IMPACT Branding & Design Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

IMPACT Branding & Design Reviews

Updated Nov 8, 2019

4.9
IMPACT Branding & Design CEO Bob Ruffolo  (no image)
Bob Ruffolo
  1. "IMPACT is Committed to Your Professional Success"

Current Employee - HubSpot Consultant in New Haven, CT

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time

Pros

This company strives each day to live out its organizational values: passion, helpfulness, and dependability. Working in an agency is not an easy job, but IMPACT will fully support you and ensure that you are set up for success.

Cons

The organization is agile and fast-moving. To succeed you need to be willing to embrace change and organizational restructuring.

IMPACT Branding & Design2019-11-08
  2. "A Unicorn Agency"

Current Employee - HubSpot Certified Trainer in Manchester, CT

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing culture and leadership. I started here 3 and a half years ago and have been so impressed by the growth and vision of this company. I don't say this lightly - it's been a privilege to be part of IMPACT's journey to where it is today.

Cons

It's an agency! Which means it's fast-paced, changes a lot, you'll likely be working with clients (or with co-workers who are dealing with clients) which always comes with its own set of challenges. However, you probably won't find a healthier, more enjoyable agency environment than IMPACT.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees as you have been these last few years. Continue to think big and push the visions of the company forward. You guys rock.

IMPACT Branding & Design2019-10-02
  3. "Better than any agency out there"

Current Employee - Principal Strategist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at IMPACT is such a breath of fresh air. After working at another agency, this company gets it! IMPACT actually treats their employees right, gives us opportunities to grow and listens to our feedback THEN they actually do something about it. Also, as a remote employee, I was worried that I would not feel like I was apart of the team. But that is not the case, I feel more a part of a team than I have at... any other company.

Cons

We are making a shift in the structure which is hard and complex this has caused some people to leave and others grow annoyed. But this is a con that is being fixed. Being a remote employee I feel like we miss out on some of the benefits of being in the office. LIke the free pizza, gym membership and so on. But I guess that is the tradeoff of working from home.

Advice to Management

Keep us focused and continue providing us with fantastic training.

IMPACT Branding & Design2019-02-15
  4. "World-class talent at a growing, world-class company."

Current Employee - Controller in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Transparency & Openness: Open-book financial management is an amazing thing! Not only are we completely transparent about all aspects of our financial statements, but the company has created a plan for the employees to share in IMPACT's success. Everyone in the company has control of their success and the ability to speak up when something isn't right. Very exciting stuff! - Flexibility: Everyone is... treated as an adult and expected to get their work done. Under this philosophy, the company is very flexible about where and when the work gets done. - Relaxed, family-oriented environment: With an average age of 31 years old at the company, it is a very tight-knit group made up of arguably the most talented individuals in their respective fields. Everyone is treated as an equal and encouraged to speak their true feelings.

Cons

Not a real con, but with a bunch of game-changing new programs rolling out simultaneously, it is going to take some time to perfect them (people tools, open-book-management).

Advice to Management

Stay the course you are on! The new people tools and "Great Game of Business" are incredible steps in the right direction. IMPACT is poised to become one of the best places to work in the world. I'm so excited for the journey.

IMPACT Branding & Design2018-10-13

"Review from the CEO. Please read."

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Yes, this is a review from the CEO of IMPACT, but I hope you read this and take it seriously. Everything we've done over the last four years has been to make IMPACT the best possible to place for our people. We understand that if we can attract and retain the best people, they'll deliver for those who put their trust in us, and we'll have a superior product and company.

Creating the best place to work has... remained one of our core objectives, and every quarter we work towards improving, all based on feedback from our employee NPS, employee advisory board, manager/employee one-on-ones, and regular feedback meetings held by our talent team. Because of this, we’ve built a great culture for both on-site and remote employees, our turnover rate is exceptionally low for an agency, and our people have nominated and helped us win awards for our culture.

Although we want our people to be at IMPACT for a long time, we understand the company is not for everyone and sometimes things change. We can only keep people on the team who are performing at a high level, otherwise it creates a hardship for the entire organization. But more importantly, if someone is struggling at IMPACT, they need to find something that’s a better fit for them so they don’t waste time and can continue to grow in their career. Over the years, we’ve had to have tough conversations with several team members when it was time to make a change, but, one thing I think we do differently at IMPACT is that we work with employees through their transitions so we can achieve the best, mutually-beneficial outcome for everyone -- even if it take a few months. We’re happy to go out of our way to help our transitioning employees and many have come back to us saying how valuable this was to them. Most of them have gone on to find great jobs that are perfect for them and we couldn’t be happier, and in almost every case, it’s a great experience for everyone.

In 2015, we created a company vision which the entire team was invited to contribute to. That vision, in addition to being a great place to work, included us being recognized for the quality of our work, holding industry events where we could showcase the thought leadership of our team and interact with some of the brightest and most-respected people in our field. I’m proud to say, we’ve achieved that vision a year early, and we’re now focused on our bigger vision for 2020, also co-created by the entire team.

