Henry's Cameras Reviews

Updated May 7, 2020

2.7
Henry's Cameras CEO Gillian Stein (no image)
Gillian Stein
Pros
  • "Great discounts, great direct team(in 5 reviews)

• "Great People, great teams, at the store level some amazing things happen every day(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Theirs a massive disconnect and lack of communication between the stores and head office(in 4 reviews)

• "Insane arrogance from upper management, all the while the company is dying(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place"

5.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Henry's Cameras full-time

Pros

Camera discounts, nice people, interesting customers

Cons

Sales can be very competitive

Henry's Cameras2020-01-14
  2. "Great culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Henry's Cameras full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people (colleagues & management) Staff incentives

Cons

Operating hours are long for specialty store

Henry's Cameras2020-05-07
  3. "Good team"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Henry's Cameras full-time

Pros

A good team of employees

Cons

The pressure to sell their HELP plan

Henry's Cameras2020-02-27

"Sales Associate"

Sales Associate

I worked at Henry's Cameras

Pros

Borrow gear on loan out. That's about it.

Cons

Where do I start.... On a store level - management is manipulative and makes false promises and puts staff against each other to compete for higher numbers - when I worked there Help % needed to meet was 4% when I left 3 years later it was 7-8% - took SPIF away from employees and kept it for themselves. I'm curious if Canon or Nikon or Sony are aware? - used mandated raise by government as a "we are being nice raise, we care about you." - if you do not meet monthly quota you are written up - no family work life balance - it's all numbers, numbers, numbers - management hangs a huge whiteboard in the back room and puts everyone stats up that causes friction between people - uses useless acronyms that no one cares about - trying to restructure repeatedly and failing - clients still contact me through social media for advice because new staff have no idea what they are doing

Henry's Cameras2020-02-21

"Associate"

Former Employee - Distribution

I worked at Henry's Cameras full-time

Pros

There is no good things about henrys they treat everyone really bad employers and and everyone.

Cons

Never buy cameras from them they suck and they dont care about there products they just dump them in bins.

Henry's Cameras2020-01-21
  6. "Good Canadian Company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee

I worked at Henry's Cameras full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Creative crowd to work with. Small enough that you get to do different things and work directly with upper management

Cons

Growth potential is limited because it is a small company

Henry's Cameras2019-12-12

"good people good environment"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Henry's Cameras part-time for more than a year

Pros

you're around great people, great gear and really good customers.

Cons

-Commission structure has gone down. -Competitive work environment for numbers. -Holiday's are a mess.

Henry's Cameras2019-11-22
  8. "Great place to work!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Ottawa, ON

I worked at Henry's Cameras part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Coworkers are great, management is great! Good work morale, and a supportive team!

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company, I left to pursue a full time job elsewhere.

Henry's Cameras2019-11-21

"Such a disaster it's almost funny. Don't be stupid, pick up nickels on the street instead."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Henry's Cameras full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some cool people. Less and less as the quality of employee gets worse and worse.

Cons

Where to start. Corporate greed. Petty and stupid management. Embarrassingly incompetent executive team. Complete lack of understanding of their own industry. Company has stolen 10s of thousands from staff. Zero transparency. Blame game. Morale is miserable. Actively seeking new employees who are unaware of how dirty this company is, end up with minimum wage knowledge/commitment. When they took away money earmarked for the staff from the vendors, they tried to pocket it, then they blamed the vendors. Customers are taking notice at the incompetence of most staff. Heavily push warranties that are up to 16 weeks on repair turn-around. Communication is as poor as I've ever seen in any company. When we do have stock, the company can't seem to even get it's stuff together to deliver it on time. Tonnes of dealing with frustrated customers. Cut programs and try to force staff to pick up the pieces for minimum wage. Such as teaching classes. Insane arrogance from upper management, all the while the company is dying. I could fill a novel at the absolute lack of respect this company will have for you. HR will lie and try to manipulate you.

Henry's Cameras2019-12-06

"Not as advertised."

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Henry's Cameras full-time

Pros

Great People, great teams, at the store level some amazing things happen every day.

Cons

Upper management outside of the store does not support their staff. The company, unfortunately, is operating in a shrinking market and is trying to cut corners and costs at the expense of there staff and customers. Customer experience and a living wage should be the focus. Instead, earning opportunities have been cut, and experienced and knowledgeable staff have been let go in order to bring in people who are willing to blindly run a sales program that is built to push warranties over finding someone the right solution for their needs. This is a company that opperates in a very exclusive market space with very demanding customers. Product knowledge and experience should be the priority for staff, not thier ability to sell a warranty service. Regional management also struggles to take any feedback. If someone has a concern about a program or direction the company is taking they will usually fight any opinion that is not their own. If you are someone that has an opinion and wants to share it then this is not a company you want to work for. My experience with Henrys was, their way or your fired for being negative.

Henry's Cameras2019-11-07