Imgur Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2020

4.6
Imgur Founder/CEO Alan Schaaf (no image)
Alan Schaaf
  1. "A wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best thing about imgur are all the great people you get to work with. The culture is very positive and dedicated to the mission of uplifting the world's spirits. Everyone is very competent and highly driven, but always positive. The next best thing is the product's positive impact. I want to work somewhere where my effort means something and imgur makes a difference in people's lives every day. Our mission is to make people happy, and sometimes we have the chance to do that in a unique and special way because our community is so great. As an engineer I also get to work with peers I respect using new technology to solve challenging and interesting problems. Our mission is to build great mobile apps and provide a great web experience and we have lots of work to do still.

Cons

I don't think this is a con really, but Imgur is a small company and everyone pretty much knows everyone and what everyone is working on. You can't hide. You have to provide value and be self motivated. I love this, but maybe some people wouldn't.

Continue reading
  2. "Add a title or description"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering

I have been working at Imgur full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The team actively cares about keeping the site's community healthy and always keeps that in mind when making product decisions. - HUGE amount of traffic gives everyone great exposure to working at scale and building products that impact a HUGE audience. - The company does a great job of reflecting the embodying the company values and incorporating them into everyday actions. One of our values is that everything is an iteration and we often see this on the engineering side where we'll frequently give new technology a shot and to actively improve our process. - Great people and culture. Everyone is very mindful of each other as a person and working to make sure that we're all supported and provided opportunities for growth. There is a lot of promotion from within and opportunities to help out with other departments.

Cons

- The company had gone through a growth spurt in the past and some people had to wear many different hats for a period of time. Things have leveled out recently and its great to see people able to focus more on their primary role.

3. "Imgur Review"

I have been working at Imgur full-time for less than a year

Pros

they value their people and their community remarkably and thoughtfully

Cons

no on-site yoga or massage

Imgur Response

October 7, 2015Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for the review and I hear you on the yoga. We are actively weighing options now. Stay tuned!

"Smart people, great company"

Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur for less than a year

Pros

Smart and passionate co-workers A very challenging community to build products for Amazing career growth opportunities given by senior management A very fun, light and positive atmosphere

Cons

Product needs people with good direction. Currently the product is doing great and there is so much more it can do leveraging the different platforms - mobile and desktop, however, it seems that its full potential is not being tapped into.

Imgur Response

October 7, 2015Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and I'm glad you see the awesome career growth opportunities. We understand where you are coming from around product, which is why we have an active search for a VP of Product. We know that getting our product function and strategy correct is huge for our success.

5. "Awesome place to work!"

5.0

I have been working at Imgur full-time

Pros

+ Really great culture + Some of the smartest, most experienced people I've ever met + We're all working together to make the internet a better place + Bi-weekly all hands meetings to encourage communication + Perks (free meals, snacks, and drinks. Weekly events for team/company bonding)

Cons

Can't think of any. Everyone here is really focused on making the website and apps better and HR is focused on making this the best place for employees to work. So...it's pretty awesome.

Continue reading
  6. "Relaxed, communicative, open, friendly, awesome."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Amazingly friendly and relaxed atmosphere -Everyone is open, honest & loves to collaborate -No cliqueyness; everyone gets along -Perfect work/life balance which is so hard to find! We all leave before 7pm. -We do fun stuff every week and eat lunches together most days on the roof deck. -Get $500 a year as a Passion Fund as well as $50 per month for sports -

Cons

-You could probably get paid more elsewhere in the Bay Area (but would end up working much later; it's great pay for the work atmosphere) -Don't get fed meals everyday (but there are lots of snacks in kitchen and lunch is provided Monday & Friday)

Continue reading
  7. "Great Product, fun environment, and a world class team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time for more than a year

Pros

When it comes down to why Imgur is a great place to work it's pretty simple; The product is amazing and helps millions daily, the team is great, and the company genuinely cares the employees.

Cons

There really aren't any major cons to working at Imgur. It's a start up so it's very volatile but that's not a bad thing.

8. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Imgur full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small teams, everyone's nice, and you are working on something that a lot of people use daily. Plus now I get paid to surf imgur at work.

Cons

Its a growing company so there are growing pains as the team grows. Otherwise no other cons.

"Solid tech knowledge, great company culture - irreverent, yet effective! Imgur is a great place to work."

Fullstack Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur

Pros

* Tech agnostic - the solution that works is the best solution * On the front lines of Internet culture * Know every meme before your friends show them to you! * Flat organization - even the CEO writes code * Incredible benefits

Cons

* Must be dedicated * For engineering, qualifying is no simple task - you must know your stuff * All the memes your friends show you are things you've seen before

"Imgur is changing the Internet for the better."

I have been working at Imgur full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All team members here are valued equally and coming to work each day is a joy. Imgur is truly doing something awesome for the Internet and values the users over numbers or money. Everyone truly cares about their job and we've become a sort of family to each other. Not to mention the amazing benefits package and adorable dogs in the office!

Cons

If you're not the type of person who has a go-getter attitude or is able to assign yourself tasks, you might get left behind. The company is growing quickly and there's a lot to get done!

Found 60 reviews