Hoffman York Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Hoffman York Reviews

Updated Jan 30, 2020

3.9
Hoffman York CEO Troy Peterson (no image)
Troy Peterson
  1. "New Location, New Culture"

Current Employee - Creative Director in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Hoffman York full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The culture here has done an 180 since we moved into our new location. Great people and great work.

Cons

Our agency kegerator runs out of beer a lot.

Hoffman York2020-01-30
  2. "Incredibly inviting work atmosphere, would recommend to anyone wanting to pursue advertising!"

Current Employee - Media Coordinator in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Hoffman York full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed, inviting, open, friendly, wide variety of clients

Cons

Work hours can be long depending on workload

Hoffman York2020-01-31
  3. "Wonderful Workplace"

I have been working at Hoffman York full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's easy to tell that those who work at Hoffman York are passionate about their clients, the work the agency does for their clients, and overall employee satisfaction within the agency. The people are what makes the agency, and there is a great group of people who come to work each and every day to make Hoffman York an enjoyable place.

Cons

At times communication between the upper management and the staff could be improved.

Hoffman York2019-02-18

"Great Culture"

I have been working at Hoffman York full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and clients are awesome. They really care about employee health and happiness, which is uncommon in most companies. There are also growth opportunities for all experience levels!

Cons

Employee reviews from managers are supposed to happen but are not as frequent as they are supposed to be.

Hoffman York2018-04-17

"Account Service"

I have been working at Hoffman York full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The agency has always been dedicated to providing great service, strategy, and creative to their clients. But the split from the Chicago office, has reinvigorated Hoffman York. Employees are dedicated to make HY a great place to work! Each account is built to provide mentorship to more junior employees and all levels of management - including the CEO - are easily accessible. HY looks to grow their clients and their people.

Cons

The overall agency visions has been slow to be executed. Progress seems to slowly be picking up over the last few months.

Hoffman York2018-02-01

"Heading in the right direction"

I have been working at Hoffman York full-time

Pros

Things seem to be heading in the right direction since the sale of Chicago.

Cons

Sometimes communication feels a bit disjointed. The new office is great, but there is still a lot going of work being done which can be distracting.

Hoffman York2017-07-05
  7. "Review"

I worked at Hoffman York full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hear they have a new office

Cons

Provide more growth opportunities for creatives, as well as training seminars, conferences, team building activities. Creative teams were not unified, very competitive. Creative direction and strategy was always too safe.

Hoffman York2017-06-20

"Splitting from our Chicago office..."

Current Employee - Associate Creative Director in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Hoffman York full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Splitting from our Chicago office was the best thing Hoffman York has ever done. Especially with our new, awesome office space, we have a new energy and culture here at HY. Also with Dave Hanneken coming onboard as ECD, we continue to crank out great creative work for real clients. Not just pro-bono work to win awards. More than ever before, we have the right group of talented people to get the job done and done well. The good people here and lack of egos, gives HY the advantage over the other agencies.

Cons

We tend to always be super busy and we are understaffed in the creative department. We really could use more junior writers and designers at the very least. For employee reviews, you do have to personally seek out feedback and self drive any opportunities for personal growth.

Hoffman York2017-01-16

"Great place to grow"

I have been working at Hoffman York full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The ownership and management teams at Hoffman York are extremely accessible and willing to listen to input/advice from anyone who cares to speak up. This is especially true of the current CEO. The management team firmly believes in the power of its employees, and they offer up great opportunities for young, entry-level employees to take the reins and run with projects if you can prove yourself as a hard working, dedicated employee. HY developed a series of committees (i.e. Brand, Culture, Environment, Employee Development, etc.) to help with the agency's transition after the sale of the Chicago office, and I believe these have been hugely beneficial in getting more employees involved in shaping the HY into a great work place. Lastly, the new office space is extremely cool (so much better than the last office). You can tell a lot of thought went into the development of the space, and it is a great environment to work in.

Cons

The "six-month" reviews are not necessarily scheduled every six months, and employees usually have to make sure to ask their supervisors for their reviews. You may have to ask more than once, but they will schedule your review if you bring it up with your supervisors. Some of the committees that were developed have had less output than I personally would like to see. It would be great to see those jump started in 2017.

Hoffman York2017-01-09

"Great Place to Start, Stay and Grow."

in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Hoffman York for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity if you're willing to step forward and step up! Lots of super smart people to work with and learn from. A company with a long history of success that know that what made it successful is not necessarily what will keep it successful - always looking for new ways to grow. Located in a great part of town (the 3rd Ward). The agency has lots of energy and optimism.

Cons

Nothing major. As much as you can be at an agency, you're really in control of your own destiny.

Hoffman York2016-12-12

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 24 reviews