Heritage Education Funds Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Jason R.B. Maguire
  1. "Marketing Associate"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

friendly work environment, good work life balance,training and professional enrichment opportunities

Cons

lack of room for advancement, not a very professional environment, lack of acknowledgement and advancement opportunities for employees, under industry average pay rate, minimal year end bonus

Advice to Management

invest in your people and company (IT solutions and software)

Heritage Education Funds2015-11-14

"I enjoy working here and my job; this year I will be celebrating my 15th anniversary with the company."

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great open door policy, you can speak with anyone at the executive level.

Cons

Tight deadlines and a lot of projects on the go, all the time.

Advice to Management

Stick to only 3 - 4 projects per year... when there is too much on the go, you tend to miss stuff.

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-26

"At Heritage, I feel a empowered and appreciated..."

Pros

I would recommend the company to anyone, from a young graduate seeking to get into a financial industry to an established professional or executive with a lot of experience. It is a great company that let's you grow professionally, I mean, they get you involved with really cool and interesting projects, you get to acquire new skills that you can put on your resume, they even pay for your education.. of course if it is...

Cons

Cannot think of any cons to mention here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job you are doing! We believe in you!!

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-20

"Overall, a very strong company with a great corporate culture"

Current Employee - Communications

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Enthusiastic, motivated staff with a genuine love of the product - Management and executive leadership encourage creativity and the sharing of ideas - Everyone has a voice in how the company operates (top level management actually listens) - Plenty of opportunities for advancement (the company likes to promote from within) - Constantly evolving business practices to take advantages of emerging technologies (e.g....

Cons

- The industry itself is tightly regulated and constantly under media scrutiny - Head office is in North York, which could be a good or bad thing (your mileage may vary)

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-27

"Very reasonable organization with a heart for treating their employees"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a good executive management team that is very easy to work with, reasonable and go out of their way to help out their teams. Plus, their social committee is a HUGE bonus!

Cons

Sometimes the lack of resources to adapt to the growing needs could be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Allocate the appropriate resources to support the growing need - have a BIG dream, but an even BIGGER strategy.

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-17
  6. "A Company That Does Not Have Direction or Empathy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fellow employees are great to work with. Senior management are rarely available to bother you or listen to you Close to transit. No need to use your car

Cons

Lack of Direction Lack of communication with management Not sure what products are we selling (RESP?, Mortgages? Mutual Funds? Insurance?) Pay grade is slightly above average, but struggle to get next pay raise. Too many complaints from customers and not enough resources to deal with the overwhelming complaints

Advice to Management

Get back to your roots. What happened to senior management? You no longer care about your staff or what value they bring to your company. Ever since senior management bought the company, management have been pompous about their positions. They were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time to purchase the company. Being owners of the company does not make senior management necessary experts at their...

Heritage Education Funds2014-09-02

"Great company to grow with!"

Former Employee - Operations Associate in North York, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow with time, effort and commitment. Throughout my experience I worked in Customer service, Agency Service and was also promoted within Agency Services. Although I decided to pursue my career in Marketing elsewhere, I had lots of support from my management and senior leader.

Cons

Lack of HR support. Because the business is ran by the 3 owners, I find that sometimes it hard for them to make decisions which takes longer to get things done.

Advice to Management

Provide more backing to your senior leaders so that they can make sound decisions. Leadership training for our management team would be beneficial for the company growth.

Heritage Education Funds2014-06-06
  8. "Boring Company that pays alright"

Former Employee - Operations Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds part-time for less than a year

Pros

team is good work life balance is good as well the pay is decent

Cons

work is very routine not much opportunity for improvement

Heritage Education Funds2014-06-09

"Great company, thought mentoring leadership with an excellent overall office ambiance - very little politics!"

Current Employee - Dealing Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Grass roots oriented. Very entrepreneurial/start-up like business setting as first glance.

Cons

Could have better support for sales field. Growing too fast - short staffed.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to support the rapid growing business needs! Involve the field representatives in more projects that effect them, for their feedback.

Heritage Education Funds2014-03-19

"It is a good choice."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds part-time for less than a year

Pros

You have flexible time , you can help your clients' children to achieve their university dreams. They can get better return compare to other RESP plans.

Cons

Sometimes they make mistakes when they sent email to us, I prefer to say noting bad to my company. I am satisfied about the company.

Heritage Education Funds2013-04-16