In terms of compensation, we continue to focus on improving pay and benefits. We have made huge strides in this area in the past four years and believe they are above average, but they can always be better. OK - I may be biased… I get that, but I will invite you to go to our team page, ping anyone at our company, and validate anything you’d like about our culture. We’re very proud of what we’ve accomplished and apologies for giving myself a thumbs up on the “rate the CEO” section. I try very hard. :)

Cons

No doubt, we have a lot we still need to work on. First, we want to improve our benefits even further. In the last few years, we rolled out a larger contribution to health insurance, a 401k with a 3% match, and up to 8 weeks of maternity/paternity leave, but I’d really like to see us increase our health insurance contribution, specifically for families, and up our 401k match. I’m also very focused on finding the... right plan for employees to have a path towards ownership of IMPACT, which I think we’ll have in 2019. Our office is cool but certainly isn’t at Google-level. I think there’s an opportunity to improve there. The reason for deficiencies in these areas is because we pay our people very well, and most of our budget goes to salaries. I’m confident that we’ll address all of this in the next 6-12 months.

Advice to Management

I am management, so I guess my advice to me would be to keep seeking feedback from the team and address it as soon as possible. Brian Halligan, CEO of HubSpot, told me that feedback is the breakfast of champions. He couldn’t be more spot on.

IMPACT Branding & Design2018-04-27
  6. "AWESOME CULTURE"

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is contagious. Team is incredibly engaged.

Cons

I don’t like that I am forced to put a con.

IMPACT Branding & Design2018-04-20
  7. "My ultimate post-HubSpot IPO experience...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

*A firm that's considered at the top of their niche (Diamond-tier HubSpot Agency Partner, HubSpot's N. American Partner of The Year) *Team is large enough that there are resources to support you and a diverse culture to be a part of, but also small enough so that every team player's impact can be felt. *A very much not "corporate" culture, while still staying organized and professional. That's a pro for me.

Cons

*Small but growing business so sometimes there are bumps and ruts are we evolve and grow. *Sometimes long hours are called for in order to hit the goal *Our product, marketing strategy and website design services, is in a very broad (and often hard to understand) market of services/solution providers. It's tough to always be valued for what we do.

Advice to Management

*Continue to focus on being the BEST we can be on everything we put our name behind and make sure every client engagement has a tangible success in the first 90-days that they and we can bring back to share with others.

IMPACT Branding & Design2017-11-14
  8. "It doesn't get much better."

Current Employee - Strategist in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

Where do I even start: The people and Culture are next to none. Management is always listening, learning, and most importantly knows that the people at IMPACT are what make IMPACT great. They pay is very competitive. IMPACT embodies the work hard, play hard mentality. I could go on forever about the pro's of working at IMPACT. All around, everyone at IMPACT is treated like an executive, and expected to... perform like one.

Cons

IMPACT is not for everyone. Specifically, it's not a place for those who are looking for their job to occupy as little of their life as possible. IMPACT is a group of people on a mission and because of that the team here pours their heart and soul into their work. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way, but again, it's not for everyone. Also, it's pretty hard to maintain a diet here. Everyone's always... brining in something delicious.

Advice to Management

Keep your foot on the gas.

IMPACT Branding & Design2017-08-17

"I've Found My Place"

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Leadership: our entire leadership team is dedicated to not only driving the business forward but to listening and resolving any real issues within the agency. - Core values: every company has core values, not every company ACTUALLY cares about them. In my time at IMPACT, I've heard our core values being used as a measurement tool for decisions, behaviors, and outcomes. This is HUGE! - Innovative marketing:... Inbound isn't new anymore. Writing blogs isn't going to get the job done, here I have the freedom to think creatively about how to solve for our clients and the team is supportive and willing to help execute. - Agile/SCRUM: If you've worked in SCRUM before you'll be familiar with the idea of SCRUM Teams, velocity, points. IMPACT uses this methodology on the client services and the internal team level. Which is really awesome. - Ideas Are Heard: In my time here, my ideas and suggestions have been heard, challenged, tested, and even implemented. - Challenging: If you're in marketing and more specifically in client services, you know the challenges that everyone face and we face them here, too. The job is challenging, but if you like a challenge, then that is a bonus!

Cons

I don't have any cons that are worth mentioning. We're still working on putting the right people in the right places, but it is so minor compared to cons from other agencies I've worked at.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing everything that you're doing!

IMPACT Branding & Design2017-07-20
  10. "Hands Down the Best Place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Strategist in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

IMPACT embodies commitment for delivering excellence to not only their clients but also their employees which is hard to find these days. But the best part is the passion, dedication, teamwork & pride that the employees exude in all that they do.

Cons

Only downside is that at times it can be hard for a company with such high employee expectations and standards to grow as fast as we need to in order to keep up with the client demand. But that's not really a con;)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and the stock of gummy bears.

IMPACT Branding & Design2017-07-20