Heritage Education Funds Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Heritage Education Funds Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2019

3.5
Heritage Education Funds CEO Jason R.B. Maguire (no image)
Jason R.B. Maguire
  1. "Join a tight knit Heritage team & truly make a difference!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for less than a year

Pros

- innovative company willing to pilot new ideas and projects; agile development - great benefits and social events - super friendly & creative team who truly want to make a difference

Cons

- smaller company with not as much opporutnity for growth, but lots of opporutnity for cross-training

Advice to Management

Keep growing and innovating!

Heritage Education Funds2016-06-10

"I enjoy working here and my job; this year I will be celebrating my 15th anniversary with the company."

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great open door policy, you can speak with anyone at the executive level.

Cons

Tight deadlines and a lot of projects on the go, all the time.

Advice to Management

Stick to only 3 - 4 projects per year... when there is too much on the go, you tend to miss stuff.

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-26

"At Heritage, I feel a empowered and appreciated..."

Pros

I would recommend the company to anyone, from a young graduate seeking to get into a financial industry to an established professional or executive with a lot of experience. It is a great company that let's you grow professionally, I mean, they get you involved with really cool and interesting projects, you get to acquire new skills that you can put on your resume, they even pay for your education.. of course if it... is consistent with the goals of the department you are in. Heritage promotes often, they value their employees and let them move forward. I have seen people spending 7-8 years there and it feels like they have changed 2-3 careers without moving out of the company! That's cool considering you get to grow professionally without a hassle of looking for a new job! Management is really good - from the business owners to front line managers - you can tell they care and it transpires onto the teams as well. And a big bonus - Heritage is actually doing something very good for Canadians and for the future of Canadian kids! Lots of employees are so attached to the company because they believe in the product and service we give to our customers - we help parents save for their kids future post-secondary education! I wish someone had done it for me when I was a kid. So yeah, come and join Heritage, you won't regret! And when you do, knock on the 5th door from reception, because I will still be there and will be happy to say hi to you!

Cons

Cannot think of any cons to mention here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job you are doing! We believe in you!!

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-20

"Very reasonable organization with a heart for treating their employees"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a good executive management team that is very easy to work with, reasonable and go out of their way to help out their teams. Plus, their social committee is a HUGE bonus!

Cons

Sometimes the lack of resources to adapt to the growing needs could be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Allocate the appropriate resources to support the growing need - have a BIG dream, but an even BIGGER strategy.

Heritage Education Funds2015-03-17

"Great company to grow with!"

Former Employee - Operations Associate in North York, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow with time, effort and commitment. Throughout my experience I worked in Customer service, Agency Service and was also promoted within Agency Services. Although I decided to pursue my career in Marketing elsewhere, I had lots of support from my management and senior leader.

Cons

Lack of HR support. Because the business is ran by the 3 owners, I find that sometimes it hard for them to make decisions which takes longer to get things done.

Advice to Management

Provide more backing to your senior leaders so that they can make sound decisions. Leadership training for our management team would be beneficial for the company growth.

Heritage Education Funds2014-06-06

"Great company, thought mentoring leadership with an excellent overall office ambiance - very little politics!"

Current Employee - Dealing Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Grass roots oriented. Very entrepreneurial/start-up like business setting as first glance.

Cons

Could have better support for sales field. Growing too fast - short staffed.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to support the rapid growing business needs! Involve the field representatives in more projects that effect them, for their feedback.

Heritage Education Funds2014-03-19

"It is a good choice."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds part-time for less than a year

Pros

You have flexible time , you can help your clients' children to achieve their university dreams. They can get better return compare to other RESP plans.

Cons

Sometimes they make mistakes when they sent email to us, I prefer to say noting bad to my company. I am satisfied about the company.

Heritage Education Funds2013-04-16

"Extremely nice place to work"

I worked at Heritage Education Funds

Pros

Heritage Education Funds have a fostering environment filled with people who value growth of the company as much as the growth of each individual contributing.

Cons

Can be a bit too relaxing sometimes, may not be for people who need constant challenges in their lives.

Heritage Education Funds2015-02-15

"This is the Company I would recommend to work for."

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time

Pros

As it was already mentioned, this company has lots of opprtunities. But, again, you need to work really hard and show you creative approach. Like, today, I work at sales department at EssayOnlineStore Website and I can say that I have lots of sales because of my previous job experience with Heritage Education Funds. So, it was a great sales exprience for me.

Cons

Maybe there are small cons, but I don't find them too big to mention here.Just like any company it is not perfect (yes, they lack HR support which makes it difficult to works sometimes. But it is not that significant.Just hire more people-this is a good solution)

Advice to Management

Better directions, better HR

Heritage Education Funds2014-10-01
  10. "Good Company but mismanaged"

Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people and executives and owners

Cons

No clear direction where the company is going.

Advice to Management

Nothing. They got sold.

Heritage Education Funds2019-07-18