Ian Martin Group "img" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Ian Martin Group Employee Reviews about "img"

Updated Oct 20, 2019

4.3
Ian Martin Group CEO Tim Masson (no image)
Tim Masson
Pros
  • "The way of Giving knowledge is innovative and the work environment is very good(in 13 reviews)

• "To anyone in the recruiting industry whether a trainee or experienced, I recommend IMG to work for as you'll have good opportunities here(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons but we should not misuse the given freedom(in 15 reviews)

• "Still now i didn't find any cons, If I found any, sure I will update(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "img"

Return to all Reviews

"A great place to grow..."

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

open dialogue - if it matters you can just say it caring - they really do care if you are in the right job, IMG wants everyone to succeed people - a completely different mix of people, a great group growth - if you can dream it, and IMG can provide it, you can grow into it! Benefits/RRSP Flexible work schedule

Cons

I really can't think of any...

Ian Martin Group2015-10-27
  2. "Project Lead - Power Sector"

Current Contractor - Project Leader in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Ian Martin Group for more than 3 years

Pros

Prompt and dependable invoice payment. Timely correspondence. Decent online safety training and general orientation. IMG appears to acknowledge that , even though I'm seconded through them to a client, they have a responsibility to me as their direct employee.

Cons

Given that, in the end, my services are being provided to and are paid for by a third party, there is a limit to how much advocacy they can bring to the table on my behalf. There is a significant geographic separation between me and my handlers at IMG. Although this is my second assignment through them (the first lasting over two years), I have never met any of the IMG personnel I have dealt with.

Advice to Management

IMG does not appear to be in a position of strength to advocate on behalf of their contract employees directly with end clients' organizations. Clients hold all of the cards in a very competitive market, as "temp employees" or "augmented staff" have essentially become a disposable commodity. Having said that, as a major player in the field of employment agency, IMG could be taking an industry-leading role in... lobbying the relevant Federal and Provincial government agencies to improve legislation around the rights of temporary workers, to address the "sweat shop" image and significantly diminished labour rights that give business owners an unfair advantage over temporary employees.

Ian Martin Group2018-08-06

"Good employer"

I worked at Ian Martin Group full-time

Pros

Nice work environment and tools to work with. The company has gone through many positive changes the last few years. People at IMG are great.

Cons

The compensation package should be reviewed

Advice to Management

Keep those positive changes coming

Ian Martin Group2015-09-16
  4. "Amazing Company & Vision"

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

IMG has all the common perks of being a Great Place to Work (#19 in Canada in 2015), like high employee engagement and great transparency of information, but best of all is the consistent focus put on people doing meaningful work, giving back, and having as much responsibility and freedom that they're ready for.

Cons

IMG's previous regime was quite different than it is today (and going to be tomorrow), so there are still some leftover practices and belief systems tied to the 'command & control' way of working. These things are all getting addressed in due time though.

Advice to Management

Keep working through the 'teal' practices especially around self-management. This is an amazing vision and journey!

Ian Martin Group2015-04-13

"Welcome to the so called "TEAL" company!!"

I worked at Ian Martin Group full-time

Pros

There were a lot when I joined but soon I realised how the management works here. lets head towards the cons as I have a LOT to say.

Cons

Lets throw some light on what is TEAL, its self organised environment taught by the great Murali who's apparently the soul, pillar, advisor and pops (father), you name a good quality and he will portrait that he has it. So the IMG way of being TEAL is to butter this person and get good hike & good position. IMG has leads and managers with no leadership quality and there are a few who doesn't even have people to... lead but are called leaders of course of the good buttering quality they have. Now recruiting numbers only matter when you don't butter or don't take part in any unnecessary meetings, discussions and most importantly engaging with Canadians visiting every now and then without any purpose to spoil the so called tiny budget they have which comes into picture when you go and speak about the appraisal. IMG has recently introduced sourcing project and assigned to a person who has been working on customer service for past 1 year but has ability to run a sourcing team because of buttering murali with no knowledge and pathetic communication skills. Any employee who is in the favourite's list get up and do a "role advice process" which is trending in Ian Martin to give jobs and money to useless people who should be thrown out of the company due to their recruitment productivity. One has become “TESTER” without any experience but management decided to certify this person by spending all their Money which the hard working recruiters deserve. Another has become a “TRAINER” which is the funniest, someone who couldn't prove her recruitment skills is a trainer now with amazing hike in her salary and attitude all by the grace of management who loves to get buttered. Now when a hardworking recruiter goes to the lead, manager or to murali with the genuine issues related to client, feedback from the AM’s they will fire you back by showing how pathetic you were doing till now without noticing the sick clients they have in US along with sick leads and managers who will never listen to you. Nobody bothers about your efforts, knowledge and experience here they need either numbers or buttering. I wasn't here for a very long time but understood how the Indian management works, heard a lot about you Tim and hope you take action before its too late. People are leaving not because of less money but because of the pathetic culture which is being provided which was never told while joining. This is turned into another recruitment firm which pressurises you for numbers and never wants you to grow. Well you can also call it a ladies club now because all you see is all the ladies being promoted to positions which was never there but created especially for them on the name of feminism.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for the Indian management as it sucks. but Tim you need to take an action NOW or else wait for more people to leave.

