Heartland Dental Employee Reviews about "doctor"

Updated May 15, 2020

3.9
Heartland Dental President & Chief Executive Officer Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer
Pros
  • "We get great benefits, awesome continuing education courses all over the U(in 67 reviews)

• "When my doctor partnered with Heartland I left 3 days in and did not even give it a chance(in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • "Free dental services for you and your dependents is limited to what YOUR dentist can do(in 43 reviews)

• "Alot of spiteful people in upper management(in 41 reviews)

Reviews about "doctor"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Best of Both Worlds"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

After 10 years in private practice, the office I worked for affiliated with Heartland Dental. Heartland gives you the feel of a private practice by keeping the local branding of your doctor, but with the support of a large corporate office. The systems really work! Every step of a patient's visit has been well thought out and there is a system (and an acronym) for it. This makes training new hires so much easier and more consistent. The support during COVID-19 was absolutely amazing and I'm grateful we were not navigating it alone. Heartland values personal and professional growth while focusing hard on leadership and communication skills. When you work for Heartland, you become a better person.

Cons

Flexibility with salaries is almost non-existent. Pay increases are smaller than private practice (averaging only 1-3% per year), but they are more consistent - meaning you actually get one annually.

June 4, 2020HR

Thank you for sharing your journey with us! We're delighted to hear you are enjoying your time with Heartland Dental and especially that you don't feel alone during this difficult time. We know that your hard work, dedication and positive attitude led to your success and growth. Sometimes, things can be rolled out quickly, but we are looking for ways to improve this. We hope you start to see some progress, and we've also taken note of your feedback about compensation. You are a great asset to the Heartland Dental family, and we are confident you will continue to achieve your goals!

2. "Best company for dentists"

Current Employee - General Dentist

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

doctor led, excellent systems and support.

Cons

Slightly low collection percentage

March 30, 2020HR

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are continually looking for ways to improve, and your review helps us do just that. We look forward to your continued growth and success!

3. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Lees Summit, MO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

My coworkers are the sweetest! We are a TRUE team. My PMO and Doctor are so helpful and kind. You can tell that my office is full of people who truly love their jobs.

Cons

Homeroom videos are very time consuming.

March 12, 2020HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your time with Heartland Dental. Your suggestions and comments are much appreciated.

4. "Heartland is a great career move!"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

When my doctor partnered with Heartland I left 3 days in and did not even give it a chance. I came back 8 months later and have been with Heartland about 14 months now. Coming back has been the best decision in my career. The word "corporate" has such a negative perception and "corporate" doesn't care about you as a person. My experience with Heartland has been nothing short of great, as a matter of fact one of the things that is constantly told to me is "life/work balance". If you are looking into or thinking about joining the Heartland family don't even think twice, joining our team will be something you will not regret. Great pay, great benefits, and a lifelong dental family!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say at Heartland dental!

February 19, 2020HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're so pleased to hear you decided to give Heartland Dental another chance, and we're happy to have you as a member of our family. It makes us proud to see people living their dreams with our company. We know that your hard work, dedication and positive attitude led to your success and growth. Thank you for being a valuable part of our Heartland Dental community!

"Heartland Made Me a Believer"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working 10+ years in private practice, I made the switch. The structure and support that Heartland Dental offers its doctors, managers, administrators and clinical team are just outstanding. They provide everything so the doctor(s) can focus on providing the best dentistry possible and the team can stay motivated and enjoy work - and honestly, it shows to our patients. The pay and benefits are good, the company-wide incentives are fun and motivating, and the strong focus on patient care is apparent in every facet of the company. I would strongly recommend a career with Heartland Dental, it's more than just a job - it's being given an opportunity to function at a higher level and who doesn't want to go home at night knowing you're making a real difference?

Cons

I honestly haven't come across anything that the company doesn't already know about and doesn't already have people brainstorming ways for improvement. This company really listens to the needs of its employees.

January 15, 2020HR

Wow! Thank you for sharing your career journey with us. It makes us proud to see people living their dreams with our company. We know that your hard work, dedication and positive attitude led to your success and growth. We also appreciate your kind comments. You are a great asset to the Heartland Dental family, and we are confident you will continue to achieve your goals!

6. "So/So"

2.0
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Port Charlotte, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Each heartland practice is individually ran so it depends on your doctor.

Cons

Dental assistants don’t get much of a say. Our hours and scheduled working changed 3 times in a year and the expectation is to be “open and flexible”

April 30, 2019HR

Thank you for your feedback! We read all reviews in an effort to take the information that has been provided and improve the support we offer. Your feedback will allow us to do just that.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - General Dentist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Doctor driven and friendly. Very supportive of doctors and staff. Technologically advanced with implementation of iTero scanners. Lots of available doctor education. Great situation if you are experienced and looking to not worry about the business portion anymore. Also one of the better DSO's to work for if you are new and inexperienced as there is a place for you somewhere with a mentor doctor.

Cons

Compensation could be better. Maybe tiered or elevated based on experience or levels of production/collection. 25% is average. Other places and companies can average up to 33%. No 401K matching.

January 29, 2019HR

Thanks for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Heartland Dental's support and realize your potential to grow with us. We're continuing to find ways to improve, so we appreciate your remarks regarding compensation. We greatly appreciate your positive comments.

"Doctor lead philosophy"

Current Employee - General Dentist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

The organization and training is very helpful for the doctor as well as the remaining members of the dental team. I affiliated with Heartland in Mar. 2018 and have had one of the best years I have ever had in treating patients. I am very glad to be part of Heartland. The people and support staff are great.

Cons

Like most large organizations change is slower than when I was in private practice. However, the power of the group surpasses any negatives.

January 3, 2019HR

Thank you so much for taking time to leave your feedback! We're so happy to see that you've had a positive experience at Heartland Dental.

9. "Great company, opportunities for career growth"

4.0

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Continuing education is constant, doctor led, challenging and rewarding career

Cons

Work/home life balance can be a struggle for those in management

November 27, 2018HR

Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

"Do not work here"

1.0

I worked at Heartland Dental

Pros

Patients are amazing that come to the office, the doctor is very knowledgeable.

Cons

This company is focused on production rather than patient care. Every patient “needs” Invisalign and cavities get by passed by. Reviews are not done on time and it is standard by corporate to only get a 1 or 2 percent raise. Overall it is very stressful to work at this office and I went to school to better the healthcare system rather than stealing from patients. Management is also very poor and staff changes very often due to these unfortunate situations.

November 2, 2018HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We strive to create a comfortable and positive environment for all our employees. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we will use your feedback as we continue to improve.

Found 44 reviews