Heartland Dental Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Heartland Dental President & Chief Executive Officer Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "work/life balance can sometimes be hard to achieve" (in 18 reviews)

• "The main reason they are doing this is because of the numbers first approach of upper management" (in 33 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Dentist"

Current Employee - Dentist in North Port, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Dentist in North Port, FL (US)

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, they practice what they preach. I am well supported with education, training, and technology, and systems that enable me to provide world-class care to my patients. I have a healthy work-life balance that I could not achieve as a private practice owner trying. To figure it out on my own. When our practice was closed for 8days because we lost electricity when Hurricane Irma came through Florida, Heartland payed myself and my team members, even though the practice wasn’t open.

Cons

No company is perfect, but I have never belonged to one that cares so much about its employees

Advice to Management

Keep caring! Don’t ever lose sight of your mission and vision, or it will change the culture and Heartland will lose what makes it special.

6 Mar, 2018 – Manager, Talent Attraction & Employer Branding

We start every meeting at Support Office with reciting our mission and vision. Keeping it at the forefront of everything is absolutely critical, as you mentioned! We loving hearing stories from... More

2. "Office Manager"

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Heartland Dental Group is a great place to work! Most of the employee's have been here over 10 years. Once you get hired there is no reason to leave! We are a big close family. Unfortunately people get us confused with Heartland Dental CARE, they have practices all over the United States. A lot of these reviews on this website isn't even our practice. We have 3 offices located in Leavenworth, Basehor and Atchison Kansas.

Cons

Our name is confused with Heartland Dental Care

3. "Walking the talk"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Vancouver, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Vancouver, WA (US)

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When they say, "You have to be nice or you can't work here", they mean it. The company mission, vision and core values are not just plaques on the wall, they are accomplishment goals that are woven into the daily, weekly and monthly tasks. Doctors couldn't be in better hands.

Cons

No company is perfect, but Heartland never stops striving for perfection. The result of the struggle is excellence.

Advice to Management

Never stray from your vision and mission.

3 Dec, 2018 – HR

We're so happy to see that you've had a positive experience at Heartland Dental. As a Regional Director, we know that you work hard to support your office, and are grateful for all the contributions... More

4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Springfield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Springfield, MA (US)

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have the support and training of working for the largest DSO in America

Cons

The pay could be better

3 Dec, 2018 – HR

Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

5. "Registered Dental Hygienist"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Manassas, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Manassas, VA (US)

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always have education opportunities available and supportive staff. Management listened to any concerns and was encouraging.

Cons

Hours did not work for my family.

Advice to Management

none

27 Nov, 2018 – HR

Thanks for your review! We're so happy to see that you had a positive experience at Heartland Dental.

6. "Practice Manager of Operations"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Flowery Branch, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Flowery Branch, GA (US)

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I live the company and the training that is provided. I always feel supported both locally and corporately.

Cons

No cons to give at this moment.

27 Nov, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! We are very glad to have you as a member of the Heartland Dental family. We appreciate your comments!

7. "Great company, opportunities for career growth"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Continuing education is constant, doctor led, challenging and rewarding career

Cons

Work/home life balance can be a struggle for those in management

27 Nov, 2018 – HR

"Love the structure and support you are given!"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations
    Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits package is better than most private practice. *Not better benefits than other companies of similar size*

I believe that Heartland truly supports its mission and vision. The training and education has been an amazing opportunity in my personal and professional life. Being able to really understand someone’s motives, and ask questions to get to the root of problems, or being able to speak to someone the way they need to hear it is something I may not have ever learned to do had I not worked for Heartland.

Cons

Still no 401K matching, no accrued sick time, no Maternity leave compensation, family insurance is still more expensive than other employers.

The biggest con is the mandatory trining/meetings for Admin but 0 mandatory training for the doctors in their leadership. While we tell the doctors they are the leaders of the practice it seems that hasty decision are made or poor actions are acceptable because they are the doctor. If the doctors were held to the same level of accountability as the admin who support them, Heartland truly would be a world class company and the leader in dentistry.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the doctors to grow in their leadership, go to Bell, go to the doctor dinners, go to thrive, go to the winter conference.

21 Nov, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you've experienced personal and professional growth during your time at Heartland Dental. We also appreciate your comments regarding 401K... More

9. "Dental hygienist"

I have been working at Heartland Dental part-time

Pros

Great working environment. Great staff

Cons

Long hours. Difficult patients. Weekend hours

13 Nov, 2018 – HR

"Doctors are Unaccountable"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Psychology based systems that encourage healthy relationships to lead to successful teams.

Cons

Doctors are not held accountable like team members. They are not required to follow systems like team members are, such as "respecting disc style" or using 13 dots to keep appointments consistent. They are regarded as an asset, and do not get reprimanded for not following rules.

Advice to Management

Allowing doctors to treat team members any way they choose without facing consequences will only continue trends of employee turn over. Being doctor led does not have to mean doctor dominated. Team members are just as important to production as doctors are.

7 Nov, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Heartland Dental. We strive to make Heartland Dental a long-term career option for dental professionals and anyone interested in the dental... More