Ian Martin Group2019-10-20

"Amazing Workplace"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Bangalore

I worked at Ian Martin Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best management's in the recruiting industry. Everyone in the company is always supportive regardless of what issues you have whether it may be professional or personal. Working here is like working with family. You'll develop not only professionally but personally as a great human being with the kind of values the management imparts with so many great interactive sessions. To anyone in the recruiting... industry whether a trainee or experienced, I recommend IMG to work for as you'll have good opportunities here.

Cons

None that I could find, just that the company is moving towards TEAL and I feel every individual in the company should be well educated on that.

Advice to Management

You guys ROCK. Hoping to see IMG as one of the top staffing & recruiting companies in the near future.

Ian Martin Group2019-06-14

""Empathetic & Unique Organization ""

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No matter how long I chew on my thoughts, my words seem to fall short of explaining the impact, the emotion, and the way my life has changed after joining IMG. It's been 3.5 years and I am amazed with the way this place has evolved. Key factors which makes it a great place to work 1. Continuous Improvement - Excellent training programs to grow 2. Employee Engagement 3. The Values and Common Practices... These are the top ones according to me, but there are quite a few more. I love the way employees are trusted.

Cons

This field for IMG can be replaced with feedback. The management is always open for feedback (one of the common practice we follow at IMG), if I find any cons, I feel safe to address it without any hesitation.

Advice to Management

Kudos to all the efforts you put in to make this a great place to work and grow. Indeed you guys connect people in meaningful work. Keep doing what you do.

Ian Martin Group2019-02-28

"Best Workplace"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bangalore

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ian Martin Group - I had never imagined there is a wonderful company like (IMG) exists when I started looking for job 2 years back, believe me I feel very fortunate and lucky to have joined Ian Martin Group. Ian Martin has taught me the real meaning of work life balance which is great, I really want to thank each and every one at Ian Martin, this company has given me a lot of opportunities to grow in my current... role and went through various professional development/Leadership training programs and it has helped me grow 100 times better compared to when I joined here and I will never forget the kindness of management. Great people to work with, encouraging and motivating, we have a togetherness in the office environment and happy to see all the smiling faces around. IMG and the people here does not let you feel like you are just an employee but a family member of this group. I am very happily working with all these friendly & caring people. In these two years I always felt happy going to office with a big smile, coz I love this environment and I am not left alone at all anytime, I have got many colleagues around who are so friendly and caring. Never ever got demotivated. Motivates new people joining, you will be surrounded by passionate people with lots of talent and everyone will be happy to teach you all the work and we get to involve in many other motivating training programs, Stewardship programs (meaningful volunteer opportunities) we have a social committee among us who are passionate about taking care of social events/fun events at office. I have found my work to be very rewarding and full of opportunities to grow, solid foundation for learning and career growth, wonderful people in the Management, friendly and personable. All I would like to add is, I love my work what I am doing currently and I love the work culture we have here “Best Place to Work” – “Great place to grow” - I have learnt to be responsible in life as well as at my work and I also enjoy my freedom carefully. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to be a part of this wonderful IMG family.

Cons

No cons - Never seen any

Advice to Management

BEST Management .. Keep up the BEST work that you guys are doing and IMG is the place to work.

Ian Martin Group2019-02-22

"Best place to work!!"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Bangalore

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working here since 2016. This is the best company for a fresher to start with.Both our offshore and onshore recruiters are friendly and helpful. The culture what they follow here is totally different. Recently I had an opportunity to visit Canada for offsite and attend training. I was there for 3 weeks. Our Canadian friends were caring and helpful. Our CEO, his wife and our VP took us to Niagara falls... one weekend and then we had dinner in our CEO's house. Not only them there were other colleagues who spent their valuable time with us. We enjoyed a lot and at the same time we learnt a lot from our seniors. My experience in Canada was amazing. All are treated equally in IMG. We all have psychological safety to give feedback to anyone in this organisation irrespective of their designation. Employees here have scope of growth. Especially they promote women empowerment. They accept the way we are.The environment here is very positive. I am very excited about our company going into teal. Happy to be the part of this amazing team :)

Cons

I can't find any cons.

Advice to Management

This company has good vision. Please keep the good work going.

Ian Martin Group2018-08-26
  10. "IMG is focused on meaning full work!! Happy to work in IMG."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly environment, company invest time and money in training and development of employees. We experience transparency in value sharing, financial data sharing. Equal opportunity to grow if you have the right skill.

Cons

I cant find any. Although IMG management keeps working everyday to keep work environment positive, happy and safe for employees.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Ian Martin Group2018-04-18