Found 513 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and discounts it was awesome back in the day when hottopic was one of a kind rock store" (in 136 reviews)
- "great coworkers to work with and friendly" (in 120 reviews)
- "Fun work environment and coworkers" (in 53 reviews)
- "Great benefits even for part" (in 52 reviews)
- "Great employees Friendly customers Easy to do" (in 36 reviews)
- "The pay is low and you only get a good amount of hours to actually pay bills if you are upper level management." (in 275 reviews)
- "Poor management and HR." (in 111 reviews)
- "No hours to work with." (in 86 reviews)
- "manager can be rude and a downer sometimes." (in 72 reviews)
- "bad upper management, they don't care about their workers" (in 59 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Hot Topic and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "low pay"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0May 27, 2017Part Time Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsFriendswood, TX
The team was fantastic to work with and management was trying their hardest. Was a great place to learn sales methods and various marketing techniques as well.
Corporate was difficult to work with and some of the expectations were completely ridiculous. The pay as management was not competitive and the company tries to pay as little as possible to the teams. The corporate does not seem to care much for the teams in the store past the district managers
- 5.0Jun 8, 2022Retail Store ManagerCurrent Employee
Culture is great, community is great. Supportive, understanding and personable DM. This past few years have been hard with the pandemic and ongoing changes, but the I believe the company acts in good faith for the well-being of the staff and not just the business. The bulk of my frustration lately has come from the back and forth and disorganization due to staffing issues across the company. But this will pass.
Pay is adequate but I believe should be higher for the workload put on store staff