HomeServe UK Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated Jul 1, 2020

Found 83 of over 921 reviews

3.9
HomeServe UK CEO John Kitzie
John Kitzie
Pros
  • "Just a great place to work, great product and great culture(in 75 reviews)

• "The professional manner the Senior Management team at Homeserve handled the impact of Covid19(in 55 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Based on the outskirts of Walsall(in 28 reviews)

• "Lack of understanding of what goes on day-to-day from senior management(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

People first

Jul 1, 2020 - Plumber in Preston, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work I've been here 6 years and have been given opportunity after opportunity I have gone from working in an office to now having a trade behind me all courtesy of homeserve. I now work in the plumbing side of things out in the field. There have been ups and downs with my health throughout the 3 years I've been plumbing, and the pressures of the current climate with covid youd think it would be much harder. But they have supported me 100% and put me and my health first, I am still working but from home within the restrictions of my health, so I dont have to go off sick. They look after their people and have proved this throughout the tough months we've had not only as a business but as a country.

Cons

I cant think of any

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Homeserve

Oct 2, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Walsall, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been an employee with Homeserve for over 10 years and having come back after a little break from the business I can see lots of improvements in the overall culture of the company and the drive of its employees. Homeserve has a totally customer centric approach in everything that it does and prides itself on making the journey as effortless as possible for its customers. I feel we have great leadership and support from our CEO who always has a positive and passionate approach towards the company and i do believe he has really helped to change the face of Homeserve to what it is today. I feel we are lucky to be in organisation which has a inspirational leader who is always happy to give us his support and time. Homeserve is a really great place to work and offers a very family friendly environment . We all are a big family who have sincere passion and dedication towards the company and wanting it to succeed. The company offers alot of rewards and benefits and alongside handwork there is always room for career progression. I have also used the service myself and had a great experience and feel proud to work for a company that provides such excellent service to its customers and support to its employees. ## proud to work for Homeserve ##

Cons

Not really a downsight but to get the best out of this company you need to be engaged and give your 100% in order to achieve personal success as well as success for the company.

UK CEO

Thanks for leaving your review and we're glad to have you back on board! You're right, our Customers absolutely come first and that runs through everything we do. We believe really strongly that everyone is responsible for their own success and have put lots of things in place like our Career Hub and Career Path Framework to help our People reach their full potential so hopefully you are taking advantage of everything that is available!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

made to feel welcome from day 1

Jun 22, 2020 - Telephone Sales Surveyor in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly helpful encouraging supporting rewarding

Cons

nothing that would stop me recommending Homeserve as a great place to work

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Customer service and great working culture

Sep 27, 2019 - Finance in Walsall, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The working culture of Homeserve is like a family. The people are great. Homeserve care about the customers. Customer satisfaction is more important than profit. Finally we have a great CFO who really cares about his team no matter what level you are working at. He makes the effort to talk to you when you are walking past and treats us all equally. Have never felt this comfortable around such a senior person before. My direct manager is also great and has supported me in my career progression. Overall Homeserve is a great place to work. I have been recognised for the work I do by winning many awards.

Cons

Resource Planning - To many redundancies Senior managers make decisions not realising how it will affect staff who have worked extremely hard.

UK CFO

Thanks for your review! I hope that together we can continue to build on our "family culture". I understand your perspective on the "cons" you mention. I can assure you that we do think very carefully about any changes we make and to try to get things right.. but that doesn't mean that we always do. On your advice to management - we invested a significant effort over the last 12 months to increase the consistency in our pay and compensation and this included benchmarking of every role against the external market and making adjustments where pay "wasn't fair". If you have any personal concerns then please grab me for a chat.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Team Great Culture

May 27, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Just a great place to work, great product and great culture. Senior Leadership really care

Cons

Not really that I can think of

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent place to work if you want to work hard and contribute

Mar 27, 2019 - Head of Finance in Walsall, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

HomeServe is a great place to work - the culture really is very people focused. The company looks after its people, and as a result our People look after our Customers. The senior management team really promote our Customer and our People Promises - more so than any other company I have worked for. You can really see how the work you are doing contributes to achieving the company's goals. There's always new ideas and you can get involved in a variety of projects which means that there is always a lot to do! There's lots of opportunities to develop your career across a variety of departments and this allows you to learn new skills.

Cons

The company is going through a prolonged period of change and this won't suit everyone. If you're someone who likes the status quo where every day is the same, HomeServe is not for you. The organisation is always seeking growth opportunities and this makes it very exciting - but it does mean that things don't stand still. You need to keep up with the pace of the organisation.

HomeServe UK Response

Thanks for the great review especially your feedback on the positive impact of our People and Customer Promises has had on our culture.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Aug 8, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Walsall, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Homeserve is a great place to work its very flexible around work and family life and the shift pattern works perfect so i can lead a balanced life. The people make the company so everyone who works here is really friendly and its like a big family where everyone is looking out for each other to ensure we are all here for the business from the front line staff to the very top

Cons

Homeserve is a good place to work however there are always some ways to improve so we can continue to make the work place effortless to ensure we can always improve as we strive to be the best we can to get to our business goals

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A vibrant and addictive place to work!

Nov 19, 2019 - Director of Reward and Benefits in Walsall, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture driven from the Executive Team, massive focus on Customer and People Ability as a senior leader to drive the agenda and get involved in all aspects of business

Cons

Not all managers are conveying our Culture, we must be relentless in ensuring we continue to be a great place to work

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Best Company I have ever worked for

Jul 3, 2019 - Customer Service Manager in Walsall, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is so much opportunity here for people who have a strong work ethic and you are definitely encouraged to progress and develop within the business. I moved from being a part time advisor following maternity leave to customer service manager with a little stint in Learning & Development in between all in the 6 years that I worked there. They have a wonderful 'home from home' culture and really and truly have an engaged workforce because people, as a whole, do feel valued. **Advice to current employee's** After a bad day/week/month, don't look for other opportunities elsewhere. In my experience, the grass is NEVER greener and you'll still be regretting leaving 5 years later!

Cons

Absolutely nothing! great place to work

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lack of Job Security

Aug 14, 2019 - Customer Service Agent in Banbury, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Homeserve in general is a great place to work, however it is the people that make you want to come into work not the actual job itself. Since being at Homeserve I have made life long friends.

Cons

HOWEVER a large amount of redundancies have happened or are going to happen in the coming months. The chiefs at the top of the tier have decided to close their plumbing and drainage department in Banbury and transfer to Nottingham. Make over 100 people redundant. I understand this is a business decision to benefit Homeserve financially however Homeserve have not thought of the bigger picture. Colleagues who still have jobs (for now) are left under trained and picking up masses of additional work when they already have too much to deal with. It will take at least Homeserve 12 months to recover as a business, as a result of their lack of preparation and apparently “for the best” business decision.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

I've been made redundant before so I understand your perspective. The only thing I would disagree with in your review is that this decision is only financially driven. The Operations team believe in the long run that having one deployment centre for the business using our new systems will provide better service for our Customers. I don't disagree that the People in Banbury are talented and that the new team in Nottingham will take time to come up to speed. I'm also happy that over 10% of the Banbury team will be relocating as they provide much needed experience. Thanks for sharing your views and best of luck in the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Reviews