Ian Martin Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Ian Martin Group Reviews

Updated Nov 15, 2019

4.4
Ian Martin Group CEO Tim Masson (no image)
Tim Masson
Pros
  • "The way of Giving knowledge is innovative and the work environment is very good(in 13 reviews)

• "To anyone in the recruiting industry whether a trainee or experienced, I recommend IMG to work for as you'll have good opportunities here(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons but we should not misuse the given freedom(in 15 reviews)

• "Still now i didn't find any cons, If I found any, sure I will update(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great office

Cons

No cons working here. Very nice

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Ian Martin Group2019-11-08

"Just be wary..."

I worked at Ian Martin Group full-time

Pros

- work from home - most of the team is friendly, great to work with - generally treat the employees very well - lunch room is well stocked and you’re given more than normally - flexibility in your hours - work outings

Cons

- don’t trust your co-workers - TEAL isn’t always followed properly - in fact from day one you’re responsible for something that most of us have never heard of - although there are no “managers” there are definitely people who seem to have the power to be - CEO isn’t involved in day to day decisions and probably doesn’t know about half of the things going on - company says one thing and then does another -... very untrustworthy group of people within each “brand” of the business - no support from management when you do need it - staff will say how much of a team the environment is but will display differently via actions

Advice to Management

Honestly- the CEO is a great guy. Tells it like it is- straight shooter... but the way some people are treated and picked on is ridiculous. My experience with this company is horrible. I was bullied, lied to and blindsided on multiple occasions.

Ian Martin Group2019-02-19

"Great Agency"

Current Employee - Job Candidate in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are very responsive. They walk you through the entire enrolment process and explain everything. Once you are working on assignment they don’t forget about you, you still have their support if you need it. My recruiter was just as excited for me when I landed a placement.

Cons

None I can think of.

Ian Martin Group2018-12-31

"no leadership."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON

I worked at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-ability to work remotely or during special hours -occasional food and lunch catering -friendly staff (for the most part) - have done Christmas parties/Christmas bonuses - allow drinking of alcohol in the office

Cons

-no accountability when an individual is not doing there job continually over many quarters or does not do things described in their job description -implementation of "teal management" has led to immense disorganization and a communist environment leaving individuals to argue with each-other for respect and fair treatment -there are individuals who receive special treatment for personal reasons (family relation... etc.) creating a biased and unfair environment for many - there is no possibility for career advancement/ growth from your assigned role and attempting to do so may result in your dismissal from the company -the staff has proven to be derogatory and blatantly disrespectful to one another both to ones face and in a cyber bullying/harassing capacity - individuals have had wrongful dismissed based on legitimate terms and many work place laws are disregarded - the CEO has split himself thin across roles managing multiple companies and does not realize Ian Martin needs supportive and accountable leadership

Advice to Management

Learn from your mistake in mismanagement and never take your staff for granted especially when they are over achieving and exceeding goals. Evaluate the efficiency of upper staff and work your way down (can be a real cost savings...).

Ian Martin Group2019-02-07

"Such a great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

If your looking to work for a company that cares and values you, this is the place to be. Ian Martin is moving in the direction of becoming "Teal" which is refreshing, empowering and brilliant. They are also a certified "B Corp" aiming to seek higher purpose, contribute to our communities and reduce our footprint.

Cons

Not a con, just something to be aware of. We are currently in the process of moving to a teal organization so things are rapidly changing and evolving.

Ian Martin Group2018-08-29

"Full Time Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time

Pros

They really do care about your home life as well. Having appointments that are family or health related are never an issue. I have experienced a whole new level of independence, and it has given me the freedom to ensure my responsibilities are taken care of all while being respected.

Cons

I love the change that has been discussed for about a year of going "Teal" - if you aren't sure what this means, google it you'll have a great read. This organizational hierarchy change is unique but not all higher ups are as committed as others. I have experienced being extremely valued but also have experienced some delegation from management which is the total opposite of the Teal movement

Advice to Management

Watch out for the little guys, we're riding this wave of change

Ian Martin Group2018-08-30

"Truly a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Transparency - Authenticity - Everyone is encouraged to be a leader - Positive, supportive environment

Cons

- Benefits plan is weak

Ian Martin Group2018-08-31
  8. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great working environment, Freedom to make decisions on accounts, little micro management and oversight

Cons

Company is going through a major management transformation so some things get lost in translation.

Ian Martin Group2018-07-27

"Changing business for the better!"

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The biggest pro is that this company actually walks the walk - things like a self-managed culture, the fact that your whole self is encouraged at work, and the fact that you have the freedom to determine your career path may sound like empty corporate businesspeak, but they truly mean it here. The company has a clear purpose and isn't afraid of experimenting with ways of doing things better.

Cons

This con is a pro, depending on how you look at it, but if you like to just come in to work and be told what to do, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep listening, learning, and being open to a variety of perspectives and we'll continue to grow together!

Ian Martin Group2018-06-08

"Couldn't be happier"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Ian Martin Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am lucky. Not only do I get to do what I love everyday, but I get to make a difference with being a member of Stewardship council. We are passionate about "breaking down barriers to employment" and promoting inclusive hiring for us and our clients. We work in a environment where we can give and receive feedback, we are open for coaching by colleagues and upper management and our voices and opinions are heard... when we discuss the future direction of this company. We take 1 day/year, leave our offices and our responsibilities for that day and volunteer in our communities, we give back with time and can donate to our favourite charities which by the way Ian Martin will match our donation dollar for dollar. I am proud of the organization I work for. I have never worked for a company that shares financials in such a transparent way.

Cons

The compensation is average. I would say market value or slightly below. That said, I would rather make slightly less money then work for a company that doesn't have a sense of direction, purpose or moral compass. The drive into work is good for me as well. So really, I have nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You have a lot of people contributing and supporting the future success of Ian Martin

Ian Martin Group2018-05-25