IMPACT Branding & Design Reviews

Updated Apr 24, 2020

4.7
IMPACT Branding & Design Founder and CEO Bob Ruffolo  (no image)
Bob Ruffolo
  1. "Best company I have worked at"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture here is contagious. everyone is happy to work here and gives their best 100% of the time. When working at HubSpot I did not think a work environment could get any better and IMPACT has set the new bar. Leadership is transparent at all times and even during the pandemic. I am cared for, but as an employee and a human being. Also, we are paid really well. Compared to other agencies I have worked at the pay here is the best.

Cons

There are a lot of changes that happen, I would even say I had whiplash from it for the last few months. However, we have put guardrails in place to prevent that from happening moving forward. We now have quarterly priorities that way we are always moving in the right direction and not focused on "restarting" every 6 months.

IMPACT Branding & Design2020-04-24
  2. "The Digital Sales & Marketing Agency that truly cares about it's employees and customer success"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

IMPACT is a company with a heart and truly cares about our customers. We don't just sell services to make a buck. We have a better value proposition than any agency out there and we are fully committed to our customer's success. I feel valued and part of a team. My manager not only cares about my success but my personal well being. My team is awesome and pushes me to be the best I can be every day. All the service teams work hard to bring their A-game to help customers every day. Our leaders are honest, transparent, and always willing to listen to how we can make the company better. There is not one person in the company that doesn't truly bring their best every day.

Cons

I will not sugar coat it - things move fast around here. Faster than any company I ever worked for. You have to be willing to roll with the changes, stay positive, and embrace what's best for the customer and the business. It can be challenging to stay on top of everything so you have to put your own processes in place to get everything done. There is more work to do than hours in the day so be prepared to work smart and work hard. This is something they are working on, but there are a lot of system notifications dinging you every day which can cause distractions. Centralizing this will go a long way to staying focused and getting done what matters most.

IMPACT Branding & Design2020-04-24
  3. "A Company Focused on Growth"

Current Employee - Content Marketing Strategist

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, strong leadership, lots of opportunities to grow, challenging work you will enjoy, emphasis on work-life balance.

Cons

Very fast-paced, organizational change happens rather frequently and sometimes feels unclear.

IMPACT Branding & Design2020-04-23
  4. "An unorganized company masked behind "great benefits and perks"."

2.0
    Former Employee - Videographer/Editor in New Haven, CT

I worked at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, mostly very friendly people. Great benefits, and "unlimited" time off is nice, cool workspace.

Cons

Despite acknowledging that they fail to "practice what we preach" no real effort is made to take steps towards new and improved processes. At the end of the day, you do your job "their way" despite the weekly surveys on "how to improve XYZ". Constant peer reviews and meetings waste more time since they never prove to improve anything. Communication between teams is there, but no actions. At the end of the day, this company is very much "keep your head down and do your work" if you want to survive here.

IMPACT Branding & Design2020-04-14

IMPACT Branding & Design Response

April 22, 2020Director of Talent

Hey there, this is Natalie by the way. Thank you so much for the transparency into how you're feeling. While my primary focus is the happiness of our team, I know I'd be naive to think everyone is perfectly happy at all times (which sucks honestly), but I'm always sad when someone has a bad experience here. However, seeing your honest feedback allows me to focus on things we can do differently. I'm happy to report that we already solved or are working on a lot of the things you pointed out, so it looks like we're on the same page. - Company Processes: We made it a company priority to re-do all of our most important processes and rolled out 23 approved and updated ones already. It's been a game-changer. - Management pleasing higher-ups: We recently merged the management team with the leadership team to knock down any perceived "hierarchy" walls and improve communication with the rest of the teams. This team meets daily and our communication and productivity between now and a couple of months ago is night and day. - We're also more strictly tracking time off in an effort to make sure people are taking enough. While a lot of people manage to take the time they need already, we don't want anyone in the company feeling like unlimited is actually "unlimited". I run reports on this now. I know this doesn't change your experience, but I thought you'd want to know that we're addressing these things. Best of luck with everything moving forward. And if there's anything you want to talk through in more detail feel free to reach out any time! - Natalie

5. "Good company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Advancement opportunity is a plus

Cons

Lack of bonus pay is puzzling.

