Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews about "credit card"
Updated Nov 30, 2021
Found 149 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
"Amazing culture and work life balance" (in 78 reviews)
"Employee discount even on sale items" (in 116 reviews)
"Always pressured to offer customers the credit card" (in 150 reviews)
"Work overload no work-life balance" (in 41 reviews)
What are your colleagues talking about?
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Hudson's Bay Company and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "credit card"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee★★★★★
Good place to workSept 21, 2021 - Sales Associate in Montreal, QCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people to work with Friendly management Not too much pressure put on employees to make sales Always possible to find someone to cover your shift since there are so many employees
Can be a bit tricky to sell credit cards
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Very toxic environmentNov 30, 2021 - Sales Associate in Prince George, BCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Some people were nice, I can't really think of a lot of good things to be honest
The hourly wage was not competitive, you end up doing way more things that what are in the contract and getting pay to do, the managers had no idea what they were doing or how to deal with problems, the veteran associates controlled, harassed and bullied new associates and management never seem to care or do anything about it, they only cared that you made people signed up to the store credit card, it never matter how much you worked, you could be a terrible seller, rude to customers, to co-workers, pretty much do anything you wanted but as long as you had a lot of credit card applications you were untouchable. Worst work environment i have ever worked at.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
DISHONESTAug 24, 2021 - Sales AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Nice team -Good management - Respectful
- You have to get the Hudson’s bay credit card to use your employee’s discount. That sounds like a scam to me. Otherwise, you won’t get anything. - they focus too much on credit cards. - they intentionally avoid saying important details when selling a credit card to a customer. Those details are important. They even prioritize tourists because they don’t know how finance works in Quebec and their rights. They don’t inform customers that it can literally influence their credit file ... they just say you’ll get 50% off when in reality you only get that for the first time registering for the credit card!!!! This card is not even accepted everywhere and in every store; mostly only Hudson’s bay and associates.
- Former Contractor, less than 1 year★★★★★
Good Holiday WorkJan 24, 2021 - Customer Service in Ottawa, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The music is pretty good sometimes; you get to see when all the good clothes go on sale.
Requires registering for their credit card; must be able to sell credit cards every day, on average; was not able to continue work after Christmas, despite good, well-received performance, because there weren't enough hours available; the dress code is somewhat formalContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Would never work there again...Jul 11, 2021 - Sales Associate in Ottawa, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great co-workers..... Lots of shifts Managers did't care if you are late since they don't know who is working - as long as they are making money
Worst management ever working there as a modern day slave No respect from Managers, Racism exist! If you think you get an employee discount... you don't unless you have their scam credit cardContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Not What You Expect!Jul 16, 2021 - Sales Associate in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good coworkers Hourly wage Employed Good atmosphere
Overwork and underpaid No employee discount unless you sign up for their Neo HBC credit card High turnover rate in certain departments Minimum wage No Health Benefits No Full time position unless you are managementContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★
Nice place to workAug 3, 2021 - Sales Associate in Markham, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Really nice people to work with - get discounts as an employee
- some customers are rude. - in order to get employee discounts need to apply for credit card.
- Former Employee★★★★★
Full time sales associate for men's wearJul 28, 2021 - Sales AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work independently in your zone Half and hour break for the full shift
Long hours standing Work in the weekend Up selling Hudson's Bay credit cards
- Former Employee★★★★★
ReviewJul 6, 2021 - Sales AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- good relationships with other staff
- forced to open credit cards - bad managementContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
DisappointmentFeb 21, 2021 - Sales Associate in Pointe-Claire, QCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible hours. They hire on the spot.
Poor management, terrible salary, favoritism. It is an old business model that has quite frankly ran out of style. Employers only care about their results without properly understanding the market and their target population. Managers daily harass sales staff about opening credit cards because seemingly these bring them more profit than daily sales. Avoid if possible.Continue reading