Humana Reviews

4.1
Humana President and CEO Bruce  D. Broussard
Bruce D. Broussard
1,838 Ratings
Pros
  • "The Work from home option is wonderful(in 636 reviews)

• "Work life balance , develop employees(in 242 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Health Insurance has high premium for employees(in 122 reviews)

• "upper management did not always have a great attitude or patience when it came to virtual trainings(in 101 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work life balance really needs encouragement from management

Jul 14, 2021 - Senior Accountant in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Develop employees. Great culture. Great I&D. Good pay. WAH options.

Cons

Work/life balance is awful. WAH means 10 - 11 hr days. Lunchtime meetings. I haven't been able to take a proper lunch break for 5 months. Burn out is normal. Taking vacation is considered a weakness. Too many black-out periods within one month. I have a 2 week black out every month - over half a year I cannot take vacay! Many in my dept have been known to accrue Short Term disability for not taking vacation - or they are getting close to it.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I’ve ever worked for!

Jul 23, 2021 - Care Management Support Assistant II in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top notch benefits. Good pay. Great 401k match. PTO and insurance start day 1. One hour wellness time every week. Supportive and diverse culture. Work at home. Endless resources.

Cons

Agents from different teams sometimes do things differently, would prefer it more uniform.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Would not recommend

Jul 3, 2021 - Billing and Enrollment Specialist in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The health insurance is okay. If your supervisor likes you, you will not do any work or your work will consist of off the phone tasks while everyone else is answering back to back calls.

Cons

To make a long story short, the workload is unbalanced. Favoritism rules this department. If you are a favorite you will not do work while everyone else is being overworked. They do not treat pregnant women fairly. I had a friend that was told she had to cancel her Dr appt when she was in her third trimester because they were busy. I had another friend that was fired because she missed work due to a close relative passing. They fire their best employees because the supervisors did not like them or the best workers left because they were being over worked while those that had favoritism on their side barely worked and were promoted. There is no work/life balance. The work culture is toxic and messy. They expect you to treat higher ups (techs, trainers, supervisors, etc.) with respect while they can talk to you any way. If you do not mind being over worked and made to do mandatory every day, apply. If you want to stay in the same position for years with no to little pay increase, apply. If you want to be criticized (quality review) with no accurate or positive corrective action, apply.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 4, 2021 - Pharmacy Transfer Technician III in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with Humana as a Pharmacy Technician for almost 2 years and they truly base your raise and promotion on your work ethic and performance. I worked for Walgreens for about 2 years as well and I had to FIGHT for a 10 cent raise, and I was literally handed a $8,000 raise in under a year due to my performance and dedication. I have no complaints about Humana at all, they treat their employees like royalty in my eyes, especially coming from a company like Walgreens.

Cons

Hard to move into a leadership position without a degree (associates or bachelors)

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Jul 21, 2021 - Senior Product Owner in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Humana has so many good things, I can't write them all down. Leadership, growing their talent, technology.

Cons

Red tape is still a thing at Humana. But it is getting better

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great benefits!

Jul 23, 2021 - Inbound Contacts Representative III
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and pay are great

Cons

Lots of OT during Annual Enrollment

7. 2.0

Frustration

Jul 6, 2021 - Software Engineer in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They’re allowing permanent remote work. There is an expectation of civility and decency here. I appreciate that hostile behaviors I’ve witnessed in the past would be a cause for termination at Humana. It feels safe here.

Cons

Poor work life balance. Remote work has only allowed my team to work much longer hours. Pay is well below market now that Silicon Valley firms are hiring nationwide for remote positions. Far too many meetings that should’ve been an email. Very inflexible work hours. Consistent disregard for proper engineering practices. Pervasive feelings of unfairness when comparing the workloads and results of different teams.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee

If you are a "Yes Man" type go for it...don't apply if you think outside the box

Jul 23, 2021 - Provider Engagement in Portland, ME
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, pay.not much more than that

Cons

Be prepared to be shut down and silenced if you have ideas that could improve business, provider, and member outcomes. Stay in your lane with blinders on if you plan on staying there any length of time. If you love micromanagement, suppression, monotony, and having to ensure you click and engage the computer every 59 seconds during the work day....this is the place for you. Performance is measured by computer time not outcomes and impacts made by provider relationship and member support.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Family Culture

Jul 22, 2021 - Director in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning atmosphere. Supports diversity and culture .

Cons

Hours can be long depending on the role.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place

Jul 22, 2021 - Customer Care in Baton Rouge, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome place to work in any position!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,245 Reviews