Howard, LLP Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Howard, LLP Reviews

Updated Oct 22, 2018

4.3
Howard, LLP CEO Jim Howard (no image)
Jim Howard
  1. "Excellent Organization"

Current Employee - Accountant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Howard, LLP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Howard, LLP is a progressive forward thinking company emphasizing the great benefit of continuing education for all employees. Howard, LLP values it's employees as the company's greatest assets and they are treated as such.

Cons

None. Howard LLP continues to improve its culture and company goals to meet the needs of today's talent pool.

Advice to Management

Keep up your employee focused management style and you will retain the best and brightest employees.

Howard, LLP2018-10-22

October 23, 2018Communications Director

Thank you! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at careers@howard-cpas.com.

2. "Associate"

I have been working at Howard, LLP full-time

Pros

There is a genuine, friendly environment full of knowledgeable people who are ready to help you!

Cons

If you are a workaholic who loves 80+hour work weeks, this is not the place for you!

Howard, LLP2018-09-10

September 17, 2018Communications Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience with our firm.

3. "Staff Accountant"

I worked at Howard, LLP

Pros

Howard, LLP has some really great employees that are enjoyable to be around, The Supervisors and Managers have the right amount of experience for their positions. The Company supports its staff with great technology and the Clients are great.

Cons

The Cons for Howard, LLP are mainly centered around the Compensation and Benefits. I think Management could be a bit more generous with sharing profits, other than to compensate for the time you work.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management would be to better recognize the contributions of all levels, not just the Managers and Partners.

Howard, LLP2016-03-25

June 14, 2016Communications Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. Our team is committed to continual improvement, and suggestions will be considered. If you would like to discuss your benefits and compensation package further, please email our human resources team member at karen.mead@howard-cpas.com.

4. "Learn a lot, but work significantly more hours than they tell you during the hiring process."

Current Employee - Tax Accountant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Howard, LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are opportunities for "bonuses" based on OT, but it's complicated to actually get them. Small company, with extremely intelligent coworkers. They take REALLY great care of the clients. You will learn A LOT in a short amount of time, and you get to work on all types of returns, not a specific form (i.e. just 1065s, or just 1040s), like at the Big 4.

Cons

There is no single person you report to, and everyone wants things done a different way. They tell you in the interview process that you won't have to work crazy hours like in Big 4 companies, but you still do. There is a lot of inter-office gossip. The pay is great if you're coming straight from college, but it's not really worth it for the number of hours you work and the stress you're put under. They "help you... out" with a discount on Becker to study for the CPA exam, but they don't pay for the course like a lot of other companies do. They reimburse you for the cost of the test AFTER you pass, but you pay up front.

Howard, LLP2014-09-05

August 1, 2018Communications Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. At Howard, we are committed to our success – both our client’s success and for our team members. And the firm is committed to helping our employees prepare for the CPA Exam and receive certification needed to succeed in an accounting career. We partner with the Becker CPA Exam Review program to provide assistance to our employees in studying for the CPA Exam, and employees of the firm qualify for taking the course at a significant savings and the cost is covered as a payroll deduction. When an employee passes all four sections of the CPA Exam using the Becker CPA Exam Review program, the firm will forgive the remaining loan balance as well as reimburse the employee for all tuition payments made to date for the original enrollment fee paid by the firm. Our associates are encouraged to provide further feedback via our human resources team member at karen.mead@howard-cpas.com.

5. "Great place to grow"

I have been working at Howard, LLP

Pros

Excellent place to see a wide range of career building scenarios. From the time I started until now, I've been able to handle entry-level problems and gradually increase my responsibility to where I now spend all my time on the more complex problems in my profession.

Cons

The organization has a flat structure, so promotions do not tend to come in the form that most would expect.

Howard, LLP2014-08-05

October 16, 2015Communications Director

6. "This place is a sweat shop that only cares about making money from the clients."

in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Howard, LLP

Pros

IT is an ok place while looking for other employment.

Cons

Rude managers, unresponsive, unappreaciative, abusive,demeaning.

Advice to Management

Realize that people do not HAVE to work for you and when they do, you DO NOT own them.

Howard, LLP2012-02-28

August 1, 2018Communications Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. From the top down, the key to our business is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. We strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. Our associates are encouraged to provide further feedback via our human resources team member at karen.mead@howard-cpas.com.

Found 6 reviews