Find jobs for Customer Success Manager

0 Rating

"Good"

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time

Pros

Small company ideals with a growing big company mindset.

Cons

None that I can easily think of just yet - it's a tough time for businesses globally and with that, Hootsuite is fairing well. Good choices the leadership has made in the past has us weathering the storm well.

"Product lacking cohesiveness"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people that are also quite capable of being client partners in guiding them to maximize their Hootsuite investment.

Cons

The product itself lacks polish and "common sense" engineering. Product teams work in silos which creates a user experience that is incohesive. Lots of instability within the management group which creates an unstable environment for the employees.

3. "People are great, But unclear of company direction"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time

Pros

- Fun people, and the Toronto office is great

Cons

- Lack of leadership and vision

"Customer Success Associate"

Current Employee - Customer Success Associate in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual working environment and dog friendly office with flexibility when needing to work from home.

Cons

Hootsuite has a lot of Cliques

"Customer Success"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is great, culture is great, a lot of opportunities to be heard and for growth within company

Cons

Product struggles and then accountability falls on the CSM to deal with it, not a lot of coherent strategy across organization, changes all the time

Continue reading

"The name of the game is hustle!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very strong company culture that is spoken about all the time but until you work here you don't realize how much it affects you day in and day out in the most positive of ways. You actually enjoy your work. From your business decisions to your reviews to how you conduct yourself on internal Facebook it's truly amazing to see how our culture is actively formed, discussed and evolving. You have the ability to speak freely and actually shape the culture. The thing is you have the ability to do whatever you want at Hootsuite. Whether that's do nothing and wait for something to happen to you or whether that's to send a global email to run a program - it's completely up to you. People who can take advantage of that and who can take initiative do well. People who wait for instructions and complain about things that are entirely in their control to change do not do well. We recently had an incident where yes our CEO as you may already have heard sent a prank number to a male reporter. Those who work with him or know him know that it was a genuine mistake with long standing repercussions but what evolved from that internally is honestly quite special and made us all feel even stronger about the fact that we work at an amazing workplace and for an amazing CEO. We are close knit and think the outcome of it internally brought us all closer together as a company. A lot of ownership and heartfelt sentiment internally with a measure to do better moving forward not just in our dialogue but in our actions. We had honest and open discussions and I couldn't be prouder to work with a team that may stumble but constantly strives to be better every single day. It's easy to point fingers from outside or as a new hire but I work with a lot of people who really care, are super honest and radical and speak their minds. It's not a koolaid drinking company any longer. We have a lot of people that are in it to win it and are here to go the distance. Amazing leadership team. Executives are some of the best, most caring and personally involved in their team I've ever seen. They truly care and are invested in their team. When it comes to female diversity it's been great to see C level like Traci Mercer, Kirsty Traill who's brilliant, Penny Wilson who has an amazing mind, Candice Pederson, Dipti EMEA, Elizabeth for community, Leila one of the best CSM's, Crystal and Gillian in APAC, Susan Perry, Ashley Penning, Lara, Karolina, Michelle, Niamh in UK, strong females all across the globe and very tight knit globally. Coffee syncs and coffee chats are a great way to reach out to anyone from C level to someone across the globe. Everyone is very open to meeting you just need to put something in their calendar and you have the opportunity to pick some of the best minds in the business over coffee. #Randomcoffee also very cool way to get to know people in the company and connect with different departments via internal coffee match up system. Read a review complaining about the amount of work. This is a tech company, you get recognized and paid with bonuses or RSU's and promotions if you work hard. If you want a 9-5 where you clock in at 8:59 and clock out at 4:59 this isn't the job for you. My boss has never told me to stay late or expected me to have an email read at 11pm. Working hours are 100% respected but you have your own book of business and your own work to manage. I essentially make my own hours if you work really hard one evening you come in a little late the next morning or you work from home - that's called real life. You get what you have to do done. Great opportunities to work from different offices across the globe as well and save some vacation time if needed.

Cons

Some newcomers have heard of Hootsuite but think its a place where you can just come and drink beer on the roof instead of actually having to work. They often find it hard to adjust the perception they had in their mind and haven't worked long enough with the company to realize we are still growing and expect everything to be done for them rather than them using their own brains or initiative to get things done. They usually don't last long and then leave bitter reviews! Those newbies aside the only con is our HR team that don't focus on internal candidates globally enough. People have been given visas or are looking to stay permanently but HR does not do anything to help facilitate the next step. Employees often waiting till a week before having to move countries before realizing if they get to keep working with the company or not. Employee completely on their own for securing their next position regardless of seniority. Seen it happen to a few friends who had come into Canada on visas but luckily they were able to get PR. HR did not help or help move to different offices where they could have worked.

Continue reading
  7. "Customer Success review"

Customer Success in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Hootsuite

Pros

Great collaboration as a team, and fantastic team ethos.

Cons

Very challenging with lots of competitive pressures and aggressive expansion plans.

"Great people and team, dynamic work"

Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Hootsuite

Pros

Hootsuite has great people, and one of the main things you'll hear about it is that it has a great/fun/vibrant culture. This is all true; what that means isn't just beers on Friday and dogs and ping pong in the office (but we do have those), but a really solid group of people who come in to work every day looking to make a positive difference in our customers' businesses. I love working on the Customer Success team for a variety of reasons. First is back to those great people; I've never had a group of colleagues this smart and fun to be around before. When I started on the team I was blown away by how welcoming everyone was and also how generous everybody was with their time. Almost 2 years later this is still the case, we are an extremely collaborative team. I love the fact that we are given a ton (tonne?) of autonomy to get our jobs done, I'm never micro-managed, but am fully supported when I need extra resources. The work itself is extremely rewarding; I get to work with some exceptional customers and work to help them achieve their social and business goals. Being someone who is motivated by forging strong relationships, I was very motivated from the start by our mission of empowering organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships. I started on the team in a junior role, and was able to work with my manager's support to achieve both my team/business goals and my personal development goals over my first year. I was promoted into the job I wanted from the time I started, and was given the support and resources to achieve this in a reasonable amount of time. If you're reading this, this probably comes off as a gushing review, maybe overly so. Bottom line; I love working here, it's the best role I've ever had, and working at Hootsuite has put me on a path where I know I'm in the right career for my goals, values, and what gets me excited to come to work.

Cons

Vancouver is a tricky city to afford at times, so increased pay would be welcome as the company matures. We are in a very dynamic industry, and that leads to time-pressure to innovate and huge demands on our product team. It feels like we are pushing really hard for new features sometimes, and it can be hard to feel like we're not coming through for a customer when a new set of features or functionality isn't coming fast enough for them. All that said, our forward product roadmap looks great, and inter-departmental communication (e.g. Customer Success to Product) has been massively improved with the switch to Facebook@Work (aka Facebook Workplace) this year.

"....."

Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Hootsuite for more than a year

Pros

Great looking offices and dog friendly.

Cons

Pay well below grade with lots of micro management by supervisors.

"It's a scam."

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Hootsuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

The brand looks good on your resume It's fun

Cons

Low pay Weak leadership Outdated, faulty and poorly designed products Zero career development. Very flat org chart with simulated promotions. Promotions are 100% based on social relationships Very unprofessional environment Lack of transparency Lots of gossiping A lot of incompetent people are decision makers or are in influential roles No performance evaluation = no reward/recognition New executives against the company's fraternity environment

Found 18 reviews