What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and discounts it was awesome back in the day when hottopic was one of a kind rock store" (in 132 reviews)
- "great coworkers to work with and friendly" (in 119 reviews)
- "Fun work environment and coworkers" (in 56 reviews)
- "Great benefits even for part" (in 56 reviews)
- "Great employees Friendly customers Easy to do" (in 38 reviews)
- "The pay is low and you only get a good amount of hours to actually pay bills if you are upper level management." (in 270 reviews)
- "Poor management and HR." (in 113 reviews)
- "very little hours towards part time no matter promised" (in 82 reviews)
- "manager can be rude and a downer sometimes." (in 72 reviews)
- "bad upper management, they don't care about their workers" (in 58 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Hot Topic and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 66 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sept 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "dress code"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Aug 26, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBoynton Beach, FL
Laid back attitude and a lot of freedom with dress code.
Many of the employees are in-experience or not involved1
- 1.0Dec 16, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCity of Industry, CA
- Casual work encironment including casual dress code. - Open concept work space. - Privately owned so no drama of publicity and public stock appeasement.
- Lack of direction - Lack of innovative environment - Lack of ownership and responsibility - Any issue is always some one elses mistake. Reeks of very dangerous work ethics. - As with any dying company total lack of employee training programs - Bonus only on paper. - Unstable C suite. - Employees who are able to get oppurtunities elsewhere are jumping ship at all levels and those who cannot are the ones mostly staying back - Loud music across office - Dusty desks (everyday)6