Heartland Dental Employee Reviews about "continuing education"

Updated Mar 26, 2020

3.9
Heartland Dental President & Chief Executive Officer Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer
Pros
  • "We get great benefits, awesome continuing education courses all over the U(in 67 reviews)

• "When my doctor partnered with Heartland I left 3 days in and did not even give it a chance(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "Free dental services for you and your dependents is limited to what YOUR dentist can do(in 43 reviews)

• "Alot of spiteful people in upper management(in 41 reviews)

Reviews about "continuing education"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Great company with true values!!"

Current Employee - Hygienist in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Heartland Dental part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working with Heartland Dental for five years and to be honest I was a bit skeptical of working for a "corporate dental" company as I had always worked in private practices in my career. I have been so amazed though at how they truly value their employees and the great care they take of us! We get great benefits, awesome continuing education courses all over the U.S., and have always loved the team I work with. In most recent days, I cant brag enough on how well they have taken care of all their employees during the Covid 19 pandemic with the closing of all dental offices nationwide. I am so proud to work for/with them. I don't ever get on here, especially to write a review but I felt compelled to after the recent events/experiences with how they have handled the employees of this company.

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

March 30, 2020HR

We sincerely appreciate you sharing your story with us, even though it's not something you'd commonly do. The fact that you logged on to let us know how Heartland Dental is doing in our mission means the world to us. We are honored to have you as part of our family, and we hope you will continue to grow and succeed with us as we move past these difficult times. Thank you for your review!

2. COVID-19

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve been a practicing hygienist for over 15 years now. Five of those years have been with Heartland Dental. I was very skeptical when my dentist decided to affiliate and sell his practice to Heartland Dental years ago. I read all the negative reviews online and didn’t hear very many positives. Over the past five years, Heartland has been great to my family and I. The company has invested in my co-workers and I with nice continuing education classes all over the U.S. However, the thing that I am most proud of is how this company has taken care of their employees during the recent COVID 19 pandemic. They have and continue to go above and beyond to take care of their employees so we do not have to go without pay. I know how fortunate I am because I have seen many of my colleagues in private practice be sent home without any pay or PTO time issued to them. Thank you Heartland Dental for valuing your employees and our families!!

Cons

No cons at this time

March 30, 2020HR

Thank you for sharing these kind words! We are grateful to have you as part of our Heartland Dental supported family. One of the reasons we are able to offer great support is because of team members like you. Thank you for all the contributions you have made as a hygienist. They do not go unnoticed. Thank you for standing with us in this challenging time. Thank you for being a valuable part of our Heartland Dental community!

3. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - General Dentist in Land O' Lakes, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Continuing Education Support Company cares about employees

Cons

None that come to mind

March 30, 2020HR

Thank you for leaving us a review! We love to hear that your experience working here has been nothing but positive and that you feel supported. Keep up the great work.

4. "Actually cares"

Current Employee - Dentist

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Continuing education Flexible Caring Do not dictate my clinical work Culture

Cons

Depends on the region- Upper midwest is just getting started

March 26, 2020HR

Thank you for your positive feedback! We know that change happens quickly, and sometimes, it can be difficult. We are looking for opportunities to make improvements. We greatly appreciate your positive comments.

5. "Good Company with Good Idea's"

4.0
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits. Transfer offices with in Corp, positive, lots of continuing education. Positive management.

Cons

Positive training and team boosting without helping the actual practice of preforming dentistry. Lots or required continuing education. Dental Assistance are not recognized as a valued team member. Heartland answering service makes appointments where ever they see a 10 minute spot and so far its always bad timing and effects already scheduled patients.

July 9, 2019HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the training and the benefits you received at Heartland Dental. We read all reviews in an effort to take the information that has been provided and maintain or improve the support we offer. Your feedback will allow us to do just that.

6. "dental hygienist"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

great training and continuing education

Cons

company terminates employment within minutes.

April 30, 2019HR

Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback!

7. "Former Employee 5-Star Review"

Former Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, from the CEO down to the people in the offices. Thorough recruiting process. Extensive training and continuing education. Competitive pay. Wonderful people in management - Michelle White, Kelly Pruitt.

Cons

Training requirements can feel like busywork.

March 28, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! We are very glad to have you as a member of the Heartland Dental family. We appreciate your comments!

8. "my experience"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

great benefits continuing education 6 paid holidays Potential 2 weeks paid vacation(determined by hours you worked a week aprox) You do travel sometimes for ce

Cons

focused too much on numbers, stressed our office a lot & it showed. 401 k doesn't match. Benefits & paid holidays don't start until after 3 months employment Pay is ok (Da)

April 9, 2019HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the training and work-life balance you received at Heartland Dental. We read all reviews in an effort to take the information that has been provided and maintain or improve the support we offer. Your feedback will allow us to do just that.

9. "Like working for a private practice with support from a large network of doctors"

Current Employee - Dentist in Broken Arrow, OK

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Continuing Education, Mentorship, Autonomy with support, Growth opportunities, Travel, large variances in office cultures so you can pick you the one that is right for you.

Cons

Limited offices available on the west coast

January 29, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time with Heartland Dental and your comments are greatly appreciated.

"Beware of the recruiters"

Former Employee - General Dentist in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dentists are treated with respect and the company has the finest and latest equipment. There are also numerous continuing education courses.

Cons

The recruiters describe large bonuses but they don't tell you that if you go to a de nova office you will NEVER get a bonus because they make the dentists working there pay off the loan on the practice. Also whenever you take a class the company charges the practice fees that come out of the dentist's paycheck. Management at the local level is terrible and the company is expanding too quickly so that they can't hire enough qualified candidates. Beware the DMP program as they say you can make $250,000 but in the end it isn't true. If the management didn't lie to us it would be a great opportunity

January 29, 2019HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at Heartland Dental. We strive to make Heartland Dental a long-term career option for dental professionals and anyone interested in the dental industry. If you would like to share more about your experience, please email feedback@heartland.com.

Found 73 reviews