Heartland Dental "continuing education" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Heartland Dental Employee Reviews about "continuing education"

Updated Jul 8, 2019

3.7
Heartland Dental President & Chief Executive Officer Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer
Pros
Cons
  • "Free dental services for you and your dependents is limited to what YOUR dentist can do(in 43 reviews)

• "Alot of spiteful people in upper management(in 41 reviews)

Reviews about "continuing education"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Company with Good Idea's"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits. Transfer offices with in Corp, positive, lots of continuing education. Positive management.

Cons

Positive training and team boosting without helping the actual practice of preforming dentistry. Lots or required continuing education. Dental Assistance are not recognized as a valued team member. Heartland answering service makes appointments where ever they see a 10 minute spot and so far its always bad timing and effects already scheduled patients.

Advice to Management

I have talk to friends in other offices and they love where they are at. I have talk to friends that left my current office and very happy at other Heartland offices. My office clearly needs attention.

Heartland Dental2019-07-08
  2. "dental hygienist"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

great training and continuing education

Cons

company terminates employment within minutes.

Advice to Management

better organisation

Heartland Dental2019-04-14
  3. "Former Employee 5-Star Review"

Former Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, from the CEO down to the people in the offices. Thorough recruiting process. Extensive training and continuing education. Competitive pay. Wonderful people in management - Michelle White, Kelly Pruitt.

Cons

Training requirements can feel like busywork.

Heartland Dental2019-03-23
  4. "my experience"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

great benefits continuing education 6 paid holidays Potential 2 weeks paid vacation(determined by hours you worked a week aprox) You do travel sometimes for ce

Cons

focused too much on numbers, stressed our office a lot & it showed. 401 k doesn't match. Benefits & paid holidays don't start until after 3 months employment Pay is ok (Da)

Advice to Management

visit your dental practices more to fully understand the challenges

Heartland Dental2019-03-31
  5. "Like working for a private practice with support from a large network of doctors"

Current Employee - Dentist in Broken Arrow, OK

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Continuing Education, Mentorship, Autonomy with support, Growth opportunities, Travel, large variances in office cultures so you can pick you the one that is right for you.

Cons

Limited offices available on the west coast

Heartland Dental2019-01-29

"Beware of the recruiters"

Former Employee - General Dentist in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dentists are treated with respect and the company has the finest and latest equipment. There are also numerous continuing education courses.

Cons

The recruiters describe large bonuses but they don't tell you that if you go to a de nova office you will NEVER get a bonus because they make the dentists working there pay off the loan on the practice. Also whenever you take a class the company charges the practice fees that come out of the dentist's paycheck. Management at the local level is terrible and the company is expanding too quickly so that they can't hire enough qualified candidates. Beware the DMP program as they say you can make $250,000 but in the end it isn't true. If the management didn't lie to us it would be a great opportunity

Advice to Management

Be honest with dentist and eliminate the de nova cost burden - if you continue to make new grads pay for YOUR buildings let them get vested interest in the stock. Also allow dentists to purchase an interest in their practice not companywide stock because all a dentist cares about is her/his practice and NOT struggling practices in other states.

Heartland Dental2019-01-26
  7. "Great company, opportunities for career growth"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Continuing education is constant, doctor led, challenging and rewarding career

Cons

Work/home life balance can be a struggle for those in management

Heartland Dental2018-11-22
  8. "Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Westridge, GA

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working at Heartland because of the people, the technology, the benefits and the continuing education offered to the employees

Cons

Being new to heartland dental can be alittle overwhelming. Its a lot to take in and sometimes hard to put it to use when you train in a high paced office......for example Dentrix. I believe a class would be nice to have for new employees. Dentrix is the center of how the office flows.

Advice to Management

State above

Heartland Dental2018-11-03

"Expanded Functions Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

40 hours guaranteed, occasional overtime, up to 80 hours paid vacation after one year, 401k, health insurance

Cons

Very underpaid and underappreciated. Higher ups in company have a mentality that they don't have to respect dental assistants specifically because they are always replaceable. Company used to send assistants for continuing education but not anymore. I was promised continued education during my interview (very important to me as a dental professional) but I have yet to go to one class. I've watched videos on employee/patient relations but not much of anything that is dental related. Employee concerns are not of concern to management, ever. No lunches while working 10-12 hour days (illegal). Doctors are constantly converting at inappropriate times leaving patients waiting in the chair for up to 4-6 hours! Front desk makes scheduling errors daily leading to us scrambling and irate patients. Very high turn over rate with employees. 10 people have left since I started. I have been told that many Heartland offices are ran like this. I was warned about corporate while in school but gave it a chance... I was misled and regret my decision to work for this company. I have never worked somewhere with so much drama and gossiping. It is never ending tension, whispering and attitude. Run.

Advice to Management

Stay neutral and be a mature professional and respect will follow. Show employees that they really do matter and you will have a flourishing office naturally. If all you care about is reaching numbers, then do it in a way to make your team WANT to help you achieve them. If you treat everyone like they are expendable or scold them then you won't gain the world class success that you're striving for. We're a team, not your slaves. We do not have to work for your company, we choose to. Remember that.

Heartland Dental2018-08-08
  10. "Dentist"

Current Employee - Dentist

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Truly Doctor led practices. Loyalty to its employees. Continuing education. Work life balance. Strives to make you a better person in life and in your community, not just a better leader in your practice.

Cons

Sometimes simple decisions can make you feel like there are hoops to jump through.

Heartland Dental2018-06-04