Handy "customer service" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Handy Employee Reviews about "customer service"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"DO NOT WORKFOR THEM THEY DON'T PAY THE HOURS YOU WORK FOR"

Current Contractor - Handyman in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Contractor - Handyman in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros, It's a really bad company they cheat you out of the money you worked for and don't have a customer service phone number so simply they won't replay to you!

Cons

Advice to Management

you are stiling money out of contractors!

7 Mar, 2019 – Customer Experience Manager

Hi there, and thanks for being an independent service provider on Handy platform for more than 3 years! We'd love to look into this payment issue you're having but we'll need you to contact us... More

"Very Different Experiences Depending On Team"

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Handy full-time

Pros

Team events. You're encouraged to get to know the people you work with, even if you are not part of the same business team. The company itself experienced an enormous amount of growth which felt exciting to be a part of. The meals and snacks are appreciated--even if it is just a way to keep you in the office working. Depending on which team you work with and who your supervisor is, you may find yourself working with someone who would provide you many opportunities to learn. There are several really great middle managers and the ceo is friendly while serious and brilliant.

Cons

I'm sure the company and management has advanced and changed some of their policies since I ended my employment there, but a few of the things I disliked that ultimately led me to seek other employment centered around the internal culture.
    I had fun getting to know coworkers at happy hour events, but there was a heavy drinking culture.
    There were expectations to be available near round the clock.
    There were evident office politics and a hierarchy based on favoritism. I did not work within customer experience, but the hierarchy consistently put customer service associates down when they were some of the hardest working and highest contributing members to the company, which was at times hard to witness. I'll never forget having a conversation where I learned how little they made but yet how much was expected of them. While most of the company can enjoy and afford to take time off for vacationing, that was not a reality for CX.
    Finally, the lack of clear advancement and learning opportunities outside of favoritism was an issue I knew I did not want to attempt to ride out.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on transparency. The all hands meetings were great, however more education should be provided on what metrics actually are and how they are computed and why they are focused on would help more employees from more areas of the company get a better understanding of company goals. Find a way to share the bigger picture and vision management as a whole has for the next 6 months, even if perhaps it isn't likely to be obtained, so that more people understand why certain goals would lead to it. Encourage managers and subordinates alike to treat every peer with respect and on an equal playing field personally, that rudeness or cliques will not be tolerated, and handle employee issues or those behaving with a superiority complex very quickly.

17 Jan, 2019 – SVP of People

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are continuously working to cultivate an open, transparent, and results driven environment (“Data Beats Opinion!”) where everyone has... More

"Why You Shouldn't Work For Handy"

I have been working at Handy as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

You get to pick when you want to work and what region within your city.
    You get to meet new people.
    Most times you get tips.
    Sharpen your current skills and impress your clients.

Cons

Too many cancellations.
    Because of the cancellations, it's nearly impossible to earn higher pay tiers.
    Some clients have really dirty homes and expect miracles within the time frame given.
    No incentives-you buy your own supplies, pay for your own transportation, work numerous jobs, get multiple 5-star ratings and Handy gives you nothing.
    The rate at which the clients pay and the rate that the cleaners get is absolute robbery. Imagine you're working for 4 hours for $60 but Handy charges the client $130 for the job.
    Customer service gets more perks than the contractors. They get free food and booze with a third of the energy used that the cleaners and handymen put forth, not fair at all.
    I would not recommend for anyone to work for Handy. It is not worth it. You lose more than you gain.
    I only gave them 1 star because you can't rate them any lower but if I could, I would.

Advice to Management

Offer more incentives to your contractors and stop spoiling customer service when it is the cleaners and the handy men that break a sweat here. We don't get free food or alcohol, not even a free shirt or apron. We buy our own supplies and pay for transportation. Handy takes too many fees from contractors. It is practically impossible to make a living wage from Handy even though some of us actually like what we do. If a pro reaches a certain pay tier, that pay tier should be locked in and not set to change because it was earned. Cleaning is a tedious job and deserves more than the $15 an hour you offer, especially if we're buying our own supplies and paying for transportation. You should offer bonuses for working a set number of jobs and for obtaining a set number of 5-star ratings and it shouldn't be based on a weekly or monthly basis either. You know that Handy has way too many cancellations to keep ratings based on time. It's not fair to the pro and you know it. You should be ashamed of how you do business and need to improve your business model, period.

