Hootsuite Consultant Solutions Reviews

Updated Sep 28, 2019

Hootsuite CEO Tom Keiser
Tom Keiser
0 Rating

"All-around a fair and interesting work environment"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Hootsuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Before I go on, quick note: everything varies team to team, leader to leader. If you're considering working at Hootsuite, I strongly recommend speaking to a few people currently on the team you're interested in joining. -Flexible work culture: Employees are trusted to fulfill their responsibilities on their own accord. Work times, locations, and approach can all be molded to your lifestyle. This of course varies team-team though. I also felt that most colleagues were relatively easy-going. -Collaborative: Generally, in my experience, teams are collaborative and open to cross-silo input. -Room for Creativity: Despite Hootsuite's size, there are processes that are lacking or outdated. As such, there's room to shape the role that you're in and bring new ideas forward. I never felt beholden to a certain approach to anything. -Interesting Product, Ecosystem, and Partners: Hootsuite is so much more than the simple social media scheduling tool you may know about. There's several modules within the enterprise platform, multiple partners to resell, and 200+ tech ecosystem integrations - all of which make selling and supporting Hootsuite intellectually more interesting than you may think. Broad Scale: Hootsuite has an impressive footprint across small, medium, and large businesses, across multiple verticals. This helps reduce monotony in sales + service roles.

Cons

While I really enjoyed working at Hootsuite, every pro listed above does come with a downside. Product Strategy: The product direction can be spread between to SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise needs. It's challenging to do anything particularly unique with that broad of a focus. Visibility = Work Quality: At times, it feels like the ability to sell your work internally is equally important to the actual work that you do. There's so much happening at all times, so you do need to invest time into internal visibility in order to gain recognition and respect internally. As such, there can be unintentional bias against introverts or employees that don't focus on this. This could just be a reality in larger companies though (I came from smaller companies <100 people where the internal schmoozing / selling was as necessary). Pace: While the business is still growing, it's no longer in hyper-growth mode. If you're looking for something extremely fast paced, this isn't it.

Continue reading
  2. "Hootsuite provides a huge amount of opportunity - don't be passive go and grab it"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hard work and high performance is recognized and rewarded - 4 promotions in just under 3 years this is not a place where you have to "put your time in" - a meritocracy through and through. Great work culture - working with a dynamic and enthusiastic workforce has benefits far outreaching the workplace. As a recent immigrant to the country and city of Vancouver I have made several great friends working for this company. Growth - As a rapidly growing company in a dynamic industry - many opportunities for learning and professional development present themselves. Recent improvement to the HR package regarding medical coverage and holidays which are basically industry leading in Canada.

Cons

Can be unsettling working in such a changing environment both from an industry and organizational standpoint as we adapt to those changing environments. However I choose to view this as exciting and I find change presents opportunity.

Continue reading

"Solutions Consultant"

4.0
    Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Hootsuite

Pros

Unmatched exposition to various technologies, due to ecosystem

Cons

Too much discrepancies between regions in terms of process

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews