Handy Service Professional Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Handy CEO Oisin Hanrahan
Oisin Hanrahan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Handy rating system need improvement" (in 46 reviews)

• "THE WORST customer service ever" (in 39 reviews)

"Professional"

Current Contractor - Service Professional in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Contractor - Service Professional in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule. Extra cash when you need it. I really don't have any good things to say about this platform. It's a scam.

Cons

All of the people who gave 5 star ratings are LYING and clearly work for the company in question. After 3 years they are having a hard time making the company profitable and are desperately trying to recruit new professionals to Scam out of their hard earned money. App doesn't release full details about the job until you agree to do it so you don't know what your getting yourself into until it's too late. I've had jobs advertised as being on one side of town and once you get the details it's somewhere completely different. The fines for canceling a job (no matter the reason) are ridiculous. You'll get fined more than the job pays in the first place. The wage sounds good but when you factor in the expenses (commuting between houses and purchasing your own supplies) it's significantly less than minimum wage. Clients expect very much and professionals have little time to meet all their needs so that leaves you with two poor options, 1. You can leave the clients location on time and risk getting a poor rating if all needs aren't met. 2. You can stay past the allotted time to complete the request, but you will not be compensated for this time. Getting in contact with someone from the company is almost impossible. Need employee support? You'll just be directed to a log of frequently asked questions. But they do not hesitate to fine you! This app is advertised as a job but it's really just a tool used to trick people into doing tedious work then scam them out of the money they earned.

Advice to Management

Make sure your customers are clearly aware of what they are paying for so the professional doesn't end up disappointing them or overworking themselves without compensation. More details should be released prior to booking jobs that way you'll have a lot less cancellations. Compensate your professionals properly, there is no reason to charge someone $50 if they have to cancel a job because they got sick or their car broke down. Life happens. Make the support team more accessible. No reason why your company doesn't have a call center or someone they can speak to if they have a question or problem.

"Handy has revoked bonuses"

Current Contractor - Service Professional in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Contractor - Service Professional in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor

Pros

Flexible schedule, Generally great clients

Cons

Drastic growth leads to less pay an benefits, revoked $5 bonuses, near impossible to contact or provide feedback

Advice to Management

Use pros to test your models, grandfather in $5 bonuses

3. "Great company"

Current Freelancer - Service Professional in New York, NY (US)
    Current Freelancer - Service Professional in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Handy (Less than a year)

Pros

I like how the company treats us. The management is always supportive and I simply love working here. There is room for growth and I love where the company is headed. The flexible working hours are also a huge plus.

Cons

Nothing so far, much better than the previous place I worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep it up with the great job

"Experience"

Current Freelancer - Service Professional in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Freelancer - Service Professional in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Handy (More than a year)

Pros

I felt I was able to work it for most of the time. Then the web would come to a crash, I would be frustrated trying to reset a new pen number. I would received about 5 which would not work and then I am out of work waiting for

Cons

No one to contact if you are running late. The customers number is never correct on file, its usually Handy s customer service telephone number. Then the web would come to a crash, I would be frustrated trying to reset a new pen number. I would received about 5 new pin # that does work. Now I am thinking maybe I need to come back as a new working since I cant get back in my websit/

Advice to Management

Please add client telephone number for professionals to have just in case they are late they will be able to contact the client to let them know they will be late. Please make sure your clients have a good contact number in-case they have a complaint. It is a professional thing to do.

"Fair"

Current Contractor - Service Professional in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Contractor - Service Professional in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor

Pros

Flexibility of Schedule, get to meet new people all the time

Cons

People cancel too much, the policies hurt the service professionals alot more than te customer