Heritage Education Funds Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Heritage Education Funds Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2019

3.5
Heritage Education Funds CEO Jason R.B. Maguire (no image)
Jason R.B. Maguire

"associate enrolment director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

its good door opener for financial advise

Cons

The upfront fee , which the company gives fancy names like membership fee or scholarship fee.The portfolio is fill of bonds and hardly any equity into it. I wonder why no certified financial planner sells Heritage product or in general group RESP. Most of group resp is sold to immigrants , who do not understand English very well. I feel guilty by selling group resp to my clients in past.

Advice to Management

You should revamp the Portfolio and hire educated professionals as sales person, instead of cab drivers or house wives. You should give a choice to client to have NO sales charges and now please do not tell me that you have Impression plan , which is not even 1 percent of sales and mostly agent sells group resp by not explaining upfront fees.

Heritage Education Funds2016-03-25

"Good Place"

Dealer Representative in Richmond Hill, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility of time Good income if you sell well Support

Cons

Hard to sell RESP, not easy at all , you have to find a way to get sales leads

Heritage Education Funds2015-11-20
  3. "Marketing Associate"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

friendly work environment, good work life balance,training and professional enrichment opportunities

Cons

lack of room for advancement, not a very professional environment, lack of acknowledgement and advancement opportunities for employees, under industry average pay rate, minimal year end bonus

Advice to Management

invest in your people and company (IT solutions and software)

Heritage Education Funds2015-11-14

"I enjoy working here and my job; this year I will be celebrating my 15th anniversary with the company."

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great open door policy, you can speak with anyone at the executive level.

Cons

Tight deadlines and a lot of projects on the go, all the time.

Advice to Management

Stick to only 3 - 4 projects per year... when there is too much on the go, you tend to miss stuff.

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-26

"At Heritage, I feel a empowered and appreciated..."

Pros

I would recommend the company to anyone, from a young graduate seeking to get into a financial industry to an established professional or executive with a lot of experience. It is a great company that let's you grow professionally, I mean, they get you involved with really cool and interesting projects, you get to acquire new skills that you can put on your resume, they even pay for your education.. of course if it... is consistent with the goals of the department you are in. Heritage promotes often, they value their employees and let them move forward. I have seen people spending 7-8 years there and it feels like they have changed 2-3 careers without moving out of the company! That's cool considering you get to grow professionally without a hassle of looking for a new job! Management is really good - from the business owners to front line managers - you can tell they care and it transpires onto the teams as well. And a big bonus - Heritage is actually doing something very good for Canadians and for the future of Canadian kids! Lots of employees are so attached to the company because they believe in the product and service we give to our customers - we help parents save for their kids future post-secondary education! I wish someone had done it for me when I was a kid. So yeah, come and join Heritage, you won't regret! And when you do, knock on the 5th door from reception, because I will still be there and will be happy to say hi to you!

Cons

Cannot think of any cons to mention here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job you are doing! We believe in you!!

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-20

"Overall, a very strong company with a great corporate culture"

Current Employee - Communications

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Enthusiastic, motivated staff with a genuine love of the product - Management and executive leadership encourage creativity and the sharing of ideas - Everyone has a voice in how the company operates (top level management actually listens) - Plenty of opportunities for advancement (the company likes to promote from within) - Constantly evolving business practices to take advantages of emerging technologies (e....g. new social media platforms) - Highly competitive compensation and benefits packages - Field that changes from year to year, with an increasingly strong demand for our product (as tuition fees increase) - Dynamite social committee that plans exciting events all year 'round, really making you feel valued

Cons

- The industry itself is tightly regulated and constantly under media scrutiny - Head office is in North York, which could be a good or bad thing (your mileage may vary)

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-27

"Very reasonable organization with a heart for treating their employees"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a good executive management team that is very easy to work with, reasonable and go out of their way to help out their teams. Plus, their social committee is a HUGE bonus!

Cons

Sometimes the lack of resources to adapt to the growing needs could be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Allocate the appropriate resources to support the growing need - have a BIG dream, but an even BIGGER strategy.

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-17
  8. "A Company That Does Not Have Direction or Empathy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fellow employees are great to work with. Senior management are rarely available to bother you or listen to you Close to transit. No need to use your car

Cons

Lack of Direction Lack of communication with management Not sure what products are we selling (RESP?, Mortgages? Mutual Funds? Insurance?) Pay grade is slightly above average, but struggle to get next pay raise. Too many complaints from customers and not enough resources to deal with the overwhelming complaints

Advice to Management

Get back to your roots. What happened to senior management? You no longer care about your staff or what value they bring to your company. Ever since senior management bought the company, management have been pompous about their positions. They were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time to purchase the company. Being owners of the company does not make senior management necessary experts at... their current titles.

Heritage Education Funds2014-09-02

"Great company to grow with!"

Former Employee - Operations Associate in North York, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow with time, effort and commitment. Throughout my experience I worked in Customer service, Agency Service and was also promoted within Agency Services. Although I decided to pursue my career in Marketing elsewhere, I had lots of support from my management and senior leader.

Cons

Lack of HR support. Because the business is ran by the 3 owners, I find that sometimes it hard for them to make decisions which takes longer to get things done.

Advice to Management

Provide more backing to your senior leaders so that they can make sound decisions. Leadership training for our management team would be beneficial for the company growth.

Heritage Education Funds2014-06-06
  10. "Boring Company that pays alright"

Former Employee - Operations Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds part-time for less than a year

Pros

team is good work life balance is good as well the pay is decent

Cons

work is very routine not much opportunity for improvement

Heritage Education Funds2014-06-09