IMPACT Branding & Design2020-02-24
  6. "Consistently A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been at IMPACT for almost 5 years, and it's consistently been my favorite job I've ever had. Does that mean it's always been easy and sunshine and roses? No. What it does mean is that I've been challenged, I've gained more experience than I would have working in a more traditional setting for 20 years and I've grown every single day. Growth isn't easy. It requires self awareness, being humble, adaptability and the willingness to put in the work, even when things aren't completely clear for your future or how the company is going to tackle its aggressive goals. That is what I like most about working here, along with being surrounded by like-minded peers who push each other every day while having a great time doing it. All of what I said could also be seen as a big con for others, and it has happened with some of our teammates before. IMPACT isn't for everyone. In fact, it's for a very special type of person who thrives in an environment where you get to build the future with no playbook on how to do it. Aside from that very big pro, some other perks include our unlimited time off policy - which we do take. This is not just for flashy vacations you want to take. It provided parents more flexibility to take care of a sick child or go to your child's school party at 10am. You can have work-life balance here as long as you know how to manage your time well and understand there are ebbs and flows with work and life. Some days you are heavy on work, others you can build in more time for your personal life. It's culturally acceptable to build your own balance and still produce the level of work you are expected to do. You can work remotely in most positions, which provides even more flexibility. This does mean you miss office gatherings sometimes, but the tradeoff can't compare. Lastly, I mention the amazing peers I work with, but to call that out further, our people make this company. They care about you personally, they back each other up and support each other and are there to help you grow, whether someone is an official manager or not. We work very hard, but we also have fun and a great VP of Talent that helps keep our culture alive in-office and remotely.

Cons

The biggest con you will often hear is IMPACT moves fast. What that really means is we re-structure often to better meet the needs of the team and our customers (and are prompted to do so in all-company quarterly surveys), we change how we service our clients in order to continuously improve and retain, and we roll big initiatives out quickly because we believe in get it out, then get it right with experimentation and real data. We are also a 70ish person company at this point, so it's not possible for everyone to know every reason and detail behind a decision. You have to be able to trust the stakeholders involved that they are making the right decision and what's best for the company. This can be hard, especially if you're new or if you don't work with a particular team much to have that trust built up yet. If you are someone that likes to see a full project plan and have a slow release, this will drive you crazy. I used to be this way, but I've learned over time it is better to start making improvements before you have every little detail ironed out, and making it better iteratively over time.

IMPACT Branding & Design2020-01-23
  7. "An amazing place to work with a great culture!!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in New Haven, CT

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

IMPACT has helped me grow not only in my professional life, but also in my personal life. You're constantly given opportunities to show off your strengths while also put into situations that challenge you to discover new ones. This allows each person at the company to learn and grow every day. Not only are you constantly learning, but the culture that the company has built fosters incredible friendships and makes sure that everyone at the company is aligned with our company mission and core values. This helps keep positive morale throughout the teams and allows the company to continue to grow. And let's not forget about the incredible benefits you receive. We get unlimited vacation, free books, 401k matches, and a ton more! I love working for IMPACT and being a member of the IMPACT family.

Cons

There are a lot of changes that happen pretty quickly, which I could see as a con for some, but if you're able to manage your time correctly, and seek to understand the reasoning behind the changes rather than fighting them then it's very easy to adapt to the fast-paced environment.

IMPACT Branding & Design2020-01-23
  8. "IMPACT is Committed to Your Professional Success"

Current Employee - HubSpot Consultant in New Haven, CT

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time

Pros

This company strives each day to live out its organizational values: passion, helpfulness, and dependability. Working in an agency is not an easy job, but IMPACT will fully support you and ensure that you are set up for success.

Cons

The organization is agile and fast-moving. To succeed you need to be willing to embrace change and organizational restructuring.

IMPACT Branding & Design2019-11-08
  9. "A Unicorn Agency"

Current Employee - HubSpot Certified Trainer in Manchester, CT

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing culture and leadership. I started here 3 and a half years ago and have been so impressed by the growth and vision of this company. I don't say this lightly - it's been a privilege to be part of IMPACT's journey to where it is today.

Cons

It's an agency! Which means it's fast-paced, changes a lot, you'll likely be working with clients (or with co-workers who are dealing with clients) which always comes with its own set of challenges. However, you probably won't find a healthier, more enjoyable agency environment than IMPACT.

IMPACT Branding & Design2019-10-02
  10. "Better than any agency out there"

Current Employee - Principal Strategist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at IMPACT Branding & Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at IMPACT is such a breath of fresh air. After working at another agency, this company gets it! IMPACT actually treats their employees right, gives us opportunities to grow and listens to our feedback THEN they actually do something about it. Also, as a remote employee, I was worried that I would not feel like I was apart of the team. But that is not the case, I feel more a part of a team than I have at any other company.

Cons

We are making a shift in the structure which is hard and complex this has caused some people to leave and others grow annoyed. But this is a con that is being fixed. Being a remote employee I feel like we miss out on some of the benefits of being in the office. LIke the free pizza, gym membership and so on. But I guess that is the tradeoff of working from home.

IMPACT Branding & Design2019-02-15