IMT Residential Employee Reviews about "corporate office"

Updated Sep 10, 2020

Found 5 of over 186 reviews

4.3
IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero
John Tesoriero
Pros
  • "IMT Residential provides a healthy work environment with a solid work/life balance(in 17 reviews)

• "Work environment and opportunities(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I do not have any cons for IMT Residential(in 8 reviews)

• "Sometimes it takes time for upper management to realize what they have, and what they don't have but most corporation have the same issue(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Reviews about "corporate office"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, amazing people, career development!

Sep 10, 2020 - Recruiting & Engagement in Sherman Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

IMT is a company that actually lives their mission statement: Putting You First! IMT always prioritizes the best interest of their associates. Whether it’s through comprehensive benefits, an engaging culture, incredible colleagues and teammates, work-life balance, or the opportunity for career growth, IMT really cares about their people. Specifically during the Covid-19 pandemic, IMT has thrived by going above and beyond for employees with incredible opportunities and gestures that include team lunches, weekly trivia, care packages, and thorough communication. I’m grateful to have found an incredible “work home” where I can grow. I’m proud to work at IMT Residential!

Cons

Though the office space is modern and high quality, sometimes there can be a lack of privacy with shared office space and a cubicle setup in the corporate office.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review of some of the things you appreciate about IMT and how the mission Putting You First is demonstrated! We are grateful to have you on the IMTeam!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent Company

Feb 20, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've enjoyed ample opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Communication from the corporate office could be better.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Wow, congratulations on 10 years with IMT! I'm glad you've enjoyed the company and the opportunities for advancement. We agree with you that communication could be better and it's one of our goals for the year. You should see improvement soon!

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Outdated and obnoxious Leasing Software

Dec 22, 2014 - Leasing Staff in Sherman Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They build nice properties in nice locations.

Cons

1.) They use a leasing software called MRI which has an early 2000's interface. EVERYbody else is using Yardi or updated versions of YieldStar. This leasing software is laughable over at IMT competitors. 2.) A BEYOND OBNOXIOUS lead generating system called Pop Card. I can't even begin to describe this irritating, bizarre software which rang ALL DAY an obnoxious 1970's type telephone ring whenever somebody we toured is up for a "follow up" <---- this is of course indicative of IMT's micro management style. We can't blow our noses without the Corporate Office knowing about it. One can't take an extra (well deserved) 5 minutes on your lunch break without a federal case being made. I like to work for employers who give me some gosh darn leeway in order to do my job. 3.) SO. In addition to their bizarre and outdated software one may work long, tedious 10 hour days while someone of your same title is training to be an Assistant Manager (however unqualified). And thinking about working for this company in the summer? Make sure you understand the tour path PRIOR to accepting a job offer. You may be taking all sorts of obstacles in the hot summer sun -- coming back into the leasing office drenched in sweat with blisters on your feet - with of course, no appreciation from corporate. But they'll sure be emailing you mid-day making sure all your i's are dotted and all your t's are crossed - this is in ADDITION to your manager breathing down your neck. They will also be requiring you to sit at "open houses" at some of the smaller properties taking you away from your well deserved commissions at your actual property. When you raise questions about this all heck will break loose. When you address this with Senior Management your concerns will fall on deaf ears. The only way you receive a pleasant work environment is when you know someone at the top. 4.) Yeah that is a good lead in for number 4. At IMT it's all about who you snuggle up to and who came to your wedding which determines all the perks and bennies. Laughable. You should ask in an interview - just for kicks - the promotions process; You'll get the obligatory "oh we love to hire from within and show our employees that we love and care about them..." BALONEY - They'll bring in people over you from other companies to fill Assistant and Manager positions. 5.) Let's just say, by chance, that you don't leave on the best of terms with the company - the last day of your two week notice will be met with a psychological "lesson" of how much they appreciated you. I'll leave it at that.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments and suggestions! I’m glad to hear that you appreciate IMT’s product. I’d like to provide information on the areas you list as cons. Please excuse the length of this response as I want to make sure to touch upon the different topics you mentioned. First of all, I’d like to state that we agreed with your assessment of our MRI software being a little dated. Therefore, we upgraded to MRI 4.5 and provided training in November. We now have more robust processing and functionality. The feedback on the upgrade from the daily users has been positive! We continue to use LRO and Popcard and find them useful accompaniments to MRI. It is a good suggestion for anyone considering working at IMT or any multi-family housing provider to understand the tour path and amount of time on the property vs. at a desk in the office. The nature of the leasing function is to show the property and summer is the busy season. Therefore, anyone with leasing responsibility will be outside in the summer sun. Within the past year, we’ve been taking a more team approach to operating the California portfolio. We’ve hired some people as floaters. And, we ask associates assigned to a specific property to occasionally work at other sites in their area. We will ensure that we communicate that need during the interview process for new associates. In 2014, we opened new properties and increased the overall headcount at existing properties to provide better support to the team and our residents. With this growth, we needed to hire several new associates. For the new Assistant and Community Manager positions, some were filled by promotion and some were filled by hiring. Training and development is a focus for us. In October, we implemented a Learning Management System that allows all associates to take a variety of web courses on demand. Additionally, we will be rolling out another resource within the next couple of months to increase in-person training. These additional tools will help our associates develop their careers and support our philosophy of promoting from within. Again, I want to thank you for your time to provide feedback and suggestions! We hope you have found an organization that provides the tools, support and atmosphere you desire. We wish you the best!

