IMT Residential Reviews

Found 174 of over 179 reviews

3.9
IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero
John Tesoriero
Pros
  • "Corporate office takes a ton of tasks and reporting off of Managers(in 13 reviews)

• "Very good work environment indeed(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes it takes time for upper management to realize what they have, and what they don't have but most corporation have the same issue(in 5 reviews)

• "We can't blow our noses without the Corporate Office knowing about it(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company Culture and growth opportunity

Aug 31, 2021 - Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

personable upper management, internal promotions, support from corporate departments,

Cons

roll out of new policies/technologies can be a little hectic at times

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for being a part of IMT's success for over 3 years! From your pros, I am very pleased to see that you were pleased with the relationships and support from upper management and corporate. You also noted internal promotions. We strongly support career development and we promoted 76 people to new roles in 2020! We understand that new policy or technology rollouts can be hectic. We have conversations about how to best communicate and train for the best rollout experience, and try to improve each time. Thank you for providing a review. We wish you the best in your career endeavors!

2. 1.0
      Current Employee

Bad

Sep 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

None,zero,zilch,nada,bada bing bingo zero. How about none none none none

Cons

Too much favoritism, callous and aloof display from owners and their counterparts working within the co. "Excellent" encouraged reviews from upper mgmt as well as surveys which violate t&c @ many companies; bonuses are moving targets and do not match software; IT a constant headache

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Ouch, I am disappointed and surprised to read of your perception of IMT and what you chose to share at the time. It sounds like you may be angry about a particular situation. If you are still with IMT, I would like to encourage you to talk with someone to work towards a resolution or understanding. If not your manager or regional, please contact HR. If you are no longer with IMT, I would like to wish you the best with your next career opportunity!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Benefits without a work/life balance.

Jul 28, 2021 - Leasing Agent in Franklin, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leasing incentives and base pay were amazing. The management is involved and encouraging. I learned so much about myself. I learned a lot from my team and I got a real crash course in customer service from the residents. They like promoting from inside too, so there’s a huge chance for upward mobility. I definitely grew as a person and as a professional, gained confidence and made great friends. Thanks IMT.

Cons

No work/life balance at all. I lived on property and worked from 8:00 - 8:00 (sometimes 10:00) most days during lease up the first year. They bought the property to flip but they only put makeup on it. It was a shallow renovation. The plumbing is in dire need of repair. The ACs are constantly failing. Water heaters and toilets are always going crazy. The maintenance team had way too much to do, were overworked and under appreciated but IMT refused to hire extra help. They insisted that the team was just inefficient.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review! I am pleased that you found our pay amazing, and our management to be involved and encouraging. I hope the personal and professional growth that you experienced at IMT will serve you well throughout your career! Regarding the hours worked, we appreciate your time and dedication to work some longer days. There are some occasions in which we ask people to work overtime while we are working to hire more staff or improve a situation. It is appreciated and we try our best to minimize those situations the best we can to get everyone back to regular eight hour days. Thank you for being a part of our Tennessee team. We wish you the best!

4. 1.0
      Current Employee

Aug 21, 2021 - Senior Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Terrible job, hated it the whole time

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

I am sorry to read that you hated your experience at IMT. It states that you are a current employee. If that is the case, I would like to strongly encourage you to talk with your manager or Human Resources to see how we may be able to improve the situation. If you are no longer working at IMT, I would like to wish the best in finding the right career opportunity for you!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

None

Jul 13, 2021 - Manager in Ghaziabad
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent place to work and research

Cons

May feel research pressure and handling non academic activities

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

I am sorry; I believe this review was intended for another company. IMT Residential does not operate or employ people in Ghaziabad, and we do not have any research positions. We are a multifamily housing operator.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company, depending on your Region

Jun 25, 2021 - Assistant Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great stepping stone opportunity for growth

Cons

Lack of consistency Regional mgmt. can be absent and fail to provide backup when needed

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review and for being a part of the team for over three years! I am really happy to read that you feel that opportunities for growth are available at IMT. We have an excellent Training team that provides great resources such as live and virtual sessions, on-demand courses on a variety of required and elective topics, Training Tip Thursdays with a video of a quick tip, and a monthly newsletter with information and recognition of people's achievements. In addition to helping people learn the job and prepare for future growth, we are proud that most of our management and assistant management positions are filled by a promotion. I also see that you feel there is a lack of consistency and would like more of a regional management presence. There are some differences between regions due to different local regulations. In addition to abiding by those, we have national policies and procedures, and allow our leadership team to make some decisions that are in the best interest of a particular community or region. IMT continuously looks for ways to show our appreciation for the most valued part of the business, our associates. Knowing how our efforts succeed or come up short is important in the process of trying to be the best employer possible. Thank you!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Positive Company Culture

May 6, 2021 - Community Manager in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Amazing company culture! Corporate departments are friendly and promote a positive working environment. -Great pay/benefits. -Excellent communication with all departments. -Honest, fair and moral company. They genuinely care for their employees and residents.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Your review is a pleasure to read! We are so pleased that you are enjoying our great IMTeam culture. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and thank you for being a part of the team for over three years!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Apr 17, 2021 - Field Service Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, with great benefits and bonus structures

Cons

Sometimes does not buy as much properties in Florida.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

I am pleased to read that you found IMT to be a "great company." We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package and monthly bonuses for all of our associates working at all of our communities! As you may know, we are committed to continuing to do business in Florida and our acquisitions team is actively looking for additional communities to purchase there. We agree that we need more maintenance training and we have already started to implement programs! Last year, our Training Team facilitated sessions on customer service and service standards to all of our maintenance associates. Later this year, our Training Team will be rolling out a program of video courses on the technical parts of the job including plumbing, electrical and appliances. IMT will continue to look for ways to better support our associates. Thank you for your review and for being a part of the IMTeam for over five years!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Awesome

Apr 15, 2021 - AP Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are very nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

Pay is very low but the work is stacked.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for writing a review! I'm glad you found IMT to be an "awesome" place to work and that you enjoyed the people. IMT recognizes that it is people who make it an enjoyable place to work and a successful company. Every associate has annual performance review discussion with their manager that includes a review of the pay rate and a merit increase that is based on performance. Since you were with us less than one year, you likely did not have that opportunity for a pay increase. We tend to have busy days to accomplish our goals and continue our success. However, we keep overtime to a minimum to ensure a good work/life balance. Thank you for your contributions to IMT! We wish you the best with your career!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company Ever

Apr 8, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work atmosphere. The overall work-culture is very good. They really care about their employees.

Cons

There weren't really any cons to working here. I got to live where I worked and I loved my job.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Wow, we are honored to be called the "Best Company Ever." I am pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the Putting You First mission of taking care of our associates and our customers. Thank you for the review and for being a part of the IMTeam!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 174 Reviews