Handy Residential Housekeeper Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Handy CEO Oisin Hanrahan
Oisin Hanrahan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Handy rating system need improvement" (in 46 reviews)

• "THE WORST customer service ever" (in 39 reviews)

1. "professional"

Former Contractor - Residential Housekeeper in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Contractor - Residential Housekeeper in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Handy as a contractor

Pros

Working with handy was a great opportunity for me to improve myself. I am out of the company by their choice and I believe customers miss me. I love to work, I am energetic, smiles always, love to make money and I am gifted. Will always be great even though not with handy.

Cons

Handy never answers the phone so you can actually express your points. They are on to making money that's all.

Advice to Management

Management need to meet with professional and listen to their complaints.

"Cleaner"

Current Contractor - Residential Housekeeper in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Contractor - Residential Housekeeper in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Been working for less than a year, It's a Great Company I get to meet new people and I get a chance to travel all over the city.

Cons

Wish they had more evening bookings other than that Im very happy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!!!

"Very Stupid penalties!"

Current Contractor - Residential Housekeeper in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Contractor - Residential Housekeeper in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor

Pros

Picking jobs based on your area, and not having to deal with as many cancellations as on my own. I like the direct deposit.

Cons

So they want to charge you if you cancel within 48 hours of a job because the cancel job option is only in case of an emergency? When do we have an emergency that let us know 48 hours in advance? They get addresses wrong and if I am late I get charged when they got the address wrong to begin with. Can't get a hold of them ever they are always hard to contact. Customers of Handy are always upset with me telling me that Handy has been charging their credit card even if they aren't getting the services, so that makes it hard for me to get a good rating then I still get penalized because they are upset with Handy I get a bad rating? Phones don't work in certain areas due to poor satellite service on phones then I call dispatch and get told I need to write my job numbers down its not there problem?! How do we check into a booking without the phones working? And what is the point of having a phone that has no reception? Very frustrating! No tips!

Advice to Management

If we aren't allowed to penalize you for poor phone service, wrong addresses and problems you created with the customer first I have no idea how we are supposed to be rated based on your performance! You are not holding up your end of the deal. I have had every customer through Handy be angry for your repeated credit card hits. Please figure out whats happening before you charge your workers and lose any hope of help you might have.

"Great start for a cleaning career"

Current Contractor - Residential Housekeeper in Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Current Contractor - Residential Housekeeper in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor

Pros

Get to meet new people, sometimes get tips, after your first 15 jobs get a $17 pay rate but your customer rating needs to be over a 9, easy to apply! I received an answer in two weeks. My 1st real cleaning job. You are you own boss, no one is done your bank telling you what to do. Flexible schedule you make your schedule so you can have another job. They give you a work phone.

Cons

First three jobs payments goes towards supplies: you get a vacuum, all purpose cleaner, windex,microfiber wash clothes. This bag is heavy and you have to travel with it. Start with $15 hour that's really low for the amount of work cleaners do. Don't take out taxes so you will have to file at the end of the year.

Advice to Management

Have all customers need their phone numbers so the cleaner could get in contact with them.

"What a joke"

Current Contractor - Residential Housekeeper
    Current Contractor - Residential Housekeeper

I have been working at Handy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I've met a lot of good people with the company

Cons

This is the worst company to work for...poor management, impossible to move up in pay. The payscale is a complete joke. Technical support is even worse, clients can't even get through to the company. Very poorly executed. Bookings are always screwed up, double booked or not even booked at all!!! Complete mess and I don't see this company making it much further. Good luck

Advice to Management

Get real and take care of the people who DO ALL THE WORK and the clients who give us the work!!

Handy Response

5 Nov, 2014 – Marketing

We’re sorry to hear about your experience while at Handy. We have customer service in place 24/7 to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and that professionals are able to successfully complete their... More

6. "hardwork"

Former Contractor - Residential Housekeeper in New York, NY (US)
    Former Contractor - Residential Housekeeper in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Handy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

work-life balance, pay, work alone

Cons

benefits, Shoppers bag, client backgrounds