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Be ready for POLITICS

Nov 3, 2014 - Leasing Consultant in Valley Village, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-- They have a lot of good policies in theory. But the policies are fundamentally flawed by this company's politics.

Cons

-- You best know the Regional Manager for promotions, a good salary, and for Saturdays off. -- You'll be getting daily harassing emails from the corporate office as to why this isn't done yet or that isn't done yet - whether or not the company actually gives you the tools they are required to in order to do your job. -- You'll be pinned up against one of the Regional Manager's "favorites" but be required to do twice as much work. -- They want to be Alliance Residential but Alliance has a model that IMT just wont follow. -- Thinking about filing a complaint? You'll be met with passive aggressive silence..... -- The politics are so bad you'll feel like you're in high school again...

4 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the 1+ years you contributed to IMT! Our Regional Managers are focused on strong performance from which the leadership team (Regional Managers, executives, Human Resources) makes decisions regarding promotions and compensation. The reality of this industry is that working Saturdays is necessary to take care of our residents and prospective residents. We try to clearly communicate this business need to everyone from the time they apply through their employment. However, most of our properties in the California region are closed on Sundays allowing our team to have Sundays off which is not always possible in this industry. We hope that you have found a company with an environment more aligned with your expectations and wish you the best!

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Once Your In, Its not what you thought

Apr 30, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is growing, located in a nice area, and the managers seem to let the employees get their jobs done without too much micro management.

Cons

The feeling you get about the corporate office is that the company is just a vessel to make money. Employees dont seem to be happy, the turnover is very high, opinions get overlooked and change seems to be frowned apon from upper management. Every department seems to be understaffed, faces change frequently and people seem to walk out on the job. The general feeling is that the top people and managers have been here for a while but all over staff has been with the company for a year or less. It seems people get an idea of the company and jump ship. There is also very little room for advancement.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your opinions! We value feedback, the positive comments as well as the suggestions for improvement. We strive for excellence and recognize that it is an ongoing journey. I would like to encourage you to continue to share opinions and play an active role in IMT's growth and success. While every suggestion may not be implemented and at times you may not feel heard, know that the senior leadership greatly values each person's contributions in running the business. I would also like to encourage you to discuss career opportunities with your manager and Human Resources to help navigate a career path with you. We're proud of our track record of promoting from within and would like each person to know the potential that is available in this strong and growing company. To compensate and reward associates for our contribution to IMT's success, the benefits package, including the medical, dental, vision and 401(k) offerings, were greatly enhanced this year. Please come and see us in HR if you would like additional information on these programs.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews