preparing cause I feel that I'm not very good at them & I hate that. So, I'm researching, taking notes & praying a whole lot lol! Is it okay to refer to notes during an interview? Should I ask interviewer if it's okay? I wanna do my best & feel it'll help some ... a little more confidence I guess!

3 Comments

Arizona State University

Can someone provide insights into what to expect during a DevOps internship interview?

0 Comments

Senior Product Manager

What is a normal/common resume length for c2c/consultant roles in tech? What about a fte resume? My contract role resume used to be 5-6pages, this was 4years ago, prior to covid. Not sure if this is still a norm. Meanwhile my fte resume is concise, 2pages long. I have 10years of exp for reference.

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 42 Imperial Capital reviews submitted anonymously by Imperial Capital employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Imperial Capital is right for you.