Heritage Education Funds Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Heritage Education Funds Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2019

3.5
Heritage Education Funds CEO Jason R.B. Maguire (no image)
Jason R.B. Maguire

"Great company, thought mentoring leadership with an excellent overall office ambiance - very little politics!"

Current Employee - Dealing Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Grass roots oriented. Very entrepreneurial/start-up like business setting as first glance.

Cons

Could have better support for sales field. Growing too fast - short staffed.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to support the rapid growing business needs! Involve the field representatives in more projects that effect them, for their feedback.

Heritage Education Funds2014-03-19

"It is a good choice."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds part-time for less than a year

Pros

You have flexible time , you can help your clients' children to achieve their university dreams. They can get better return compare to other RESP plans.

Cons

Sometimes they make mistakes when they sent email to us, I prefer to say noting bad to my company. I am satisfied about the company.

Heritage Education Funds2013-04-16
  3. "Heritage Education Funds offers a solid product however takes time to get going."

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best part of the job is that you can have the freedom to work the job when you want. It can be rewarded once you have a clientel base underneath you. Great as a part time position, but difficult if pursuing full time employment. Can pay very well if you work hard at it.

Cons

Heritage is a commision based position in which what you put into it is what you get out of it. The first years are difficult because you must prospect your own leads, market your own product, and follow up with clients. It is the all in one sales position. Diffucult to develop in the first 3 years, smooths out out once you have a clientel.

Advice to Management

Invest more into your salesforce to ensure that you're people stick around. It is difficult when you feel you are working by yourself and only hear from the head office a couple of times per year. Training needs to be standardized and a true leaders are needed to motivate and encourage your salesforce to work hard for the company. The bottom line is not everything.

Heritage Education Funds2013-03-12
  4. "Great for young professionals or retiring professionals but not in between professionals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time

Pros

-good starting company -very relaxed environment -super friendly people -pretty easy going

Cons

-pay is quite low due to being a non-profit organization -contract based initial employment

Advice to Management

-increase pay to compete with competitors -increase bonuses

Heritage Education Funds2012-08-09

"There is great income potential for those who have money to invest into their business."

Sales Representative in Saskatoon, SK

I worked at Heritage Education Funds

Pros

- Great income potential for successful candidates - Offering an outstanding product - Flexible hours and time off when needed

Cons

- VERY expensive to get started -VERY regulated.. can not advertise without sending all materials through compliance, can not have business cards made unless they are made through head office and they charge too much. -No help to gain leads for new reps -Rewards and recognition only kick in when you are at the very top of the company, so you have very little motivation from the team when its needed most - in the... beginning.

Advice to Management

Allow your rep's to move at their own speed and exercise their creativity. Host contests and reward rep's for jobs well done.

Heritage Education Funds2011-12-14
  6. "A great part-time income source!"

Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds

Pros

You have the ability to set your own hours,. There is an unlimited commission pay structure. There are really great promotions to encourage you to work hard and be productive. You get to work from home and set your own hours. Once you build a customer base you will have "bonus" babies to existing clients as well as referrals.

Cons

Flipside of commission - you are strictly on commission, you must pay for all of your own marketing materials. It's tough to get started without a doubt.

Advice to Management

Websites have a lot of glitches, when tracking leads, etc. Please make Salestree a more user friendly and productive sales tool.

Heritage Education Funds2009-02-10

"Extremely nice place to work"

I worked at Heritage Education Funds

Pros

Heritage Education Funds have a fostering environment filled with people who value growth of the company as much as the growth of each individual contributing.

Cons

Can be a bit too relaxing sometimes, may not be for people who need constant challenges in their lives.

Heritage Education Funds2015-02-15

"This is the Company I would recommend to work for."

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time

Pros

As it was already mentioned, this company has lots of opprtunities. But, again, you need to work really hard and show you creative approach. Like, today, I work at sales department at EssayOnlineStore Website and I can say that I have lots of sales because of my previous job experience with Heritage Education Funds. So, it was a great sales exprience for me.

Cons

Maybe there are small cons, but I don't find them too big to mention here.Just like any company it is not perfect (yes, they lack HR support which makes it difficult to works sometimes. But it is not that significant.Just hire more people-this is a good solution)

Advice to Management

Better directions, better HR

Heritage Education Funds2014-10-01