Huntel Global Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Huntel Global Reviews

Updated Oct 5, 2018

3.5
Huntel Global Chairman Bill Pollock (no image)
Bill Pollock

"A very good working environment! Growing fast and really making an statement in the market."

I have been working at Huntel Global for less than a year

Pros

Very good management and team spirit. Always very positive and encouraging. Zero egos or arrogance. All working for each other and striving to achieve one thing. Company has big growth plans and will be a very strong force in the future.

Cons

Growing fast but lacking in some infrastructure and support

Advice to Management

Push to get more admin and infrastructure support so that we can do even better than we currently are. Keep up the great work.

Huntel Global2018-10-05

""If Work and Fun happens anywhere together...its here""

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Huntel Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive environment. Good and supportive team to work with. An environment supporting knowledge and learning. Good incentives

Cons

None. I could not get anything to mention here

Huntel Global2018-06-15

"A good place to grow with"

I worked at Huntel Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing business; Clear and workable business strategies; Profesional and efficiency practice; Great people and management; Location

Cons

Rooms to improve in marketing and branding.

Huntel Global2018-05-30

"Good place to work and grow. Great people."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at Huntel Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Huntel Global provides great platform for IT and Engineering recruiters. I worked with Huntel for close to 1.5 years and had the opportunity to work with some fantastic clients on varied positions. I would like to give a special shout out to the team at Huntel. Everyone is extremely helpful, courteous, approachable, professional - simply great. The main focus for all the recruiters is on providing top notch level... of service to not just the clients but also the candidates.

Cons

It is not the most technologically advanced place. There are no tools other than LinkedIn recruiter to help on a regular basis. Also, there are very few subject matter related trainings that are provided to the staff.

Advice to Management

I know that there are a lot of proposed changes and I feel they are all in the right direction. Please continue to bring around those changes and upgrades. Huntel has the talent and attitude to deliver and perform beyond expectations.

Huntel Global2018-05-02

"Ridiculously Great Place to Work - Amazing New Culture"

I have been working at Huntel Global full-time

Pros

The new leadership team is very open and transparent for change. All feedback is taken very seriously and is being implemented for the overall betterment of internal staff, candidates and clients. Great culture and team. Everyone is respectful and accommodating to each other. Nice work family. The overall business transformation of a legacy business is moving to

Cons

Old legacy reputation BUT there has been significant progress to change and respect our team.

Advice to Management

The new Huntel Global is taking shape. Strategic plan is being implemented and has buy in from the entire team and senior management. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to growth and expansion of the brand.

Huntel Global2018-04-25

"Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I worked at Huntel Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Experienced manager, access to good clients. Overall good place to work.

Cons

Nothing that they did not improve

Huntel Global2017-11-28

"Good Company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Huntel Global for less than a year

Pros

Professional co-workers, nice leaders, friendly working environment, convenient location, classic decorations. They have nice festival greeting gifts to employee. Culture is good.

Cons

The office is too dark, working system is not user friendly, working hours is a little bit too long.

Huntel Global2016-12-07

"Technical Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Resources Technologist, Qualified

I worked at Huntel Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

HR Process is good. Receptionist is friendly

Cons

horrible workplace. The promise that they have lots cllient requirements while majking an offer and make the person join. After that the recruiter is asked to make cold calls since the department has no work. Finally they let people go since they have no business.

Advice to Management

No clarity, false promises. They are degrading the name of drake

Huntel Global2016-06-30

"The new Huntel Glaobal"

I have been working at Huntel Global

Pros

I appreciate that an online venue such as Glass Door is available for people to express their thoughts and experiences regarding present and past employers. It 's often a great source of information for potential job seekers and can often be a catalyst for change within a company. That understood I make reference to the some of the negative experiences that people had posted regarding Huntel Global prior to... October 2014. In October of last year Huntel underwent a change in leadership. Since that time the environment has completely changed. The corporate culture now reflects a supportive, inclusive and respectful leadership team. A great place to work for sure.

Cons

Nothing to really speak of. The people are collaborative and mature.

Huntel Global2015-09-10

"Entrepreneurial Experience"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Huntel Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot of support from the team and management. Recruitment is a tough job and individuals who like to network and speak to others can do really well in this field. Management gave me tips and advice on how to speak with people of all levels and how to network efficiently and effectively. Working here has given me great insight into my interpersonal skills and has allowed me to grow my own contacts into a... great clientele base. The sky is the limit when it comes to making placements and the independence afforded to the consultants is a breath of fresh air. The leadership is non-micro management - if you are listening to the advice and requests of management. They stay out of your way if you show them you can do the job. This is greatly appreciated as I work best independently.

Cons

1) I came across a lot of internal gossip and bureaucracy. The MD is constantly under the gun from Drake for giving his staff internal incentives and perks, he gives back to his staff quite a bit and I for one am appreciative and I know it makes me work harder. 2) From the reviews posted I note the gossip continues..... Please let me enlighten you to the REAL working world: When your employer asks you to do... something and you promise results....you're supposed to provide said results. If you consistently come up empty handed or cannot provide any shred of evidence that you have done what was asked of you....than yes....you will get canned. There is no tough love, its just business. 3) For the record, I would like to say I am deeply ashamed as a woman that the individuals posting sexual harassment allegations are condemning the MD with such harmful and vindictive tactics. In my opinion, they have stooped very low as women "crying wolf" that the MD was harassing them. I do not believe you truly recognize the harm you have and can cause with such assertions and no proof. If you had experienced any of this (or in the future come across this), you should have immediately gone to HR, which is not the case. I have worked for this company for a year now and have never experienced such harassment. And as a young, female, business woman technically I should be a prime target. Yet here I am, unscathed and very happy with the opportunities afforded to me over the last year.

Advice to Management

I think it will be very difficult to bring individuals into this field unless they are already a recruiter or they are already in sales. The management is very open and many people are used to structure, training, and formal approaches. Recruitment in general seems to require individuals who are self-motivators, independent and very social (outstanding interpersonal skills). Adaptive and flexible personalities with... a take charge attitude. Don't listen to the reviews posted, there seems to be a lot of malice in those paragraphs.

Huntel Global2014-07-09