18 Dec, 2018 – Customer Experience Manager

Hello and thanks for sharing your feedback with us as an active professional on the Handy platform! We're always working to improve the platform for all professionals and we'll be sure to pass along... More

"Disgusting!!!!!!!"

I have been working at Handy as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    The only pro I have

Cons

No jobs
    Awful customer service
    Can’t reach anyone
    Takes hours, sometimes 24 hours to get a response
    Pay doesn’t match the jobs
    Customers lie to receive free or discounted cleanings and you’re charged without an investigation of any sort
    Customers book the bare minimum and refuse to extend hours so you end up working over and not getting paid because if you don’t stay you’ll receive an awful review.
    Customers hate this service and take it out on the cleaners
    Handy doesn’t take any comment into consideration
    Reps don’t properly answer questions that you’ve waited hours for a response for. They’re incompetent! They say enough to get you not to respond.
    Rules constantly change
    Customers are allowed to cancel appointments and you’re not paid unless it’s 12 hours and under meanwhile workers are charged for cancellations up to 48 hours.
    No one knows where the cancellation fees go and you have to work to cover these fees and pay taxes on that money although you didn’t receive it
    Liars and thieves is what Handy is!!

Advice to Management

Hire enough reps so we don’t have to wait for responses, by the time you guys respond the jobs are over and whatever problem remains unsolved

14 Dec, 2018 – Customer Experience Manager

Thank you for your hard work on the Handy platform (over a year!) and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. We have a professional support team available to assist... More

"Worse job ever"

Former Contractor - Cleaner in New York, NY (US)
    Former Contractor - Cleaner in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Handy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Your own schedule and hours

Cons

Alot of drug, bad services, bad pay, no customer service for worker, cannot get in contact with manager, bad service from the company, very lil advice or help , no chance given when you have any incident 😡😡😡

Advice to Management

You suck i wont work for you guys ever again and i never got paid for my last 2 jobs ive done

13 Dec, 2018 – Customer Experience Manager

Handy has a professional support team standing by to assist professionals with any issues they're having and they are available 24/7. If you're having any payment issues that you still need... More

"I never got paid for job"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Albany, NY (US)
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Albany, NY (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor

Pros

Side money (If they pay you) I've been waiting going on 3 weeks for $90. Measly dollars for clean a reck of a house

Cons

They should have a number for customer service

Advice to Management

Pay when people work

14 Jun, 2018 – Social Media Engagement Specialist

We can look over your billing if you email us at team@handy.com.

"Can"

Current Contractor - House Cleaner in New York, NY (US)
    Current Contractor - House Cleaner in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule, meet new people, get tips.

Cons

Where do I began, well let's start with handy new cancellation policy for customers, they have up to 30 mins prior to the booking to cancel and pay the pro $15. Does handy not know that we pro are already on our way 30 minutes before the booking. That's more then an inconvenience, that's time and money taken away, then the fact that handy may or may not have another booking to claim and 9 out of 10 if they cancel last minute all you making that day is $15.
    If the Pro cancels 48 hours to 24 hours before booking it's $10, 24hours to 4hours $20 and $40 there after... if the pros are being charged $40 for canceling 4 hours prior, giving handy enough time to let another pro claim the job means handy comes off with not only there payment from the booking, but the cancellation fee as well.
    Customer service sucks the majority of the time takes them hours to answer a simple question and 9 out of 10 times the answer has nothing to do with the question.
    As for the customers booking handy needs to asked more questions from the clients, the messes I have come across , and the lies. One client booked for two hours one bedroom one bathroom the information on the app said. But when I got there it was three bedrooms two bathrooms and the client home was really messy, but the client wanted me to clean it all in two hours and when I kindly informed her that she did not book me for enough time that the job would take more then two hours she got up set and emailed handy to cancel the booking.

