HomeServe UK Employee Reviews about "walsall"

Updated Dec 19, 2019

4.3
HomeServe UK CEO Greg Reed
Greg Reed
Pros
  • "Just a great place to work, great product and great culture(in 75 reviews)

• "The professional manner the Senior Management team at Homeserve handled the impact of Covid19(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that I can think of(in 36 reviews)

• "Based on the outskirts of Walsall(in 28 reviews)

Reviews about "walsall"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Feel part of a family"

Current Employee - Quality Checker in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Networking - There are a lot of great people here who genuinely have time for you and your progression. I have never had an issue booking time in with Senior Managers, Heads of Departments and even the CEO, who is more than happy to put time in for those that want it. Development - Offer apprenticeship/leadership programs Exciting - Still after 20 years, we are still coming up with new ideas to take the business forward Quarterly Catch ups with seniors - can see how the business is getting on Charity work - I am proud we do so much for so many different charities Free Car Park

Cons

Canteen/food prices have gone too high recently The Walsall building (Ryder) needs a full refurbish. Being on the phone is very stressful and queues can get out of control sometimes

Continue reading
  2. "A company in growth mode with a focus on it's People at the core"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

A real effort to place the employees at centre of the company Opportunities for development and advancement provided in the Career Development Hub All employees empowered to do what is right for the customer Frequent and transparent communication from the leadership team including the CEO Diverse team Strong benefits package

Cons

Perhaps the Walsall site could do with a revamp - but Nottingham and Preston have recently been done so maybe Walsall is next?! In any case, only a minor grumble!

3. "The Improvement Continues"

Current Employee - Partnerships in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The service Customers are receiving has never been better, and with new systems to come online, and when bedded in, this will further improve. The Trustpilot score is now 4.5/5 which the Partners of HomeServe really value, because they are entrusting their own brand and Customers in the service. The culture is centred around doing the right thing for Customers and Colleagues, if you buy in to this, there can be lots of opportunities for career development.

Cons

The HQ is in Walsall, commuting to the office can be sometimes challenging due to the M6/junction 10.

October 1, 2019UK CEO

Thanks for your review and you are right, we aim to never stop improving, it's one of our People Promises!

4. "Great Opportunities if you put the work in"

Current Employee - Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The great this about HomeServe is the opportunities is gives its staff. From Marketing, IT, Finance there's no place a call centre handler cannot go if they put the work in. HomeServe likes to promote from within and thats clearly evident when you see the amount of middle management that were once on the phones. There are some great technology changes over the next year or so that are going to change the company and make it an even better place to work.

Cons

Some of the offices in Walsall could so with updating to meet the standards of the newly refurbished offices in Nottingham & Preston.

September 25, 2019HomeServe team

We're really proud of being part of a culture that encourages our People to move around the business and our career hub and career path frameworks means all the information you need is accessible and easy to understand. As you have said, there's no place you can't go, if you put the work in! On your other point, we are constantly looking at ways we can improve all our sites, if you have a suggestion or something particular in mind then start a conversation on Yammer or drop a note to our estate team. Thanks for leaving a review!

5. "A busy enjoyable place to work"

Current Employee - Head of Category in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Customer focussed organisation, where your ideas are listened to & you are encouraged to speak to Management Great development & promotion opportunities in comparison to other companies I've worked Flexible working allowing school runs, plays etc to be fitted in around work

Cons

Walsall office is tired in comparison to some of the other offices Always lots going on, which can sometimes be seen as a pro or a con

6. "A fantastic place to further your career in a fast paced Customer & People focused culture"

Current Employee - Director of in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- People and Customer Focused - A passionate and vibrant work force - Clear progression and support for you to fulfil your career aspirations - Flexibility - Transparency of reward and recognition for strong performance - Access to decision makers - Autonomy and ownership - Passionate, visionary and accessible CEO supported by strong a strong Exec.

Cons

Walsall Head office is in desperate need of a makeover, so it's a fairly dated/ tired working environment (particularly one of the buildings). It isn't reflective of the culture and passion of those working there . Other sites like Nottingham look fantastic.

Continue reading
  7. "Great Place To Work - Great People, Culture and Customer Service"

Current Employee - Partnerships Team in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at HomeServe for nearly 4 years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. We have a great culture which encourages our people to care about each other, do the right thing for our Customers and creates an inclusive workplace. Our Customer service has never been better and the significant investment in new systems will help us continue to improve.

Cons

The Walsall site could do with some upgrading to match the the Preston and Nottingham sites which are fantastic

8. "Great place"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great leaderships team and care for employees

Cons

Based on the outskirts of Walsall

Continue reading
  9. "Every day is different, I love it"

Current Employee - Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Constant change and lots of great projects to get involved in. The people who work hard, get stuff done, keep positive and drive change succeed here. I’m four years in doing a job I would never have dreamed I would get and every day is different. We really look after everyone. We genuinely whole heartedly care for our Customers.

Cons

The change and challenge is relentless, which some people don’t excel or cope well in. Those people can be blockers or slow things down. But it’s good to see that the Exec seem better at spotting this and acting on it now. The catering provision, toilets and general environment in Walsall needs investment its tired, the cleaners, catering staff and facilities team do an amazing job but we need to spend money on upgrades.

April 11, 2019HomeServe UK Response

Thanks for your great review, HomeServe is a place that continues to thrive and be excited by change!

10. "HomeServe"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people. Embedded culture of doing the right thing for Customers Flexibility

Cons

Facilities in Walsall need improving. Poor Toilets, low quality conference equipment. Location. Junction 10 is one of the busiest parts of the M6

Found 28 reviews