Handy Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Handy Reviews

Updated 14 January, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Handy rating system need improvement" (in 47 reviews)

• "THE WORST customer service ever" (in 43 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work!!"

Pros

I enjoy the flexible schedule and fun work environment. The staff members are professional and easy to work with. The customers are awesome too. It's a great place to be!!

Cons

I don't have any cons to write about at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thanks for all your encouragement.

2. "The company has great future potential!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Handy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's very flexible and the pay is great. I would definitely recommend if you want to work part time for a decent salary.

Cons

After some years, I hope I won't have cons for Handy.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and customers.

3. "Ambitious, Growing Company"

I have been working at Handy full-time

Pros

The people are almost universally smart, talented, and fun. The product has a ton of room for growth. The leadership has a lucid and ambitious vision for the future.

Cons

There are cultural growing pains, but those are disappearing by the day. Sometimes strategy feels like it values short-term gains over long-term value. The management could improve transparency.

Advice to Management

Be more open with employees, share strategy, and have more informal forums for idea development.

"Short sighted"

I worked at Handy full-time

Pros

Company is work hard and customer experience and operations are evolving very quickly so you can see change happening.

Cons

Lack of office culture. Constantly shifting in staff. No investment in employees.

5. "Great company"

I have been working at Handy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, and exciting opportunities!

Cons

I can't think of any negatives.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Fun, Seriously Fun"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Handy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, I met some of my favorite people during my tenure at Handy. Those people are what kept me there for as long as I stayed. I can also say that everyone I worked with was very smart, talented, and inspiring.
    My job was not at all stressful. I never took work home with me.
    I did not work long hours.
    Catered lunches.

Cons

Where to begin! I think the main takeaway is that this company is painfully cheap. They don't give raises or promotions as often as one might expect, and when they do, the increase is so pitiful it has no impact on net pay. I personally know an employee who has been with the company for 1.6 years without a single pay increase. The company also presents itself as a marketplace, with equal attention and respect given to its contractors and customers, however that is entirely untrue. Customers come first, and every contractor on the platform can feel it.
    They put together an achingly out-out-touch and awkward culture deck, "modeled after Netflix" but if you pull up each deck side-by-side, you'll see that they are lost. Every executive at this company is a rich kid who doesn't understand and will never seek to understand the needs of the less privileged.
    They've outsourced most of their Customer Experience down south, and it's clear they won't do anything to foster or develop any of the remaining employees in New York-they are forcing them to quit.

Advice to Management

Treat people better. Stop loudly playing foosball all day. Pay people a reasonable, living wage. Don't proudly tout yourself as a "frugal company." It is not a good look. Don't pretend to be connected with your employees. You aren't, and it's embarrassing for you.

7. "Great Experience!"

Pros

I've been working for this compny for more than two years now; it's been a wonderfull experience working as a part-time with them. The amazing thing is how I created my work schedule that allowed me to stay focus on my job as well as enhancing my productivity. The management crews are amazing set of people that perfectly understand how to render an amazing results oriented administrative support that will definitely makes you oustanding. It's a sure company for recommendation any day!

Cons

The couple of years I've spent with them have been great. For cons, there's none! Only haters can say that.

Advice to Management

Please just keep on supporting all your workers as the espire to breakthrough!

"great team to work with"

I have been working at Handy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I create my work schedule and it allows me focus on the job and achieve positive results every time. management fully understands how to run the business and the team I work with is exceptional

Cons

no cons. there is none

Advice to Management

keep the good work going

"Great company to work for, but, definitely has growing pains`"

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

Pros

Fun environment, staff is involved with nearly every aspect of the company.

Cons

A little disorganized at times, but that's the case with almost every young start up that's growing at the rate that they are.

Advice to Management

Fill employees in with what's going on more with the company. Oftentimes employees felt lost and not really sure where upper management was trying to take the company.

10. "Like Family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Handy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am currently working here. I really enjoyed . Just like my family. I get some good friends and some great experience. I had some financial problem last year. But now everything is fine. That only due to my job. Thanks

Cons

Only enemies can tell cons about handy. I am working here. After some years, I hope I will havent cons for Handy.

Advice to Management

Really great to working with you. Good advisable team