HomeServe UK Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2020

4.3
HomeServe UK CEO Greg Reed
Greg Reed
Pros
  • "Just a great place to work, great product and great culture(in 73 reviews)

• "Internal communication channels enable anybody to engage, with senior management willing to discuss difficult issues directly(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that I can think of(in 36 reviews)

• "Based on the outskirts of Walsall(in 28 reviews)

1. "Good employer"

Former Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in Preston, North West England, England

I worked at HomeServe UK part-time

Pros

Parking, free policy, good management, friendly people, good values

Cons

Shift Patterns Holiday booking Kpi To much to do on a call Made to feel you are not doing your best

2. COVID-19

"People first"

Current Employee - Plumber in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work I've been here 6 years and have been given opportunity after opportunity I have gone from working in an office to now having a trade behind me all courtesy of homeserve. I now work in the plumbing side of things out in the field. There have been ups and downs with my health throughout the 3 years I've been plumbing, and the pressures of the current climate with covid youd think it would be much harder. But they have supported me 100% and put me and my health first, I am still working but from home within the restrictions of my health, so I dont have to go off sick. They look after their people and have proved this throughout the tough months we've had not only as a business but as a country.

Cons

I cant think of any

Continue reading
  3. "Something special about the culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There's definitely something special about the culture at HomeServe. People are passionate about their work and delivering the best possible outcome for the customer. We work well together as teams within Marketing and we're going through a new structure which will make the function work even better. Everyone pulls together to get the job done.

Cons

Still work to be done on promoting BAME employees and the number of women/BAME in senior roles needs addressing. Although steps have been put in place to tackle these, the progress is slow. Hours are longer than other businesses and pay/benefits are less

HomeServe UK Response

July 2, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our D&I Networks are working really hard to continue to make improvements, and we'll never stop striving to make HomeServe as inclusive as it can be, for everyone. If you're not already part of a network then please, join up, the bigger our networks are, the faster we can find out what changes need to be made and get working on them. Everyone really is welcome. On the pay and benefits comment, we have so many opportunities available, to grow and develop your career and are confident our benefits are second to none. It might be worth making sure you are absolutely aware of everything that's open to you, visit People Serve, or get in touch with our Pay and Benefits team.

4. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Coaching Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with HomeServe for over 13 years now and couldn't think of a better place to work. The People really do make it, you feel part of a huge family and no matter who you are or at what level you work, everyone has time for each other and all the Senior Managers have an open door policy. There is plenty of opportunity for Development and Career progression so as long as you work hard and live our People values you will be able to carve out an excellent career at HomeServe.

Cons

None I give HomeServe 10/10

5. COVID-19

"HomeServe is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Head of Estates in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is without a doubt, hard work and full on but we are very well rewarded for our commitment and loyalty. I truly believe we look after our People and customers to the highest degree living by our promises. Since the onslaught of COVID-19, HomeServe has really shown its metal in a crisis. Within 3 weeks; • thousands of people working from home • emergency jobs still being completed when safe to so • a collection and delivery service for IT equipment and furniture in place to support our home workers. The communications supplied from the SLT before and throughout the lock down continue to be excellent, its keeping everyone informed of what is happening and what support is out there for our People that maybe struggling during this difficult time! HomeServe donated to a local homeless charity to help get people off the streets and supported the NHS with free emergency cover during the crisis. Not only that; • no one has been furloughed or made redundant • training and other opportunities have been offered to our People to up skill our People • everyone got their bonus! This exemplifies how great HomeServe is to work for and for me, it’s not a great place to work, it a fantastic place to work!! This crisis has shown if we pull together we can achieve great things!! Great Job HomeServe!!

Cons

None, HomeServe have excelled this year, again!

6. COVID-19

"Brilliant place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been at HomeServe for nearly 13 years, based at the Walsall site from Day 1. There are lots of different opportunities available here. All the Senior managers and Execs are very supportive. We have a brilliant culture here where the company treats everyone equally. The company remains very committed towards our People, Customers and especially NHS staff during COVID 19 crisis. I absolutely love working at HomeServe.

Cons

I really can't find any!

7. COVID-19

"A caring business that provides challenge and opportunity"

Current Employee - Head of Recruitment in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been at HomeServe for 11 years and progressed my career in a number of roles. I now have the privilege of bringing new talent into the organisation. HomeServe is a strong and profitable business that has weathered the storm well in the current Covid crisis, providing security and reassurance to employees (no one has been furloughed). The environment is fast paced and often demanding but there is genuine care for the well being of both employees and customers, to a degree I have not seen before in any other business.

Cons

I really can't think of any. It really is a special place to work. I wouldn't have been here for 11 years otherwise!

Continue reading
  8. "Amazing Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Complaint Executive in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- The company is fast based and keeps you motivated. There are many tasks/projects to get involved in, both within your job role and out (if you choose to do so) - Strong communication from all levels of the business. People are kept informed about the current business situation and the future aims/visions - All levels of staff sit within an open floor building which creates a “one team” culture and makes everyone approachable - There are many opportunities available to everyone but especially those who work for them. Work hard and you will be rewarded in a variety of ways - The CEO promotes a strong, positive culture which filters through the rest of the business - People are left and are trusted to complete their duties without any micro-management. If support is required, this is widely available - The company dispels the usual stereotypes that can come with a business that offers insurance products. This positive culture is fed through to the non-insurance functions of the business - There are many benefits that are offered at a wide range including financial, health, well being, career progression - It is actively encouraged at all levels to provide feedback where the business can improve. Based on the positive, friendly culture, it is unlikely that someone would be uncomfortable with raising an issue or offering a better way of working - There are a wide range of facilities, e.g. breakout areas, prayer room, cycle racks, self-serve food outlets, hot food canteens and many more - The CEO has an open door policy and everyone knows how to arrange a 1-2-1 with him should they want feedback, guidance, advice or just a general chat - The company has diverse workforce. This can make it more of an interesting place to work. Discussing with colleagues about their experiences, faiths, cultures can be interesting and educational. These can be often discussed when the business celebrates many different calendar events - The company has the right balance when it comes to setting expectations within roles. There is not too much “pressure” where it is stressful but also not too little where it makes People no longer motivated. It is difficult to get this right but doing so keeps People happy - All good companies make mistakes and will have a complaints department to accommodate this. However, given I have worked in this department for 8 years, it speaks volumes that I see many strong and positive things happening on a daily basis

Cons

- Although there is good selection of food available in the canteens, I think opportunities are being missed to make this go from good to great - It is rare this happens, however, management should create processes/changes based on what IS happening as opposed to what they think is happening

9. "Good company"

Former Employee - HVAC Apprentice

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is consistent and good management

Cons

Need to work on the their it equipment

10. COVID-19

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Head of Human Resources in Leeds, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, everyone feels valued and fairly rewarded and the Company responded wonderfully during Covid 19 putting employees and customers first

Cons

There are no cons to working at HomeServe

Found 812 reviews