Advice to Management

Customer service needs phones and email not just email. The cancellation pay 30 mins prior to booking is wrong in some many ways, it's showing the pros that there is no point in working with handy let alone for handy. $15 could be our only pay for that day if the pro only have one booking that day. Because the likelihood of claiming an other booking is slime to none.
    The pro's cancellation fee 4 hours prior needs to be changed. $40 is a lot of money, especially when handy can not guarantee jobs to claim, let alone be completed because the clients cancellations. Just today I had there claimed jobs and all three cancelled. So that means I made not one dollar today why because of handy cancellation policy for customers, and the fact that handy has no jobs to claim. It's sad because I really do like working for them aside from all that

23 May, 2018 – Social Media Engagement Specialist

We used to have a direct phone line but wait times were too long. During this time we could not offer efficient support to the tens of thousands or customers and pros using the app. When we switched... More

"very rude company"

Former Contractor - Cleaner
    Former Contractor - Cleaner

I worked at Handy as a contractor

Pros

good amount of pay for no brainer

Cons

bad customer service and rule

"THE WORST EVER"

I have been working at Handy as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

You make your own schedule

Cons

Low pay
    THE WORST customer service ever !!!
     have email and telephone support for Christ sake!
    No benefits
    No perks working with this company
    I had a new customer who booked a 4 hr job for a 2 bdrm 2 bath apt. It was huge with walkin closets that needed to be vacuumed. she had paid extras, oven inside fridge and cabinets. I arrived early and the customer herself wasn't there she had left her mother to let me in and work and leave. The mother didn't tell me to do anything specifically so i went to work. Right before i left the customer comes home and does a walk through to tell me i dont know how to clean. As far as the cleaning inside cabinets, she wanted me to go through everything look at expiration dates and throw out some things. 4 hrs wouldnt have been enough time to do all of that and wipe the inside and outside of the cabinets and put the dishes and stuff back. So, i calmly told the client that if she'd like to request me for longer time she can do so in the app. She claimed to do that and i continued to work, i dont know how that works, if the app notifies me or whatever the case may be. When i finished doing everything she asked i had worked a total of 6hrs. I then checked out of the job on the handy once i got to her front door and left. i wasnt nasty or rude and gave her a smiley face and said i wouldnt mind working with her again. Then it goes to tell me i only made $75 for that booking. That is ridiculous, so i gave it a couple of days thinking maybe an add on would be made to compensate for my extra time and it never did. then i reach out to customer service and they jerk me and say she never requested extra time. So then i go to write the customer myself and shes blocked so i cant even attempt to speak to her about my time wasted. I worked for free come on thats just crazy. you dont treat people like that. and handy knows that i was there, they track your every move via gps so they know where i was and know what time i checked out from the booking.
        Then the latest crap, i show up to a booking late. i told the customer i would be late and never got a response. I never get a response from her, even when asking a question while in her house. So i show up and she tells me its not a good time and to come back for the next booking. Ok, i get it but a response to the text wouldve been great before i paid a babysitter and took an hr train ride during spring break. So now 2 weeks later, i get notifications that all my future bookings with her are removed from my schedule and then im charged a $80 fee for not showing up. WHAT !?

Advice to Management

you NEED telephone customer service !!
    In the case that i stayed at that ladys house 2 extra hours dont you think its safe to assume that im still working, you're quick to charge me a fee. hit her with a fee too and compensate me!
    I get that the customer is <i>supposedly</i> always right, but we workers are people too.

12 Apr, 2018 – Social Media Engagement Specialist

We would like a second look into this so we can review the bookings and see if what you're saying is accurate. If it is, we're more than happy to compensate you accurately. Could you please email us... More