Handy Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Handy Reviews

Updated 14 January, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Handy rating system need improvement" (in 47 reviews)

• "THE WORST customer service ever" (in 43 reviews)

"Great people"

I have been working at Handy full-time

Pros

Handy is one of the rare "real startup" gem in NYC. High tech vibe, intensity, sharp people who want to commit their sweat to a higher purpose. Smartest, most dedicated people I have been working with so far.

Cons

No place to hide. I don't know one person who is just "cruising" on their job. Great opportunities for development across functions.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring amazing people and maintain a positive culture.

"Anonymous Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Handy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong company culture with a vision to become a household name drives the pace & has resulted in phenomenal growth. Tremendous career opportunity for anyone who wants to roll up their sleeves & contribute.

Cons

Like any start-up, it isn't perfect and is still a work in progress. But Handy has a real shot at breaking out in an even bigger way & that is the appeal.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the importance of ensuring that each and every employee fundamentally understands the opportunity here & how rare it truly is.

"Operations Associate"

Former Employee - Operations Associate/Community Recruiter in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Associate/Community Recruiter in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Handy (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company and growing rapidly. Great opportunity to start with a smaller/newer company to learn the in/outs of building a business from the ground up.

Cons

Not a lot of communication with upper management. Slight lack of direction, often left to make decisions on your own. As a remote employee away fro HQ office, there was often a lack of direction and communication with managers, directors, CEOS.

"Worse company ever"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY (US)

Pros

This company has Absolutely no pros

Cons

No end to end customer relationship.
    Negative reviews across the globe.
    they dont do background checks on employee, which means anyone can become an electrician with Handy

Advice to Management

Change Management, improve customer services, improve recruitment process

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I worked at Handy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free lunch and pay was ok

Cons

very cold and no compassion.

"Handy is great to work for"

I have been working at Handy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really - really like working for Handy!

This expert cleaning organization gives the capacity to make an exceptionally adaptable and helpful work routine. Consistently working for Handy is a smooth, compensating and gainful experience. The Management team has been good to work with as well, which is important.

It is likewise extraordinary to realize that my co-workers are quality employees, who are all around prepared, learned, connected with, and devoted to the organization's qualities. Just overall a great organization to work with.

Cons

Truthfully i have none. Just a great place to work for ... hands down...I wish I found them a long time ago.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work. Finally having a management team that I can trust is the best

7. "The best"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Handy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Handy, there is an unparalleled growth opportunities through the philosophy of one big family which I’m a beneficiary of this. We the workers at handy are empowered each or as a team member to live differently and enjoy ourselves and a good facilities being put in place to encourage members that needs more professional training and a feedback-based career development infrastructure supporting them throughout all stages of their career.
    One of the thing I appreciated most in Handy, is the ability to make my own schedule, this gives me the opportunity to play with my friend and watch my favourite TV show and sports. Their salary is top notch with good management. I’m proud to be an employer of Handy.

Cons

Like I have always tell my friends, that Handy is the best place to work, a place where we take and watch each other backs. Just like the bible, “ seeth a man diligent in his work…..” when you are diligent in your work at Handy, you’ll enjoy a first class treatment.

Advice to Management

I have worked with several organization and companies but Handy stands out the best. They are always there for me and other workers. The management are full of fun, family atmosphere, flexible scheduling and caring relationships built with their coworkers and customers. You are the best!!!

"Outstanding Experience From Handy Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Pros

The people are almost universally smart, talented, and fun lots of things to learn too.

Cons

Sometimes strategy feels like it values short-term gains over long-term value.

Advice to Management

Be more open with employees, share strategy, and have more informal forums for idea development.

"Amazing friendships"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Handy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing friendships made from toughing it out at a place where you're always afraid you'll lose your job. Free alcohol is given to replace compensation.

Cons

If you're not in engineering, you will be asked how you do your job and then it will be automated and you will get laid off.

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews

10. "Awesome"

Pros

The pay is great. I would definitely recommend if you want to work part time for a decent salary.

Cons

I don;t have any cons

Advice to Management

Thanks for all your encouragement.